Dishman Hills Natural Area Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(637)
Dishman Hills Natural Area

Dishman Hills Natural Area Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 662 feet Route Type: Loop

rock climbing

So convenient, right here in town. Beautiful forest trails. Use your GPS app, easy to get lost on intersecting trails.

Hard to follow unless you use all trails

We didn’t have a great experience. The trail was not marked well at all, and where it was marked we found the posts/signs were more times than not defaced from vandalism. We found ourselves on many offshoot trails unintentionally. We had hopes of this being a simple trail to follow but instead realized we needed to have our all trials map out at all times. We probably won’t be back. Also, there are homeless people hanging around but there were plenty of families hiking which made us feel a bit safer.

Great view at the top of the city. The trails are not marked at all and it’s easy to get lost if you aren’t constantly tracking your location via the all trails app. Good for an adventure but if you just like to follow a simple loop trail without having to think about it too much this trail is not for you.

The only reason I had 3 stars is that there are people camped out on the east side of the conservation area. Tents and laundry baskets of clothing. I only saw one tent but it made us pretty uncomfortable. Other than that the views were great and the trails are very well maintained!

First time here. ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! My daughter and I plan to go here again and again. However, YOU NEED TO USE A MAP - especially if you are interested in exploring all the different trails like Nimbus Knob, Goldback trail, Deep Ravine Loop, etc. You'll understand once you're there. Some trails are well marked while others are not there anymore. We got lost a few times because offshoot trails are not marked and you're left second-guessing yourself since they all look similar. I couldn't get my mobile data to work at times on the trail either which made it so I couldn't rely on Google maps deep into the trail either. Overall though . . . I would actually HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hike!! I will most like print this trail map and have it with me just in case I can't get a signal again.

Trail needs maintenance. Lots of trees to climb over that have been there for a while. Extremely crowded at the trail head this directs you to... I would find a way to access from somewhere else. Lots of garbage. A few homeless encampments. Took at least 25 minutes to hike in far enough to stop hearing the crappy music blasting from the car dealership. It got better the farther in we hiked, but I won’t be returning.

4/20/2020 Myself and Ian I brought 50ibs and Ian brought 20ibs.

Beautiful day out on the trail. Very little mud and buttercups were blooming!

rock climbing

I went to go look at the climbing spots and had a great time. I'm glad I had a map. I look forward to going again!

Great for dogs and daily walking moderate

I love this trail system because it’s easy to get lost, find some really cool nooks, outcrops, and trees, pick up some trash, then find a trail and make your way back. But to dog owners: I often see little baggies filled with dog business and it occurred to me that one could bring a small hand shovel, bury the business, thus alleviating the need, but lack of interest, to carry the bag all the way back to the car.

Easy to get lost with all the trails! Happy I had my app to keep me going where I wanted!

trail still looking nice, a touch of mud and one small easily navigated blowdown

liking it better as I go. thank you

I took a guided hike , honestly I would have been lost . Dry dog friendly on Leash. Great work out!

Great hike in town. Birdwatching was great. The trail was difficult to follow but overall a nice get away from the city.

The trails were at times poorly marked so have your map open to keep you on track!

I really enjoyed this trail. Everything about the hike was fantastic! It was all very clean. The wild life seem to be very happy and mind there own business. There is a nice Park at the Appleway Blvd entrance. The terrain is partly flat partly hilly, with some rocky areas. The only downside to this trail is there are not a lot of directions once you're deep in the trail. I really recommend a map.

Great trail. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Using the All Trails app map, for the most part we were able to stay on the trail and the indicator was helpful...the reason that it only gets 4 stars is the All Trails app map seemed to function more accurately when we were traveling North..which is odd because the point was to go South..at any rate, I had an amazing day with no negative energy, and I made it home safe. After thinking about it I am going to give 5 stars because the rating is for the trail more so than it is on All Trails app map...

Went to the Eagle Peak and enjoyed that part of these trails!

I’ve hiked these trails many times as a long-time resident of the area. It is always my go-to for a trail run because they have a decent level of difficulty for a good workout. Great place for a dog walk. You can easily feel lost if you aren’t familiar with the trails because there are many forks. Today, I used the recording feature of this app for the first time on these trails and did not have the sense that I was lost.

nice trail

Great trail for a run or just a stroll - lots of shaded areas! A little confusing at first, signs vandalized, but AllTrails map gives good direction! Some trails not on map! Overall - incredible hike!