Coyote Wall Loop Trail

Coyote Wall Loop Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near White Salmon, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Portland, just take i-84 east to Hood River, cross the bridge over to WA in Hood River, then head east 4.6 miles on highway 14 and the trailhead sign will be on your left.

My wife and I completed the hike of the Coyote Wall Trail. Windy! It was a nice walking trail and although they rated this trail as difficult, it is fairly very easy. It looked more like a great biking trail than a hard hiking trail. Beautiful views of the Columbia River and some sweet microclimate of oak trees were well worth the walk. Yes, it is very windy and the weather can change on you in a second, as this happened to us. Sunny one minute and raining the next. Make sure you prepare for any weather( as you should always, living in Oregon). I would recommend this trail to everyone.

Great hike, late August so it was warm, not a lot of shade. This would be a great hike in the spring when there would be lots of wild flowers

Beautiful!

A great mountain biking spot with several fun trail options. I avoid it once summer sets in because there's no shade at all. You can ride here all through the winter though!

Almost stepped on two rattlers about two feet apart. be careful on this trail, boots and pants.

This is a great hike but will definitely wear you out. Great vistas. Be aware that it's brutal to do in the summer...the heat is intense! Best to be done when it's not a scorcher of a day.

Found this trail while actually trying to look for another. Being a newbie, I just did out and back of about 3.1 miles solely on the paved road, never taking the steeper, longer dirt trail loop. I really liked it!!! Hot, with no shade in summer. Really glad I had water with me. Pretty isolated, which I like cuz I could enjoy the trail in solitude, but I think I would prefer this trail with a companion. Parking lot was moderately full, but saw noone on the trail except at the beginning and end.