Discovery Trail

Discovery Trail is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lakewood, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Short easy trail. Good for kids and strollers.

Too short

Ok fishing

Toxic alge in lake. Not good do humans or pets.

great trail for the family

Nice, flat terrain. Good for strollers, bikes, kids.

They recently did a lot of work on the park and the paved trail around the lake is awesome! If you use the side trails up the hill by Pierce College you can see Mount Rainier on a clear day!

Easy trail, easy walking. Decent view. Had a fair many people on it and it had a fair amount of litter a d dead animals in the water, which was alarming.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Easy trail. Lots of people, and when we go, ducks (and duck poo). A lot of people have dogs as the dog park is nearby.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Always forward, Never back!

Didn't really have a plan when I set out. I ended up doing several long hills. Really had to push myself going up the last 2 hills behind Pierce College. It was hard to stop thinking about how tired I was and how I just wanted to stop for a few seconds. But I kept pushing, putting one foot in front of the other and made it to the top. Than I stopped for a moment to wipe my brow with my shirt.

The perseverance of hiking and continuing to push when tired can help grow that perseverance into the rest of your life for when things get difficult. Few things I keep repeating to myself if I need motivation is "Don't stop", "Forward" or "Always Forward", which is a longer version of something else I thought of "Always forward never back"

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Rainy but still great hike. Used my umbrella most of the time. But going through the woods I had to close it a few times due to brush and thorns, so that slowed me down a bit.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Breezy and shade along the way makes a great hike.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Awesome hike cool and breezy

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Good hike. Kinda warm and occasionally breezy.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Right by my apartment complex :D I go walking here almost every weekend. It's really nice and the trails aren't overwhelming.

Friday, August 12, 2016

Easy trail with nice views all around.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Great hike but wow am I exhausted! Glad I wore shorts and that it is also a cool day and breezy at times.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

The lake was so beautiful! Easy hike if you just wanna get out but not do anything too hard

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

I bought The North Face Surge backpack for a day/hiking pack. It works really well and is comfortable. Wish I would've used my trekking poles it would have made the steep hills easier with a 25lb backpack and climbing over unexpected logs. Really wish I had the trekking poles going down cause the hill was kinda steep and another large unexpected log. I faced my "fear" and took my time so I wouldn't slip or trip over anything and I made it down safely. A bit sunny but also cool and a good wind blowing and it feels soooo good after sweating with a backpack on my back.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Long hike in this heat thats why I tried to stay in the woods more. But than decided to take a more developed trail near the lake. Picked a lot of blackberries and a few huckleberries in the woods. Also saw a few salmon berries but I don't really like those so I left them. There are many other berries that grow here too that are not edible for humans. Before you eat any berries know what they are first. Some berries can make you sick or even be deadly.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Kinda warm but a little breezy. Longer hike than I thought I would do but I made it around the lake. Found a few trails I hadn't hiked yet. Also picked some blackberries along the way.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A little humid but still a great hike and a little blackberry picking.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Great hike even though it's a bit warm and humid. Found a few sun ripened blackberries and were sooo good! There's a lot of blackberries in the grasslands behind Pierce College. They ripen late August early September depending on how much sun they get. The more sun blackberries get the sweeter they are. Many years ago I pick a huge bowl full for a blackberry pie.

Monday, July 04, 2016

The loop trail around the lake is about 1 mile and is paved, so it is easy. This could easily turn into a few hours of trails as there are several dirt and rock trailheads off of the main paved loop around the lake. Some of those trails were pretty steep. It offered a great variety.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Warm but great hike

Monday, June 13, 2016

Long hike with a lot of difficult steep hills at the begininng but I was able to make it up without my trekking poles, but they would've made it easier. Great leg workout! Found several trails I've never been on. And a lot of shade along the way to help stay cool.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Weather was rainy and cool. With an umbrella and short sleeve shirt was very comfortable and didn't sweat much due to the temperature being cool.

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Cool and a light breeze. Great day for a hike!

Monday, May 30, 2016