Dash Point Trail

Dash Point Trail is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Federal Way, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Located in Federal Way between Seattle and Tacoma in the Puget Sound, this park is a popular destination for hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing and recreational beach activities. Beach explorers can find starfish, crabs, birds and raptors. This 398-acre camping park features 3,301 feet of saltwater shoreline. The beach provides unobstructed views of the Puget Sound and opportunities for sea-life study. This loop is a great day hike on well maintained trails. There are several trail options (many quite short) but almost all crossroads are clearly marked with the trail names. A Discover Pass is required for vehicle access to state parks and recreation lands managed by the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW), and the Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR). One pass can be transferred between two vehicles. The fees are as follows (Add $5 transaction/dealer fees at WDFW dealer locations): Annual pass: $30 One-day pass: $10

Great for trail running!!

I refuse to pay $10 to park to use the trails and I'm not going to get a $100 ticket Washington has the most dumb Park system and these kinds of things should be abolished

Good place to take your dogs and to go for a stroll. This place is very close and convenient in my residential area for a short hike with the feeling of "nature". Though, not a place to "get away".

I was super impressed with these trails. My dad and I took my dog and ttaipsed through here for a few hours, enjoying the streams we crossed, the rustic bridges and steps, the slide in the hollowed out tree. I enjoyed the many "choose your own adventure" trail loops to choose from, inspiring us to do one more loop before heading back, resulting in a satisying hike for 2 and four legs alike. The camp ground is cute, too, might come down for a night as it's so close to home.

Fun, easy, relaxing hike.

Great to just wander around in all day

My favorite state park. Beautiful walk with some more "strenuous" segments. Beautiful streams and wooden bridge and walkways.

Nice little trail

I love this place, it's quiet not to crazy or full and the scenery is nice. there is many different trails to take so you don't have to take the same one every time. I would recommend this place to anyone.

First visit to the park and it was great. The trails are not always marked, but never fear, all trails lead back somewhere familiar. The trails are for bikes and hikers, so beware of being on the narrower treks. There is a down side, especially with a dog, there are no bathrooms except at the beach area, which is still a ways from the parking lot. Nice scenery, cool wooden bridges and stairs, and a stream. Cool canopy cover, so that you are not baking in the sun. Hilly areas that present some challenges for those who do not want a straight shot hike or bike route. Parking can get packed. Just be prepared to be there earlier in the day or wait for a spot. Will need to have a Discover Pass or purchase one at the pay box. Overall, a great experience and will go to again.

Well marked just make sure to have a map with you just in case. Lots of variations of wide trail to walk. Great for dogs!

Good for clammers, people with dogs. Wasn't too impressed with trails although the bird lookout was nice. Lots of poison oak about.

Always nice, trails in great shape

It was perfect for just a nice couple hour stroll with the dogs and was right next to the beach too! Perfect elevation gain for a jaunt through the woods, and beautiful to boot. Also not too busy so that's a plus!

An easy and restful trail right outside Tacoma. Fairly convenient if you live in the area but not worth going far out of your way

This wasn't bad, especially for its proximity to the port and industrial area. I can say that I smelled it though constantly. The most irritating thing was that this trail has tons of bikers on the routes. I almost got run over on at least 4 occasions in one hike. This may be a good place to mountain bike, not so much to hike. The campgrounds were mediocre too. I am a hammock camper so I was disappointed that there were not many sites suitable for this. Beach area was kinda dirty. Not sure what the attraction is here but I won't be coming back.

This is a great Park. The trails are well-maintained and not too difficult. The issue we had was there there are too many small (most less than 1/2 mile) trails connected and not one large loop labeled. We spent too much time checking maps at each fork, trying to determine which way we should go that didn't lead us back to our car.

Beautiful park. Nice hiking seems like a decent size. Theres a 10$ fee and/or a Discover pass?

fun little trail. good for kids. wish they would fix the bridge at the "bird watch lookout"