Coyote Wall Loop Trail

Coyote Wall Loop Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near White Salmon, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Portland, just take i-84 east to Hood River, cross the bridge over to WA in Hood River, then head east 4.6 miles on highway 14 and the trailhead sign will be on your left.

Almost stepped on two rattlers about two feet apart. be careful on this trail, boots and pants.

This is a great hike but will definitely wear you out. Great vistas. Be aware that it's brutal to do in the summer...the heat is intense! Best to be done when it's not a scorcher of a day.

Found this trail while actually trying to look for another. Being a newbie, I just did out and back of about 3.1 miles solely on the paved road, never taking the steeper, longer dirt trail loop. I really liked it!!! Hot, with no shade in summer. Really glad I had water with me. Pretty isolated, which I like cuz I could enjoy the trail in solitude, but I think I would prefer this trail with a companion. Parking lot was moderately full, but saw noone on the trail except at the beginning and end.

Open and exposed the whole hike, bring plenty of water and sunscreen. I enjoy open hikes get my tan on.

Best to go early spring. Saw osprey and a couple of hawks!

Beautiful views & flowers. Different flavor than a lot of the closer to Portland CRG trails. Not much shade along the way so be wary if it is a hot day. Teenager couldn't make the steeper part of the trail so we had to cut it short. Will be back.

Wonderful views. The wind along the cliff was pretty strong. There were very few people out there which made it nice and peaceful. I would definitely hike this again.