Damon Point State Park Trail

Damon Point State Park Trail is a 3.2 mile loop trail located near Ocean Shores, Washington and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible year-round.

I really enjoyed walking around the entire point on the beach. I think it would be best to do it either right at sunrise or about an hour before sunset to really appreciate the beauty of this place!

Great walk but the port-a-potties at the trail head were so full you could see the top of it before you stepped up inside.

Trail not at all well marked.

Gorgeous beach walk. :)

I am so happy I took this trail. The view was amazing! I couldn't get enough.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Amazing quick hike was completely amazed that on a busy sunny Saturday the trail was actually empty I mean it seemed like were had our own island. But views were great and its a really easy pace.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Sunday, May 29, 2016

awesome hike! even got to see a seal pup!

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

My wife (7 mo pregnant) and I decided to finally check out Damon Point State Park. First, it's a bit confusing since this is no longer a "State Park" and is not listed on the WA Parks & Rec. website. The parking is a bit strange as you simply park across the street from a road that is marked as closed next to a VERY rundown RV park and a super creepy looking old hotel. Our trip mostly involved us walking across the spit as my wife was not up for walking the rest of the way around the point. However, that alone was pretty cool. The West shore of the spit has a much steeper drop off than out on the beach thus creating more dramatic waves. There is A TON of clam shells all over the shore. We would get excited to find a broken half of a clam shell near the jetty, however we found countless full shells on the spit. It was cool to cross over to the East (harbor) side of the spit and notice the stark difference in the waves, which were very calm and relaxing. As we finally got to the island part of the point the old road was cool and eerie at the same time. I don't know how old it is, or when the other part of it washed away, but there defiantly is ZERO signs of a road ever existing on the spit side. We will diffidently be back to complete the point soon. I highly recommend this trail if you are in the area.