Deep Creek Loop Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(259)
Riverside State Park

Deep Creek Loop Trail is a 5.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Nine Mile Falls, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.4 miles Elevation Gain: 830 feet Route Type: Loop

rock climbing

partially paved

Note: As of May 2020, part of the trail is CLOSED due to erosion but there is a detour possible (will add approximately 0.5mi to trip).

The trail is really pretty but all the side trails get confusing. We had to use the app quite a bit to navigate

closed

Really loved this trail! Be warned that the shortcut trail that takes you from up on trail 25 back down to the Centennial Trail is technically washed-out/closed. I didn’t see a sign at the top, but once I reached the CT at the bottom there was a marker designating that section closed...oops!

This was the perfect time of year to enjoy the wild flowers. The winding trail of was beautiful with green grasses and colorful flowers. We saw a pair of bald eagles and enjoyed their sounds to one another. The view point overlooking Spokane and the river was beautiful. Once you get to the view point, you could accidentally go left or back toward the parking lot, but you don't want to miss out on the beautiful decline that this actual trail should take you on to the right. Just follow the red line on your all trails map. If you get to an intersection with another trail, just zoom in on the map and it will show you where you are. It was enjoyable walking back down but I would skip the dirt road part if you can. It is short and you are headed back through the woods quickly though. One of my favorite parts was the deep Creek or river bed! We are pretty sure that we got off track at some point because we ended up going 6 and a 1/2 miles versus 5 and a 1/2 miles. Regardless, it was beautiful. (We picked up a few ticks from the grasses.)

fee

Nice to have a map of the area. A large portion of this trail is on roads.

Stunning vistas, abundant wildflowers, well maintained trail. Many unmarked intersections. We were able to skirt the paved section of this loop by taking one of these unmarked side trails. All Trails Ap helped us find alternate routes.

Overall this was a great trail with a nice mix of steep inclines, downhills and flats. Little disappointed with the paved section, a portion of the trail closed due to erosion, loud noise from the ORV park and highway, and very poor signage. If you want to do this loop I recommend the Pro version because you will get off route several times. Can’t complain as this was my first day out since CV-19 shut everything down. Much needed time in beautiful nature!!

Great version that hits all the top scenery: the top of the bluff, Deep Creek Overlook Trail, and a climb through Mordor.

So we took an abbreviated version and did not take this whole hike. But the creek bed is sooooo fun to hike back “upstream”.

Love this trail!! I’ve hiked this trail two weekend in a row with my dogs and we enjoyed every min! It starts with a semi challenging uphill trail through beautiful lush trees and greenery until you reach the top where you can look out over the entire north side. Very satisfying! Then it continues down along a beautiful narrow trail and it very flat and easy from there until the end. This trail includes all types of terrains and views. You end crossing a beautiful bridges and walk along the river.

Our goal was to hike the loop on Trail 25 (see recording). A short part of the trail was closed so we took the .5 mile detour to reach the Centennial Trail. I’m rating this a four because the trail signage is so poor we couldn’t have done this loop without AllTrails Pro. Also, the nearby ORV park was very loud during at least half our hike.

trails were a bit muddy on the east and south side. the weather was perfect and the trails cleared of treefall.

Jan. 22, 2020 I hiked this loop today. The trails were snow packed and slick in a couple spots. I wore regular hiking boots without cleats. It was in the 30s today but in colder temps. you may need some type of traction. Using this app, I did get off the thick red line on the trail map, but it may be due to the cloudy, overcast and slight rain disturbing the GPS signal. The small compass on the app does not always appear so you should have your own compass as on all hikes. The initial part of the hike was uphill which was not too difficult but did get me breathing heavily. I'm 57 in ok shape and carried a 20 lb. pack. The trails have beautiful views and wildlife. I did come across a few turkeys on the trail. During the last portion of the hike, while on the Centennial Trail, the GPS marks you on a blue dashed line and not the thick red line when heading in a somewhat Northerly direction back to the trail head. While still on the Centennial Trail, you move to the right of the red line and then back on the thick red line, perhaps 1/4 mile. This could be the part where the trail is washed out. I did see some caution tape on one part of the trail coinciding with the diversion. Just stay on the main path, Centennial Trail, and you will be at your parking spot soon. Fun hike and I will do it again in the spring.

first visit and wasn't disappointed. moderate inclines and downhills that were challenging for bad knees, but trudged slowly and enjoyed the scenery.

closed

Great hike, would’ve been better if not for some road walking. Part of the trail is closed I don’t know why. Amazing views, worth the step inclines for sure. Took me longer then planned due to awesome views. Not for the out of shape unless you take your time. Enjoy!!

A portion of the trail is closed due to erosion. Try following the 25 trail.

closed

Good trail, lots of fun and nice views good workout! a very small part of the trail was closed due to being washed out. we ended up cutting across at a steep area, which was safe, and lots of fun!

This trail is closed November 4-7th FYI

Unfortunately I missed the fall colors. But it was great to get out on a nice October day. I am unaware of any detailed Riverside Trail maps, so I am thankful for Alltrails because there are several forks that leave you second guessing your knowledge of the trail system. The trails are a little washed out from recent rains, but not horrible. Be prepared for more rocks and exposed roots. No downed trees to navigate around though. Overall a great place to spend an hour or a day exploring.

Beautiful trail! So many pretty fall colors. The connector trail (410) was closed so we added about a half mile which was fine. Will be back! My kids loved it too!