Deep Creek Loop Trail

Deep Creek Loop Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nine Mile Falls, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Went the other day after a rainstorm. It was very quiet, verdant and beautiful. I expected to be bombarded by mosquitos but was not (yay)! Quite a large trunk blocking trail 25 south of 411 intersection, but had no trouble getting over it. Expected the stream to have a bit of a flow of water after all the rain, but it was barely a trickle.

Pretty disappointed with the scenery on this trail. You get a good viewpoint about 2 miles in and then the creek about 4 miles in; both great but very short lived and the rest of the hike is pretty bland. Also walking along a gravel road with cars passing by, and then later on the paved Centennial trail isn’t my idea of a hike. A good workout at points, but there are a lot of better hikes in this area.

Great hike, first one of the year! Happened to be on the same day of a local run... helped mark the trail!

One of my favorite hikes. Really easy to get to. When the creek bed is dry it’s a blast to walk through, just watch your feet!

Great hike today! The weather was nice and the sun was out finally! The creek is still pretty high so no walking down in the creek bed yet. Hopefully next month it will dry out.

Beautiful view with wildflowers. Creek was still a little high but didn’t stop us on our adventure

Beautiful, diverse trail. Deep Creek is currently unpassable due to water flow - cross on 7 Mile road. Tranquility was a bit marred by the sounds emanating from the ORV park, but the sights made up for it.

Foggy with drizzle, tried doing the loop today. Deep Creek is flowing and uncrossable. Trails are compact ice and mud. Yaktrax or spikes a must

There is a nice view at one point..... It's a very nice loop but there are a lot of turn-offs so pay close attention to the map.

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Sooo beautiful. Went in spring and early summer. Great views. If you want to get to the bridge quicker you park at the lot further from spokane.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Great

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Despite several stretches where you aren't quite sure if you're on the right trail, this is a great hike. We used the WTA hike info for this one to make sure we didn't wander off track too much (I'll post the link below). The views from the high point of the trail are beautiful, and the rolling hills keep the trek from getting monotonous.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Nice area. Tons of trails to explore. Deep Creek Interpretive Trail has some interesting rock features.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Trail was beautiful but not well marked at all. It was extremely difficult to find which trail I was supposed to be on (as many intersect) and I pretty much was holding this app open to use as a GPS. I ended up turning around half way because I was alone with a dying phone and didn't want to get lost.

Lots of bugs and I saw a rattlesnake as well- bring bug spray and be aware of your surroundings!

Monday, May 29, 2017

It was a decent hike but not well groomed.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

I was unable to find the second half of the trail and had to head back the way I came. The trail is poorly marked. If you aren't used to hiking alone and are incompetent when it comes to directions (like me), then it is a bad idea to do this trail by yourself. I'd really love to go back and complete the entire loop with a person who has completed this trail before.
It's a pretty hike, though. It has plenty of inclines and a decent amount of shade. However, the mosquitoes ate me alive! Bring bug spray and sunscreen with you for this hike. I also encountered a rattle snake when I was heading back the way I came.

Monday, April 24, 2017

nice hike!!!! trails were in good condition, will do it again

Sunday, April 23, 2017

We did the loop in about 3 1/2 hours. It was a fun trip we would definitely do it again.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

It was peaceful and beautiful! Had my dog on his leash but not going to lie it was nice being able to let him run on his own! Can't beat walking for a while and then being able to put your toes in the sand!

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Love walking this trail in the summer and fall.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

I loved this trail very nice hike, beautiful scenery and close to Spokane

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Nice hike. Saw a wolf near seven mile road and inland

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Love this area for hiking , just challenging enough in some areas to keep it interesting. A nice , pretty and relaxing hike.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Fun little hike if you choose the lower paths. I think just around 3.4 miles. Also they had a posting that a cougar was near. Did not see one unfortunately.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Great for a day hike. Mostly shady. Some steep climbs, but nothing too difficult. Our 9 year olds handled it fine.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Great hike

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Easy to moderate trail. Shady and somewhat cool (by the water at least). Did not have enough time to do the whole loop but will definitely go back.

Monday, June 13, 2016

I enjoy it was not to difficult but it had some areas were steep.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Great hike and workout. Highly recommend!! There is a paved section of the Cenntenial Trail which makes it great for strollers. We took trail 400 which was a great hill workout.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Great hike with a good incline. Hiked with 7 kids (3, 2-5 yr olds, 7, 9, 12, 14) and all of them did really well (3 yr was in a pack). By the lay mile all the kids were pretty tired and ready to be done but that's also the point when you're out of the tree line. Overall we really enjoyed it!