Discovery Trail

Discovery Trail is a 12.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Long Beach, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

This is a beautiful walk or bike ride with views of Cape Disappointment, the Long Beach Peninsula and the Pacific Ocean. The main trail is a very well maintained bike path that does get some pedestrian use. Interesting landmarks along the way including Clark's tree and a grey whale skeleton.

great ride, lots of sights and smells. enjoyed long beach when we finished.

BEAUTIFUL!!! We loved it, and found it to be our favorite trail so far.. nice rolling hills along Ocean front scenery with smooth riding..you come along many photo worthy locstions..we went to the light house, which is up higher into the hills, and over nice walking bridges.. even fun net coming back down:) about a 16 mile loop.. DO IT!

Beautifully paved biking and walking path that winds and rolls through the dune grasses and low woodlands. The ocean waves are constantly in view, and we saw lots of birds and a couple of deer. We started at the Beard's Hollow trailhead and rode easily for about 45 minutes, encountering only a few other cyclists and walkers, and stopping for a delicious lunch break at the Pickled Fish Restaurant at the Adrift Hotel in Long Beach. Perfect relaxing day. Will definitely do again.

I ran the whole trail from Breakers all the way up to the lighthouse and back last weekend. It was a beautiful sunny day with picturesque views. I look forward to running the trail again and again and again. Very easy run with a little bit of a challenge heading up to the lighthouse and lookout at the Cape. Highly recommended!!!

loved the ride. i thought it was easy and there were multiple places for beach access. I will do it again.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Longboard friendly!

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Beautiful ride! NICE pathway. Great scenic views of the beach!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Beautiful trail perhaps a bit monotonous. Really well maintained cement trail. You can see the beach only as you get closer to ilwaca.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Loved it!!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

It was the best bike path I've ever ridden and it was more fun riding back becuz it was all downhill.

Friday, August 22, 2014

The Northend trail head is located on 26th just off of Pacific Hwy. just follow the Doscovery Trail sign then the Monument Tree sign. Sort of misleading since it's right beside an apartment complex. The trail is very well maintained! No tree roots, dog or horse manure when we were there. We even sighted a lone deer then later a mama deer with her 2 baby fawns. This trail does connect over to Cape Disappointment State Park. I brought my mountain bike for this trip but will definitely come back with my road bike!!

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Makes me wish I had a bike!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

This trail offers well maintained trails, easy access to the beach, and mostly paved trail. The trail was also very easy with little steep inclines. At the trail head there was a bridged area that you can walk on, that could have been at once a pond, but now it contains a lot of deer, and possibly coyote pawprints. I would reccommend this trail to anyone looking for an easy, but accessible, and achieving hike.

Sunday, April 07, 2013

I ride this trail on a regular basis now that I moved to Long Beach. Love the ride to Beards Hollow. The ride is flat and the views are supreme, especially Beards Hollow. I posted Picture so you can see for yourself. For longer rides you can ride on to Discovery park and visit the light houses and continue out to Illwaco at the port for nice views of the Columbia. I moved here because of these rides.

Sunday, September 02, 2012

This is a great bike ride with stunning views of Cape Disappointment, the Long Beach Peninsula and Cape Disappointment. The path is very well maintained.