For a limited time only, save 30% on a year of AllTrails Pro!
Get Started
Learn more

Dishman Hills Natural Area Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 4.0 mi Elevation gain 662 ft Route type Loop

Photos (88)
Recordings (740)
Completed (937)
Zachary Timberlake
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 25, 2020
Backpacking

I love this trail. I've been hiking it for a few years now. if you go by the side around the trailer park by the ravine, there are multiple broken glass bottles and a squatter camp set up. I hike in sandals and alot of people enjoy bringing their pups out here, just be extra careful.

View Zachary's Recording
Jenna Gunter
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 14, 2020
Hiking

Super easy hike. Fun to take our dog, but with there weren't so many people all of the time.

Sarah Joy
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 12, 2020
Hiking

This is a really nice trail! We had a lot of fun hiking around and exploring. The trails and maps were nice. The only thing that made this a 4 star is that there were drug deals happening and many different homeless “homes” around many of the corner within the first mile.

View Sarah's Recording
Renae Severn
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 27, 2020
Hiking

Great trail and trail area. Just have to keep your map on you as trails go everywhere. We veered off a few times some purposely and some not. Great time together as a family.

View Renae's Recording
David Goss
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 22, 2020
Hiking

First time here and it's rather nice. Came by in the evening after work and it's still really hot. There were a couple places where trees feel across the trail and the ponds are completely covered over with vegetation. Lots of us and downs ago it's a really good workout.

View David's Recording
Nate Larmore
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 6, 2020
Hiking

So convenient, right here in town. Beautiful forest trails. Use your GPS app, easy to get lost on intersecting trails.

View Nate's Recording
Lindsay Page
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 22, 2020
Hiking

Hard to follow unless you use all trails

View Lindsay's Recording
Lindsey Dunbar
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 16, 2020
Hiking

We didn’t have a great experience. The trail was not marked well at all, and where it was marked we found the posts/signs were more times than not defaced from vandalism. We found ourselves on many offshoot trails unintentionally. We had hopes of this being a simple trail to follow but instead realized we needed to have our all trials map out at all times. We probably won’t be back. Also, there are homeless people hanging around but there were plenty of families hiking which made us feel a bit safer.

Rebecca Ann
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 12, 2020
Hiking

Great view at the top of the city. The trails are not marked at all and it’s easy to get lost if you aren’t constantly tracking your location via the all trails app. Good for an adventure but if you just like to follow a simple loop trail without having to think about it too much this trail is not for you.

Shannon Nauert
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 9, 2020
Hiking

The only reason I had 3 stars is that there are people camped out on the east side of the conservation area. Tents and laundry baskets of clothing. I only saw one tent but it made us pretty uncomfortable. Other than that the views were great and the trails are very well maintained!

View Shannon's Recording
Lindsey Siemssen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 25, 2020
Hiking

First time here. ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! My daughter and I plan to go here again and again. However, YOU NEED TO USE A MAP - especially if you are interested in exploring all the different trails like Nimbus Knob, Goldback trail, Deep Ravine Loop, etc. You'll understand once you're there. Some trails are well marked while others are not there anymore. We got lost a few times because offshoot trails are not marked and you're left second-guessing yourself since they all look similar. I couldn't get my mobile data to work at times on the trail either which made it so I couldn't rely on Google maps deep into the trail either. Overall though . . . I would actually HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hike!! I will most like print this trail map and have it with me just in case I can't get a signal again.

Stephanie Schlis
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 21, 2020
HikingBlowdown

Trail needs maintenance. Lots of trees to climb over that have been there for a while. Extremely crowded at the trail head this directs you to... I would find a way to access from somewhere else. Lots of garbage. A few homeless encampments. Took at least 25 minutes to hike in far enough to stop hearing the crappy music blasting from the car dealership. It got better the farther in we hiked, but I won’t be returning.

Zek B.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 20, 2020
Backpacking

4/20/2020 Myself and Ian I brought 50ibs and Ian brought 20ibs.

View Zek's Recording
M Finn
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 1, 2020
Hiking

Beautiful day out on the trail. Very little mud and buttercups were blooming!

View M's Recording
James D'Angelo
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 22, 2020
Rock climbing

I went to go look at the climbing spots and had a great time. I'm glad I had a map. I look forward to going again!

janet ybanez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 17, 2020
Hiking

Great for dogs and daily walking moderate

View janet's Recording
Wakan Burrows
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 14, 2020
HikingOff trailRocky

I love this trail system because it’s easy to get lost, find some really cool nooks, outcrops, and trees, pick up some trash, then find a trail and make your way back. But to dog owners: I often see little baggies filled with dog business and it occurred to me that one could bring a small hand shovel, bury the business, thus alleviating the need, but lack of interest, to carry the bag all the way back to the car.

View Wakan's Recording
Vanessa Armstrong
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 27, 2020
Hiking

Easy to get lost with all the trails! Happy I had my app to keep me going where I wanted!

View Vanessa's Recording
Lindsey Johnson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 19, 2020
HikingSnow
View Lindsey's Recording
Jennifer Wilkerson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 1, 2020
HikingMuddySnow
View Jennifer's Recording
Zachary Timberlake
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 3, 2019
BackpackingBlowdown

trail still looking nice, a touch of mud and one small easily navigated blowdown

View Zachary's Recording
Mitchell Penberthy
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 12, 2019
Hiking

liking it better as I go. thank you

Dbfrogger Aitken
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 8, 2019
View Dbfrogger's Recording
Harvey Knorr
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 5, 2019
View Harvey's Recording
Devon Bonavia Butler
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 15, 2019
Hiking

I took a guided hike , honestly I would have been lost . Dry dog friendly on Leash. Great work out!

Andrea Rorabaugh
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 4, 2019
Hiking

Great hike in town. Birdwatching was great. The trail was difficult to follow but overall a nice get away from the city.

Sean Campbell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 31, 2019
HikingRocky

The trails were at times poorly marked so have your map open to keep you on track!

View Sean's Recording
Stephanie Silverthorn
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 28, 2019
Hiking

I really enjoyed this trail. Everything about the hike was fantastic! It was all very clean. The wild life seem to be very happy and mind there own business. There is a nice Park at the Appleway Blvd entrance. The terrain is partly flat partly hilly, with some rocky areas. The only downside to this trail is there are not a lot of directions once you're deep in the trail. I really recommend a map.