Covel Creek Falls and Angel Falls Trail

Covel Creek Falls and Angel Falls Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Randle, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.6 miles Elevation Gain: 964 feet Route Type: Out & Back

bridge out

Directions from Primary Forest Route 23: Travel south to Cispus Learning Center.

bridge out

Visited here 7/8/19. Parked across the street in the triangle that is the entrance to the learning center on the side of the road. Was hoping to do a 14 mile hike up to burley mountain fire lookout. I was unable to, due to all of the bridges being removed on covel creek, (did not feel like finding a safe spot to cross and then bushwacking on the other side back up to the trail, there is not much water in there right now) the trail down to the creek and other side of the trail from the picnic area was pretty steep. I did a small loop in the area. You can also reach angel falls loop and covel creek trail from forrest road 28, but I did not check it out as the bugs were pretty bad by the water in late morning. There is a washout area pretty close to the picnic area that was kinda sketch to cross. Most of the trails are unmarked, but I just tried to follow the creek. Otherwise the trail is really pretty and in good condition. I hiked a 1.4 mile loop in 38 mins with 203ft elevation gain. Also a beautiful area to explore looks like.

bridge out

Unfortunately this hike was a bit of a disappointment due to the bridges being down. We saw the signs about the bridges, however staff implied that this wasn’t a huge barrier to finishing the hike. It likely would have been feasible had I not had my toddler on my back, but this being the case we decided not to cross and therefore didn’t see any of the falls! I only wish that we had been given further guidance about the hike, and that someone could have informed us earlier that there is an alternate route to see the falls!

bridge out

This trail was fun, you can stand behind the waterfalls! Well maintained trail, moderate hike. Will come back for sure!

hiked this on news yrs day.. crossed the bridge we(bchw) built 5 yrs ago ..looks great.. saw the washed out bridges that have come to our attention..not sure when they will get addressed... loved the waterfalls .a decent work out for us long passed young adults..had some moments on the ice covered rocks, logs and trail footing..but really enjoyed this lowland hike in winter..

Very beautiful. Loved the waterfalls.

lovely trail with gorgeous trees, creek and waterfalls. loved it!

Great hike...good workout...decent elevation gain! The signage could be better!

This is one of my Favorite Hikes in WA (thus far)! I’ve hiked it 3 yrs in a row now, twice in April when the creek is running strong- which is beautiful- & once in early July when much of the creek is dried up. Angel Falls is simply breathtaking, esp. if you can carefully & safely climb up to the very base of the falls. Reviews are right-on about the steep switchbacks to reach the falls, if you take that particular route. But you can also come at them from the other way, which is also a very cool portion of the loop. The 2 bridges are indeed gone this year, but makeshift rocks, etc. are in place that make the crossings quite easy. Trekking poles came in very handy though!

Thursday, July 05, 2018

Beautiful scenery!!! The falls are great and the kids loved every bit of the hike. This is one I will do over and over again.

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Awesome hike! Very beautiful with lots of amazing views. Only gave 4stars due to lack of directions...got turned around and didn't get to complete the full hike. Definitely a hard hike, with lots of up hill but worth the gorgeous waterfalls.

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Switchbacks to Angel Falls were steep.... beautiful hike!

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Bridges are down so we were a little worried about making it to the falls, but we were able to make our way through anyhow. Several trail signs are down/missing but otherwise it’s a good hike. The falls are Beautiful!

Sunday, June 17, 2018

This hike is definitely not a loop. We followed the map for the hike and it took us in a crazy route. First of all the hike is not hard, moderate is more accurate. It is not well marked at all and very confusing to find the right trail, even for us avid hikers. The hike is well over double the elevation gain stated. I think we went about 1700 elevation gain. Lastly, the falls are great. There are many on this hike and the last big ones are amazing.

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Good hike, trail is very well maintained. The falls are a great reward and the rock outcropping are beautiful.

Monday, June 11, 2018

This was a decent short little hike to start off our morning. It's rated HARD, but for my husband and I it seemed easy and moderate at times. The trail is poorly marked and confusing so bring a map and/or gps.

Saturday, June 09, 2018

Loved it super gorgeous, rocks easy to climb up, we had lunch by it.

Monday, June 04, 2018

this was a beautiful trail, waterfalls were amazing. signs were terrible, make sure to bring a map or download this app cause you can easily get lost, we luckily screen shot directions from someone who previously took the trail and it got us through fine. Some incline and switchbacks right before the first waterfall, and a lot more before the 2nd waterfall. I'd give it 5 stars if it wasn't for being poorly marked.

Sunday, June 03, 2018

Trail is in good condition. Nice early morning hike.

Saturday, June 02, 2018

Good hike was over 5 miles lots of incline

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Trail is beautiful, incline after Covel Falls is where it becomes hard, but Angel Falls is totally worth the incline! Some trail signs are missing, but they are working on replacing them. Over all a great trail and the waterfalls are worth it!

Sunday, March 18, 2018

The falls were beautiful, trails were in good condition but poorly marked. A must see adventure. Recommend taking a picture of the trail so you can tell where you are at.

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Angel Falls sparse late August but rock wall a delight. Make sure you have trail info, lacking signage!which could cause problems.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Did this hike a few weeks ago with some friends. A lot of fun!

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Beautiful, fun hike!

Friday, July 14, 2017

Fun short hike to some cool looking falls. Bit of a steep ascent to get there but not awful.