Damon Point State Park Trail is a 3.2 mile loop trail located near Ocean Shores, Washington and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 36 feet Route Type: Loop

Soft sand and plenty of waves crashing the beach, great views of the Pacific Ocean!

Nice beach walk. Saw several seals. Nothing special

Beautiful walk on the sand.

What a great hike!! We did the full hike out to the point and around the other side. It was a 6.5 mile hike. Sandy beaches, cool looking driftwood everywhere and lots of shells and rocks for your bucket. We saw starfish, seals, seagulls, beach birds, 2 big bucks, momma deer and a couple of fawns. Easy beach walking.

good for rock hounding, agates, jasper, petrified wood, better after a winter storm...

Nice beach walk. Can get very windy.

Nice beach walk. We waked all the way to point which added another mile or so. Seabirds and deer to see. Gorgeous wildflowers and cool driftwood. Took a lot of pics.

Thu Apr 04 2019

Great with kids. Was really windy/cold but pretty. :)

Sat Jan 12 2019

One of my favorite beaches. The waves are wild and beautiful here! The non-beach leg of the walk was not as interesting (but then its winter).

Wed Aug 22 2018

Beautiful, easy hike with crashing waves and quiet shoreline. We saw dozens of pelicans and large, interesting driftwood.

Tue Aug 14 2018

This trail is by far an absolute favorite. You can start going the backside or the front depending on where the sun, tide, and wind are and what kind of experience you want. The back is fantastic and quiet and picturesque and is nicely protected from the noise is the surf and the wind. A wonderful way to exercise and find great rocks!

Sun Jul 08 2018

This is our new favorite beach! Very kid friendly with lots of beautiful agates and birds.

Thu Jul 05 2018

cold n smelly

Sun Mar 04 2018

Beautiful area! It was very busy with lots of off leash dogs with not very polite owners.

Sun Oct 08 2017

A very pleasant walk on the beach. Very relaxing due to the constant sound of the ocean waves. You can follow the trail or walk to the tip of the point where the ocean and the bay meet. There are some birds but not too many, as it is a popular dog walking spot. You can see some jellyfish washed out on the sand. The crab carcasses and the tree logs and uprooted tree stumps on the sand give the place a little bit of an apocalyptic landscape look. It is a great place to visit at different times of day, or different days, as the tide changes and that makes a difference as to how far out you can walk. On a warm Sunday in October the parking lot was full.

Mon Aug 14 2017

I really enjoyed walking around the entire point on the beach. I think it would be best to do it either right at sunrise or about an hour before sunset to really appreciate the beauty of this place!

Fri Jul 28 2017

Great walk but the port-a-potties at the trail head were so full you could see the top of it before you stepped up inside.

Tue Jul 18 2017

Trail not at all well marked.

Wed Apr 19 2017

Gorgeous beach walk. :)

Tue Nov 08 2016

I am so happy I took this trail. The view was amazing! I couldn't get enough.

Sun Jul 24 2016

Amazing quick hike was completely amazed that on a busy sunny Saturday the trail was actually empty I mean it seemed like were had our own island. But views were great and its a really easy pace.

Sun May 29 2016

awesome hike! even got to see a seal pup!

Tue Mar 31 2015

My wife (7 mo pregnant) and I decided to finally check out Damon Point State Park. First, it's a bit confusing since this is no longer a "State Park" and is not listed on the WA Parks & Rec. website. The parking is a bit strange as you simply park across the street from a road that is marked as closed next to a VERY rundown RV park and a super creepy looking old hotel. Our trip mostly involved us walking across the spit as my wife was not up for walking the rest of the way around the point. However, that alone was pretty cool. The West shore of the spit has a much steeper drop off than out on the beach thus creating more dramatic waves. There is A TON of clam shells all over the shore. We would get excited to find a broken half of a clam shell near the jetty, however we found countless full shells on the spit. It was cool to cross over to the East (harbor) side of the spit and notice the stark difference in the waves, which were very calm and relaxing. As we finally got to the island part of the point the old road was cool and eerie at the same time. I don't know how old it is, or when the other part of it washed away, but there defiantly is ZERO signs of a road ever existing on the spit side. We will diffidently be back to complete the point soon. I highly recommend this trail if you are in the area.

Fri Feb 01 2013

Great hike. Got to see the Snowy Owl in this trip. What an amazing bird.

recorded Damon Point State Park Trail