Dishman Hills Natural Area Trail

Dishman Hills Natural Area Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Good hike for so close to town. Trails are a bit convoluted, but none the less easily manageable.

I loved that there was a trail so close to the "city". It's a hidden gem and we had fun hiking with our dog. We got a little lost and had to trek a little ways back to the right trail but fun nonetheless.

We love this hike

Since I had already hiked the outer perimeter of the park today I made it my goal to fill in some of the inner trails. They were all enjoyable. Strangely enough, my favorite section was at the very end when I decided to go toward the northwest. The trails here are not on the map, but they are still within the park boundaries. This section has a lot of elevation change, and there are many rocky structures and ravines. A friend of mine said it was once a hot spot for "BMX" bikers.

I generally enjoyed this area. For being in the middle of the city, there are several unexpectedly cool features to explore. Wildflowers were still in season for me. The rock formations were curious, begging any young person to explore them. I resisted temptation and stuck to the trail. Counting all the intersecting trails that cut through the middle there are enough paths to fill a whole day of exploring. I just stuck to the largest possible perimeter loop and was happy to complete it before dark, considering I started after 6:00 p.m.

Very easy afternoon hike with my dog, but the trails aren't very well marked and we got a bit lost. Ended up behind some people's private residence. Watch out for broken glass, liter, etc. Didn't see any homeless or gang activity, but lots of tagging and obvious beer drinking going on up there.

Wonderful. Not too crowded, includes stairs and markers throughout. Very extensive system. Easy to get lost. Good in every season.