Des Moines Creek Trail

Des Moines Creek Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Seattle, Washington and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nicely paved flat trail in a valley which follows the Des Moines Creek to/from 200th and the Des Moines Park/Marina. While the trail is amidst neighborhoods... it feels very remote and is mostly serene. There is a short part of the trail which passes a waste water treatment facility... so there's a funky smell for less than 100 yards of the trail. We are generally out and about midday on weekdays, so we rarely see other people on trails. We had this one to ourselves most of the time, passed about 3 other people. There are adequate trash receptacles for doggy poo bags, so it's makes this a great option for people with furbabies!!!

Park at either the Des Moines Creek Park lot or at the lot just off 200th and 20th.

We prefer to park at the Park near the Marina... so we can walk the pier and let the dogs play on the beach at the end of the out and back trail.

Super easy and fun!

An incredible oasis any time of year amid suburban sprawl. There are only five public accesses to Puget Sound in all of South King County for 725,000 people and this is one of three in the City of Des Moines (the others are at Saltwater State Park and Redondo). Given that much of the burden for maintaining and preserving the lower reaches of this wonderful feature falls on just the 31,000 people of Des Moines, it doesn't seem unreasonable that the 80 percent of non-resident parking lot users are asked to contribute a measly $1 per hour to help preserve the parking lot that is in danger of being closed due to seawall failure. Easily the cost of that latte you're trying to walk off anyway. Heck, it's $10 bucks at Saltwater State Park.

it's very pretty but lots of noise from planes. for me, it defeats the purpose of getting out into nature because I look for serenity, but for those who enjoy planes you'll love it!

I do this several times a week; it's great and fully paved. I am really disappointed that they started charging for parking down at the beach end (I liked the up and then down) and so I now park at the S 200th st entrance which is in Seatac and they do not charge parking there.

One of my favorite go to spots to walk my dogs! If your looking for a in the woods hike it's not that. They do charge to park there now. $1.00 per hour or $5.00 for the day!

6/24/2017 (Saturday) -- The beach park has a large parking lot, a long bridge stretching into the sea for catching crabs. A weekend farmer's market attracts a huge crowd of people. The sewer treatment plant is located 3/4 mile from the beach. This is a hot early summer day, but a morning walk in the woods is OK.

Was a great walk ....def. going to do again

I was disappointed only because I was hoping for Hiking... the walking path is nice though. Very peaceful next to the water. I will walk this again in tennis shoes not hiking boots.