Coyote Wall Loop Trail

Coyote Wall Loop Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near White Salmon, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Portland, just take i-84 east to Hood River, cross the bridge over to WA in Hood River, then head east 4.6 miles on highway 14 and the trailhead sign will be on your left.

It felt like the uphill battle wouldn't stop but the view from the top was worth it. Watch out for lots bikers along the way on weekends.

Great mid week hike! There were a few mountain bikes on the trail but then again it was spring break. I did see one dog and one man get tick bites. Please keep pets on leashes and I wouldn't recommend wearing shorts.

Ticks!! And mountain bikers with off leash dogs.

Really pretty view of the Oregon side and Mt Hood. Steady climb to the top, not nearly as difficult as dog mountain. Great trail for mountain bikers but not so great for hikers. I went in the middle of the week and was bombarded with bikers flying down the hill and around corners. The verbal leash worked with some of the bikers but most of their dogs would come socialize with my dog. The ticks are really bad this year and out early. My dog had three and he stayed within the trail and on a leash.

Absolutely beautiful, great views, strenuous hike but not crazy hard. Lots of mountain bikers almost running over hikers, most dogs not on leash. This place seems like it would be amazing in all seasons.

Really bad ass hike I recommend this hike to everyone go see for your self

Awesome hike on a fall day! Took our dog and he loved it as well. Lots of bikers so watch out! Pretty steady incline and then gets steep at the top but the views are so worth it!

not a lot of fun Mountain biking in October in the rain. Trails were rutted and muddy. Only wildlife were some birds. From a positive perspective, only saw one other biker and the views were nice. Would only recommend it if you are nearby and a few hours to spare.

This was a great hike that my friend and I did. She was not quite as into hiking as I so we took it very slow on the way up. The multitudes of trails made it fun to find the ones we wanted to hike up. We were one of two cars parked at the trailhead on a Tuesday midday so I would highly recommend going during the week as we did not see another person the entire time. The sun was pretty harsh so it may be advisable to bring lots of water, a hat and plenty of sunscreen. Judging by the trail conditions I would also say that mountain biking at this location would be a blast.

The trail has a steady incline and is a great workout. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The view was beautiful at the top and was nice to have a break from the sun with a well shaded, flat trail at the top as well.

Beautiful hike, spectacular views, not too difficult.

Not too bad. Beautiful views of Gorge and Mt Hood the higher you go. Would be better for mountain biking. Trail was mostly unmarked and lots of bike trails everywhere made it difficult to find the right way. No shade and lots of poison oak.

Windy, rainy hike with some beautiful views and terrain. Great uphill for a workout.