Damon Point State Park Trail

Damon Point State Park Trail is a 3.2 mile loop trail located near Ocean Shores, Washington and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Beautiful area! It was very busy with lots of off leash dogs with not very polite owners.

A very pleasant walk on the beach. Very relaxing due to the constant sound of the ocean waves. You can follow the trail or walk to the tip of the point where the ocean and the bay meet. There are some birds but not too many, as it is a popular dog walking spot. You can see some jellyfish washed out on the sand. The crab carcasses and the tree logs and uprooted tree stumps on the sand give the place a little bit of an apocalyptic landscape look. It is a great place to visit at different times of day, or different days, as the tide changes and that makes a difference as to how far out you can walk. On a warm Sunday in October the parking lot was full.

I really enjoyed walking around the entire point on the beach. I think it would be best to do it either right at sunrise or about an hour before sunset to really appreciate the beauty of this place!

Great walk but the port-a-potties at the trail head were so full you could see the top of it before you stepped up inside.

Trail not at all well marked.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Gorgeous beach walk. :)

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

I am so happy I took this trail. The view was amazing! I couldn't get enough.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Amazing quick hike was completely amazed that on a busy sunny Saturday the trail was actually empty I mean it seemed like were had our own island. But views were great and its a really easy pace.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

awesome hike! even got to see a seal pup!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

My wife (7 mo pregnant) and I decided to finally check out Damon Point State Park. First, it's a bit confusing since this is no longer a "State Park" and is not listed on the WA Parks & Rec. website. The parking is a bit strange as you simply park across the street from a road that is marked as closed next to a VERY rundown RV park and a super creepy looking old hotel. Our trip mostly involved us walking across the spit as my wife was not up for walking the rest of the way around the point. However, that alone was pretty cool. The West shore of the spit has a much steeper drop off than out on the beach thus creating more dramatic waves. There is A TON of clam shells all over the shore. We would get excited to find a broken half of a clam shell near the jetty, however we found countless full shells on the spit. It was cool to cross over to the East (harbor) side of the spit and notice the stark difference in the waves, which were very calm and relaxing. As we finally got to the island part of the point the old road was cool and eerie at the same time. I don't know how old it is, or when the other part of it washed away, but there defiantly is ZERO signs of a road ever existing on the spit side. We will diffidently be back to complete the point soon. I highly recommend this trail if you are in the area.

Friday, February 01, 2013

Great hike. Got to see the Snowy Owl in this trip. What an amazing bird.

Friday, March 17, 2017