Dash Point Trail is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Federal Way, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Located in Federal Way between Seattle and Tacoma in the Puget Sound, this park is a popular destination for hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing and recreational beach activities. Beach explorers can find starfish, crabs, birds and raptors. This 398-acre camping park features 3,301 feet of saltwater shoreline. The beach provides unobstructed views of the Puget Sound and opportunities for sea-life study. This loop is a great day hike on well maintained trails. There are several trail options (many quite short) but almost all crossroads are clearly marked with the trail names. A Discover Pass is required for vehicle access to state parks and recreation lands managed by the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW), and the Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR). One pass can be transferred between two vehicles. The fees are as follows (Add $5 transaction/dealer fees at WDFW dealer locations): Annual pass: $30 One-day pass: $10

Woods in the middle of the city. boring beach.

Beautiful and well maintained park with numerous trails.

Peaceful

I live close to this state park and love hiking it any chance I get. Lots of different paths to take to mix it up!

Beautiful trails with moss covered trees. The trails are labeled really well so you can shorten and extend you hike through the park easily. Definitely going back!

Awesome local urban walking, running and biking surfaces.

good walking

Great place to explore! Saw a woodpecker up close and enjoyed all the different trails. Beach is amazing too!

Very pretty at low tide early in the morning.

Beautiful trails.....loved hiking here near beach as well

Beautiful well maintained trails that my dog and I had a good time on this afternoon. Not too busy on a midweek day!

amazing place ,,,,, just beautiful.

Pretty good

Beautiful trail, easy hike. I went when in early April and it was very muddy and slippery in spots. lots of wildlife, eagles especially! We saw mom and 3 juvinile eagles learning to hunt! it was beautiful!

This trail is very well-maintained. I went on a sunny but chilly Saturday morning and there were very few people on the trail. I ran and walked and it took about 2 hours to make a big loop.

easy, little muddy today

The beach was beautiful. I saw a Heron, a Golden Eagle, and a Bald Eagle all within an hour. Saw the sun set too. The trail was easy to navigate and access to the beach area is clear. Well worth my evening. Headed to the Dash Point Pier next. I recommend both for an easy and enjoyable evening.

The trails at this park are in fantastic condition and very well maintained. Even on a nice Saturday, it was not super busy and I had plenty of peaceful alone time. It’s worth noting that there is not an actual trail called “Dash Point Trail”. The entire park is a series of small connected choose-your-own adventure trails. There were maps and signs throughout, making navigation quite simple. In total I was able to get in 5.6 miles pretty easily.

I was pleasantly surprised at the condition of the trails. Even with all of the rain/snow we've had they really weren't very muddy. Well maintained. Beautiful scenery. Wasn't super busy today but I imagine on a sunny weekend day it probably gets packed. Don't forget your Discover pass. When I was leaving a ranger was checking for them.

A bit muddy, but I enjoyed the combination of forest and ocean. Perhaps a better place to camp out than hike.

Small but very nice. A little steep for a beginner like me, and slippery this time of year, but all good. I will definitely be back when I can catch a low tide.

Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Great for trail running!!

Sunday, September 24, 2017

I refuse to pay $10 to park to use the trails and I'm not going to get a $100 ticket Washington has the most dumb Park system and these kinds of things should be abolished

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Good place to take your dogs and to go for a stroll. This place is very close and convenient in my residential area for a short hike with the feeling of "nature". Though, not a place to "get away".

Thursday, August 17, 2017

I was super impressed with these trails. My dad and I took my dog and ttaipsed through here for a few hours, enjoying the streams we crossed, the rustic bridges and steps, the slide in the hollowed out tree. I enjoyed the many "choose your own adventure" trail loops to choose from, inspiring us to do one more loop before heading back, resulting in a satisying hike for 2 and four legs alike. The camp ground is cute, too, might come down for a night as it's so close to home.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Fun, easy, relaxing hike.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Great to just wander around in all day

Monday, July 17, 2017

My favorite state park. Beautiful walk with some more "strenuous" segments. Beautiful streams and wooden bridge and walkways.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Nice little trail

Sunday, July 09, 2017

I love this place, it's quiet not to crazy or full and the scenery is nice. there is many different trails to take so you don't have to take the same one every time. I would recommend this place to anyone.