Diablo Lake Trail

Diablo Lake Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Marblemount, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Highway 20: At mile marker 127.5 turn on to Diablo Dam Road and drive one mile to Sourdough Creek parking area.

Loved this hike! I agree that you don't need to finish the hike to get the views. Be sure to also hang out at the lake @ the bottom of the parking lot!

the views are amazing and once you get to Ross dam you can cross a bridge and go through a tunnel

Don't need to finish the trail, but the views are unbelievable

Very pretty hike!

So dissapointed in this hike. the views from the parking lot or even driving around the lake are better. I would never recommend this to anyone, hike up to the top, have a little view point, then you hike back down the other side to the lake for not much, only to see a dam. If you are going to do that, i recommend timing it with the ferry since we would have had to wait 3 hours for the ferry so we made the awful hike back up.

Best day trail we've done since I've come up to the area. make sure you reach the bottom at the end and take a couple (very. . .very short) swims. From what I've heard the water is glacier fed. From what I felt, I believe it! We got lazy after swimming and took the ferry back... be sure to bring cash (10 per person) if you want to take the boat back!

Nice, easier hike with not too much elevation change. We did it as a second hike of the day and had no problems, minus getting lost at the Ross Dam end thinking there would be a lookout. A few good views of the lake and surrounding mountains, but by far not the best hike in the area.