Crystal Mountain Trail

Crystal Mountain Trail is a 9.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Enumclaw, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

cave

From Puyallup, east 47 miles on State Highway 410 to Crystal Mountain Road (Forest Service Road 7190). Turn left and drive 4.4 miles to Forest Service Road 7190-510. Turn right and drive 0.4 miles to Sand Flats camping area and the trailhead.

A nice little walk. And of course great views

Ended up doing this trail, instead of our planned one further up the mountain, and was pleased. I had my 6mo in a carrier, and my 3yo son walked. We went about 2.5 miles in before turning back as it was just too hard for my 3yo in the slippery conditions. Definitely recommend it! It’s beautiful and so peaceful.

Took gondola up to hike down. Definitely a moderate hike - some parts steep, loose dirt and gravel. Recommend hiking boots unless your ankles are made of steel. We went around the lakes - altogether around a 6.1 mile trip. Even paying attention to the map, we still took a path we shouldn't have. They did not break the bank with their sign budget.

Tons of parking available in lot.

No one way UP ticket available just round trip and unlimited options, but I have heard you can get a DOWN only ticket for $10 at either base or summit.

TIcket office opens at 10 am in summer, but if you are hiking up to gondola ride down, go earlier in day to beat the heat.

Amazed to see some people taking bikes up the hill. Also there is a portion of trail with frisbee golf.

Amazing views of Rainier! Blazing hot day, recommend summer hike get an early start, lots of water and food, sunscreen, hat and bug spray. Saw lots of dogs on the trail.

Beautiful! Mostly single-track. Mountain and or lake views the whole way. Loved this hike!

We rode up and hiked back down. The two dogs really enjoyed swimming in each of the lakes that we encountered. Fairly steep in a number of places.

Arrived on a Friday and camped out in our trailer in Lot B for $35. If you go on a weekend and want to Park close/in Lot A get there early. Other than that there is lots of free parking available and no pass required. We rode the Gondola up to the summit. Bought a one-way pass which is a pricey $23 or $33 for unlimited day use. The views on a clear day are spectacular. The first part of the Trail is out in the open and well maintained. Lots of wildflowers in bloom. The Trail was pretty dry and dusty. Lots of hikers with dogs off their leash, a couple mountain bikers making their way up, and other hikers going up or going down along the way. We choose to do summit to base to make it easier on the kids. Our trip was 4.7 miles.

Just another great doggyday

Great hike on a perfect day. The trail was well maintained and had only a few other hikers on it (love weekday hiking). Our plan was to hike up and ride the gondola down. We started at 10am and got to the top at 1pm, which on an 85° day was no bueno. We initially thought that you could only buy gondola tickets at the bottom so we waited until they opened at 10am. Had we known that you can buy down tickets at the gift shop up top, we would've started the hike around 7am and had a MUCH more enjoyable time in the cooler air. As it was we, were fine while in the tree line, but the last two miles or so you are completely exposed and the heat just beat us down. The last mile or so we were absolutely knackered and were slogging our way to the top. We'll definitely do this hike again, but we'll just get there early to enjoy the cooler temps.

Hiked up and enjoyed the brooks, meadows, wildflowers, and alpine views. Played with the dog in Henskin Lake along the way, Some steep climbs at times, but nothing insurmountable. Ate lunch at the top and took the gondola down--dogs were welcome for both.

There's also a disc golf course throughout the hike, if you are so inclined.

My co-worker and I hiked this trail and the longer PCT trail last summer. Yes, you can hike up and ride down the gondola from the top, which is what we did. We bought our down ticket at the top after we ate at the restaurant.

Thursday, February 09, 2017

we rode the lift up and hiked down very beautiful views areally good hike but i would have rather hiked up and rode down but u can'tbuy a down ticket only up or round trip

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Great hike! I took the gondola up and hiked down. I am very glad I did! If I had hiked up it likely would have been too much for me. However, riding the gondola up, seeing the impressive view of Mt. Rainier, having lunch and then hiking down made for a perfect day. The trail down is narrow and sometimes confusing so make sure to have a map of the trail with you or download the Crystal Mtn ap. The terrain can be difficult as there are a lot of exposed tree roots and rocks on the trail. It is definitely a work out so make sure you have water and food along the trail. Definitely something to experience.

Monday, August 08, 2016

Went on a trail from behind the lodge to the gondolas and took those down. Make sure if you plan to hike up and ride down you get your tickets first-it was $10/person to ride down but at the end of the hike it was worth it. We ended up hiking 4.8 miles of the trail and went up 2,460ft

Sunday, May 08, 2016

I love this spot, but dogs are not allowed, and this is actually two trails. Crystal peak and Crystal lake. we did the peak which was still snowy, but has amazing views.

Friday, December 11, 2015

My fiancé and I had an awesome time on this trail, we took my two dogs with us, let them play in the water as we went and they absolutely loved it. We had lunch at the top and then were able to ride the gondola back down with my dogs. The trail was nice, the lakes and forest was beautiful. Truly a hike to not miss if you are in the area.

Friday, September 11, 2015

My boyfriend and I started at Crystal Mountain Ski Resort base area and took the Silver Creek trail up to the Crystal Mountain Summit trail; the hike was pretty steep in places but the views were incredible! We stopped at Henskin Lake for a small lunch, and toured around Elizabeth Lake later up the trail. We encountered a few horseback riders and Disk Golf players as well as a few wildlife; marmot, elk, and birds! When we summited we ate dinner at the Summit House Restaurant then rode the Gondola back down. Very nice hike!

Saturday, July 12, 2014

We have done this a couple ways. If you have all day do it right. Instead of taking the gondola up go up and go the long way. You won't be disappointed. My wife and I started hiking up bullion basin to the pct. when you finally reach the top of bullion basin you have a gorgeous view of Rainier, Adams, and Crystal. We then took the pct to bear gap. This part is awesome as you walk along ridge lines with amazing views. We then took the north trail and dropped down to heskin lake, had lunch, then started ascending again. When we reached the summit at the gondola we had hiked 9 miles and gained about 2500 ft in elevation. At the top have a cold drink and ride the gondola down for free.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Awesome hike! We took the gondola up and hiked down along ridges to Elizabeth Lake, onto Henskin Lake to Silver Creek Trail (steep for a mile) and back to the gondola. For a great workout, try going the opposite, uphill direction. Took us 4.5 hours including a lunch stop at Lake Elizabeth. Only saw a couple marmots and brook trout. Beautiful day in the Cascades.