Copper Creek Trail is a 3.3 mile out and back trail located near Hoodsport, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.3 miles Elevation Gain: 2,486 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great trail to hike!

This hike is more hard than moderate. A good climb all the way up. The track wasn’t too muddy which was great. Beautiful scenes along the way, all vegetation is looking so lush at the moment! We heard the waterfall during the hike which was lovely.

It’s a really beautiful hike, but a consistently steep climb! Lots of slick, loose dirt so wear good shoes. The top of the trail isn’t marked so it just kinda ends with no view. You can hear the waterfall the whole time so it’s super peaceful. Not an easy hike!

It was a gorgeous view the entire trip today. However, I would definitely rate this as hard. Thinking it was moderate, I packed the baby in his carrier per usual for easy to moderate hikes and a party of 4 average athleticism women to make this hike. It is unforgiving in the steepness and climb. We made it all the way to the top out of sheer stubbornness and perseverance but it was tough, especially carting my 8 month old. I’m proud to say we did it and it was the perfect day to go and it went as perfectly as it could. I do not recommend bringing children. He was an angel on me and loves hiking but that was rough lol

Trails were good. A couple downed trees to crawl over/under but not bad. Beautiful views of the forest the whole way. Could hear the creek pretty much throughout the hike but was only visible for the first half of the hike. View at top was visible through tree branches. Legs were jello by the time I got to the top. 5.3 mile hike took just under 3.5 hours. Stopped a handful of times on the way up to gain feeling back in the legs and to snap a few photos. Stopped at the top to enjoy the view and a sandwich. Would bring hiking poles next time.

Deinitely would reccomend this to anyone wanting to take their dog on a challenging trail. My bf and I took our purple nose pit, Rocco, and our lab pit mix, Bindi. Bindi absolutely loved it and was ahead of us most of the time but Rocco struggled with some of the rockier parts and we had to be careful he didn't slip or trip. We also saw a family of elk about 20min in. It is a beautiful hike.

Great hike in the snow! It was raining for the first section until we made our way past the mines. Then the snow started to get deep. It went from 1 foot to 2 feet deep from there to all the way around the ridge loop. The ridge was very windy at the south end (lowest point). We just used poles and micro spikes and managed fine. The trail is marked with red markers on the trees so it kept us on track without needing to check the gps which was nice.

Great trail to do during spring or summer. We enjoyed it; although, it is steep. My favorite part was the beginning with the bridges and greenery along the creek. Once at the top it was a nice view to stop and enjoy lunch. I encourage good ankle support as it was rocky and is steep.

Surprisingly beautiful, relentlessly steep, limited views, with plenty of 500+ yo trees all around. A NOS maintained trail to boot. Terminates at the saddle where right may actually form a lollipop and left is the mountaineers trail to Lightning Peak. Just in case you wanted something else besides Mt Rose.

This trail is definitely not Moderate. About 2000 Vertical feet elevation gain. Very strenuous. Beautiful forest, wildlife and fungi.

Great trail with exceptional scenery. Have been up some of the trail in the past but never ventured to the top. Creek is dry right now on the lower part which is a bummer because it is incredibly beautiful when it’s full and flowing. Trail is well groomed but narrow in some parts. It is a relentless climb with no plateaus. Your legs need to be prepared for the ascent and descent; it is steep. It is 3.2 miles each direction. Signage was a little confusing. You come to a sign that says “Trail Ends .1” with a trail to the left. That is not completion of Cooper Creek Trail. It literally means that little trail to the left ends in .1 mile. Continue to the right up to the Ridgeline Loop. You can go either way around Ridgeline Loop and end back at main trail. Now you’ve completed the Copper Creek Trail! My husband and I took our 7 and 12 year olds. Husband and 12 year old made it to Ridgeline Loop. 7 year old just couldn’t go any further and I stopped with him just before the top. All in all it was a great hike! An objective rating of this hike would be moderate to hard. Reasoning: Steep, unrelenting climb. Length is average, trail in good condition. For the person of average physical condition and an occasional hiker, this would be hard. My husband even said he thought this trail to be more difficult than lower part of Mount Ellinor due to steepness. He will use it to prepare for elk camp.

Mon Jun 10 2019

I wouldn't consider this trail hard and not moderate but very nice and super clean

Wed May 29 2019

Beautiful scenic hike as the trail follows Copper Creek at a steep incline. Bleeding Hearts as well as other flowers are beginning to bloom. Several people brought their dogs I brought my 11-year-old daughter :-). We followed two trails that bring you to old copper mine caverns. We really enjoyed this hike and are looking forward to exploring the area again later this summer with “the teenager”.

Mon May 27 2019

Steep incline beyond the creek. No real views but the scenery is incredible. Not sure about the woman who said this is “easy” - sounds to me like she’s bragging about her fitness as opposed to giving a true assessment of the trail. Enjoy!

Sun May 26 2019

This is a great hike. The first third follows cascading Copper Creek and then pulls away into the forest. The trail is well marked and well maintained while still being rugged. The approach to the ridge is beautiful with narrow views toward Cushman. The ridge is also narrow, offering limited views to the northwest.

Tue May 21 2019

This was a beautiful hike, especially the first half of it, like something out of the hobbit . However, according to our gps software, the hike is actually 3.2 one way, and is a pretty sustained incline the entire way. We did it thinking the total route was 3.2 just be prepared

Mon Apr 22 2019

Light rain today but enjoyed this hike nonetheless. Didn't expect views on a cloudy day so wasn't disappointed! Although not much distance, the steep grade makes for good exercise in a setting of lush green forest. Beautiful creek the first half. Stretched my legs out on Shady Lane trail after (starts across the road), a nice flat counterpoint to this one.

Mon Apr 22 2019

My sister and I hiked this today. It started out sunny this morning and the the clouds rolled in so we couldn't see anything. We didnt see hardly anyone on the way up. We did see a black bear though! No snow. It's a decent hike but not marked very well as far as signs go. comes up to a Y and we stayed right....not sure where the left takes you. when you go about 2 miles you'll come to a sign that says ridgeline loop...you can go to left or right and it will lead you right back to the main trail. This trail I would say is moderate, but in some areas I think it's pretty steep. pretty much straight on up...not very many plateaus. All in all it was beautiful...but not really any views at the top.

Mon Apr 15 2019

Make sure that if you’re going to hike this trail, you have a car that can withstand driving over a lot of deep potholes. If you do, it’s a great hike! It’s a bit chilly at the top, but the snow is melted. It’s steep, but doable. I highly suggest it!

Fri Mar 22 2019

The snow is gone and the water is flowing fast. Great hike with the family, not too hard I would have rated this hike easy.

Mon Mar 18 2019

Covered in snow after about 1/4 mile up, as deep as 3 feet deep by the top. The woods and creek are beautiful, but no real views to speak of. Suddenly you see a sign that says trail ends in .1. Then it just abruptly ends. Back down through the snow with no real payoff.

Thu Jan 17 2019

1.6 mile climb with little or no respite. Definitely a workout. Trail was in good condition, with little impact from recent storms.

Fri Jan 11 2019

I have to say there are not enough adjectives to describe the majesty of this trail. Allow enough time to just take it all in.

Sun Jan 06 2019

Beautiful greenery and good workout