Devil's Dome Ross Lake East Bank Loop Trail

Devil's Dome Ross Lake East Bank Loop Trail is a 38.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marblemount, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great hike. Started at the Canyon Creek Trailhead and went counter clockwise over 5 days and 4 nights. The first two days up to Devil's Dome were fairly difficult and steep at times. Well worth the effort. Awesome views on top and Ross Lake was a nice treat as well. Here is the link for a video I made from the trip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEXyO6PyTX8

My wife and I just completed this amazing loop over 3 days. We started at Canyon Creek TH and wound up exiting a different way due to an injury. Very grateful for the kindness of those who helped us out! The ascent and descent of this hike is substantial which is why there are so many incredible views! We had a Black bear in our site at Devils Camp who did not bother us. Trail was clear of snow and the mosquitoes were insane for many stretches of this hike. Up until we arrived at Ross Lake we only saw 5 groups of hikers. Maybe stretch this one over 4 days or arrange for a water taxi from Ross Lake.

This one looks good on paper but is actually tedious, dry in long stretches with mixed, mediocre views and leaves you unsatisfied. Use your valuable time to a different loop.

cool, above tree line hike

Gorgeous views!! Make sure you fill your water at North Fork because when we went (end of Aug) there wasnt any water source from North Fork to after Devil's Dome.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

A good ass kicker! They say 5 days, but I did it in 3 (not without a good amount of pain though). I did it last August, there was still snow at certain points, but was ok with trail running shoes, trekking poles and minimal weight (27 lbs. with food and water). This was my first intro to the north cascades and this is by far my favorite place to hike in the pacific northwest!