Coyote Wall Loop Trail

Coyote Wall Loop Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near White Salmon, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Portland, just take i-84 east to Hood River, cross the bridge over to WA in Hood River, then head east 4.6 miles on highway 14 and the trailhead sign will be on your left.

My wife and I completed the hike of the Coyote Wall Trail. Windy! It was a nice walking trail and although they rated this trail as difficult, it is fairly very easy. It looked more like a great biking trail than a hard hiking trail. Beautiful views of the Columbia River and some sweet microclimate of oak trees were well worth the walk. Yes, it is very windy and the weather can change on you in a second, as this happened to us. Sunny one minute and raining the next. Make sure you prepare for any weather( as you should always, living in Oregon). I would recommend this trail to everyone.

Great hike, late August so it was warm, not a lot of shade. This would be a great hike in the spring when there would be lots of wild flowers

Beautiful!

A great mountain biking spot with several fun trail options. I avoid it once summer sets in because there's no shade at all. You can ride here all through the winter though!

Almost stepped on two rattlers about two feet apart. be careful on this trail, boots and pants.

This is a great hike but will definitely wear you out. Great vistas. Be aware that it's brutal to do in the summer...the heat is intense! Best to be done when it's not a scorcher of a day.

Found this trail while actually trying to look for another. Being a newbie, I just did out and back of about 3.1 miles solely on the paved road, never taking the steeper, longer dirt trail loop. I really liked it!!! Hot, with no shade in summer. Really glad I had water with me. Pretty isolated, which I like cuz I could enjoy the trail in solitude, but I think I would prefer this trail with a companion. Parking lot was moderately full, but saw noone on the trail except at the beginning and end.

Open and exposed the whole hike, bring plenty of water and sunscreen. I enjoy open hikes get my tan on.

Best to go early spring. Saw osprey and a couple of hawks!

Beautiful views & flowers. Different flavor than a lot of the closer to Portland CRG trails. Not much shade along the way so be wary if it is a hot day. Teenager couldn't make the steeper part of the trail so we had to cut it short. Will be back.

Wonderful views. The wind along the cliff was pretty strong. There were very few people out there which made it nice and peaceful. I would definitely hike this again.

an amazing trail....lots of wild flowers and a few small streams.
please stay on trails as they are trying to restore.
take a hammock with you to hang on the small wooded area at the top view point.
great place to relax. it offers great views and not heavily populated.

Great Hike!! Beautiful

Please! This is tough terrain for dogs paws. My poor large breed dogs' paw pads were literally torn off 2 miles in. I have never had this happen to a dog of mine. He was in so much pain and still is 3 days later. Bring booties or bandages if you take your dog here. We are both traumatized by the experience. Other than that- awesome hike.

Loved this hike. Gorgeous scenery throughout the entire hike.

Bring plenty of water and maybe your trekking poles, this one is steep. Great views and big cliffs to terrify your girlfriend.

so beautiful and not crowded!

♥️

It's a late year for wildflowers - the bachelor buttons are out below but still in bud form further up. You can take several ways up and down. A little confusing to first timers, but with the open views, you really can't get lost. I would not rate this as difficult - definitely not as hard as Dog Mountain. Take the kids until they get tired and then head back. Bikers, dogs, hikers. All seem to do fine together in this spectacular hike. Locals know this hike as "The Syncline".

Great hike. I would take anyone on this hike and expect the view to amaze them. Not very difficult, but definitely freaky if you want to stand closer to the wall.