Deception Falls Interpretive Trail

Deception Falls Interpretive Trail is a 0.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Skykomish, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

Deception Falls picnic area will remain closed until further notice. Call the Skykomish Ranger Distirct for more information at 360-677-2414. The parking area is closed, but there is room for a couple of cars to park near the gate. This .75mile interpretive trail takes you underneath the highway to a viewing platform of Deception Creek Falls, then continues along Deception Creek to meet the Tyee River. From there, the trail loops through an old growth forest to return to the parking lot.

Easy access to falls

oh man I loved this trail! We stopped here on our way home from leavenworth, and it was seriously one of my favorite trails. It was so easy, which was perfect for us because we were very tired from our trip, but we love hiking, so we decided to stop real quick, and I'm so glad we did. There are some stairs, but very easy, no steep cliffs or anything. we brought our 9 year old and our dog and they both loved it. Very short distance and I would say there are atleast 5 spots to play in the river water or take pics. Choose to either take the short loop trail, (highly recommend) or go down some stairs and see the falls. must see forsure. we were there for about an hour, but we played in the water and climbed on the rocks alot.

Great little hike easy to see and get to the falls

A great, unexpected area! The trail is a nice stroll and has several view points. You can climb down to the river at several parts, go wading, and hang out. It is not closed, and parking is free. If you are driving through the area, it is a must see!

A fun, short accessible trail!

very easy hike, GORGEOUS views!

a nice, short walk along the water's edge. great for little ones

Fun quick stroll in a gorgeous forest. Almost nobody there on a nice saturday! Not difficult by any means but very pretty spot.

A pleasant hike. Our 5-yr old loves every last step. The falls are blasting right now. It is a sight to behold.

I've lived in Washington my entire life and I've never been anywhere so beautiful! the waterfall is breathtaking and the hike is lovely. highly recommend!!

Lovely hike-we were here in spring and the trails are not cleared yet but the falls are spectacular! We will be back!