Dishman Hills Natural Area Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

When I was a kid my mom made a squash, chicken and spaghetti noodle casserole. I didn't know any better, so I ate it. She made this particular dish multiple times over the years. I hadn't experienced anything better and so I ate it everytime. I have since had a decent meal, and never touched that casserole again. This trail is squash, chicken, spaghetti noodle casserole.

It was ok hike. Like others have said, it is poorly marked. A lot of the signs that you do see have been vandalized so they can't be read. The ones you can read are confusing. If you follow the main trail signs you will just go back and forth between the signs. Glad I had All Trails on my phone.

We parked at the Sargent ave lot and there was broken glass everywhere at the trailhead. There was also trash (literally busted open bags on bags). We did a mile long loop and basically had no idea where we were going the whole time due to poorly marked trails. There was also an off leash dog wandering pretty far from its owner and kept storming up on our leashed dog. You can also hear the highways clear as day. Although the landscape and view is pretty, this park needs some serious TLC.

great quick hike. my 5 yr old daughter has no troubles on any of the trails, and trails are well defined. we go here often!

Beautiful trail. A little dry in August. I would of loved more maps trough out the park. But the maps that are there are vandalized :( other then that enjoyed this quiet gem.

I had the app pulled up almost constantly trying to stay on path. There are so many poorly marked trail the split off. It worked out, I was able to direct and dad and young son to a shorter trail that looped back to the start and another couple to the ponds. I also took a shorter path thanks to all the connecting trails.

We hiked this trail mid-day on a very hot afternoon in July. This Trail offered very minimal shade. It is obviously not maintained. It has literally zero signage. The trails are very confusing. There is no obvious begin or end to this hike. We were lost many times on spur trails and unmarked trails. The trail was a good workout but I will not be back, Ever! Please, don't waste your time.

The area was nice with some good rock formations to play on but the trails were confusing and easy to get lost on which we did. We ran into the end of the park boundaries two or three times to find back yards and houses. It had a couple of small ponds and if you stayed in the park it was a nice area but still confusing. Give yourself at least three hours on the trails.

Fun, easy to reach, great for dog walking. Easy enough for my 9yo to trek around with me.

Both my dog and I loved it! Nothing too steep and great views at the top. There was one point when we had to find the trail (took about 5 min) but other than that no issues.

Very poorly marked trails. Thank goodness for cell phone location tracking because I ended up off the trail multiple times trying to figure out where to go.

Nice trail, easy to hike, however snow spikes are highly recommended in the winter. Nice view of the city. Conveniently located can get to even in a small car. No restrooms other than a pit toilet that is yucky. Definitely will hike again.

We went off the trail and got some priceless photos, it was amazing and not to hard as long as you take your time :)

Beautiful hike. Missing signage makes it hard to know if you’re on a trail or not

Great place to sneak in a quick hike. Easy to get off the main trail because of false trails or missing signage.

Pretty hike but very poorly marked, it was hard to figure out which trail to take especially in the snow. I had to track myself on the app so I wouldn’t get lost.

Friday, December 08, 2017

Nice easy hike! Had a quick picnic at the bench at the top. Good hike for the fur babies.

Monday, October 09, 2017

Great day for a hike! Only my second time hiking here. I forgot how convenient this spot is.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

I love this place. Have come here frequently. Lots of different trails for hiking and exploring. There's not too many people because there's lots of trail options.

Mountain biking it's not that great but once you go real deep and get good and lost its pretty fun on a bike if you're willing to make your own path, then it's pretty interesting.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Good hike for so close to town. Trails are a bit convoluted, but none the less easily manageable.

Thursday, July 20, 2017

I loved that there was a trail so close to the "city". It's a hidden gem and we had fun hiking with our dog. We got a little lost and had to trek a little ways back to the right trail but fun nonetheless.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

We love this hike

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Since I had already hiked the outer perimeter of the park today I made it my goal to fill in some of the inner trails. They were all enjoyable. Strangely enough, my favorite section was at the very end when I decided to go toward the northwest. The trails here are not on the map, but they are still within the park boundaries. This section has a lot of elevation change, and there are many rocky structures and ravines. A friend of mine said it was once a hot spot for "BMX" bikers.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

I generally enjoyed this area. For being in the middle of the city, there are several unexpectedly cool features to explore. Wildflowers were still in season for me. The rock formations were curious, begging any young person to explore them. I resisted temptation and stuck to the trail. Counting all the intersecting trails that cut through the middle there are enough paths to fill a whole day of exploring. I just stuck to the largest possible perimeter loop and was happy to complete it before dark, considering I started after 6:00 p.m.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Very easy afternoon hike with my dog, but the trails aren't very well marked and we got a bit lost. Ended up behind some people's private residence. Watch out for broken glass, liter, etc. Didn't see any homeless or gang activity, but lots of tagging and obvious beer drinking going on up there.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Wonderful. Not too crowded, includes stairs and markers throughout. Very extensive system. Easy to get lost. Good in every season.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

First time on the trail and was disappointed that there weren't more trail markers. I was hoping for markers to show me what's ahead and I could choose different trails. With that said, I will go back and explore!
Be prepared for the bugs!

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Was a decent trail. Didn't know what part of trail we were on. Improved markers would be a nice addition.

Monday, May 22, 2017

I love hiking here but the trails aren't all well identified. We thought we were following the trail but ended up in a fenced in area at one end of the park. Still, it has great views of the city and there is a lot of wildlife.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Great views but horribly marked trails. You don't know what way to go as you make the loop.