Discovery Trail

Discovery Trail is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lakewood, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Toxic alge in lake. Not good do humans or pets.

great trail for the family

Nice, flat terrain. Good for strollers, bikes, kids.

They recently did a lot of work on the park and the paved trail around the lake is awesome! If you use the side trails up the hill by Pierce College you can see Mount Rainier on a clear day!

Easy trail, easy walking. Decent view. Had a fair many people on it and it had a fair amount of litter a d dead animals in the water, which was alarming.

Easy trail. Lots of people, and when we go, ducks (and duck poo). A lot of people have dogs as the dog park is nearby.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Always forward, Never back!

Didn't really have a plan when I set out. I ended up doing several long hills. Really had to push myself going up the last 2 hills behind Pierce College. It was hard to stop thinking about how tired I was and how I just wanted to stop for a few seconds. But I kept pushing, putting one foot in front of the other and made it to the top. Than I stopped for a moment to wipe my brow with my shirt.

The perseverance of hiking and continuing to push when tired can help grow that perseverance into the rest of your life for when things get difficult. Few things I keep repeating to myself if I need motivation is "Don't stop", "Forward" or "Always Forward", which is a longer version of something else I thought of "Always forward never back"

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Rainy but still great hike. Used my umbrella most of the time. But going through the woods I had to close it a few times due to brush and thorns, so that slowed me down a bit.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Breezy and shade along the way makes a great hike.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Awesome hike cool and breezy

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Good hike. Kinda warm and occasionally breezy.

Friday, August 19, 2016