Copper Creek Trail

Copper Creek Trail is a 3.3 mile out and back trail located near Montesano, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is an excellent hike if you like roaring streams, old-growth forests and don't mind some relentless grade. The great views are not panorama, but places to stop and look at a gorgeous roaring stream that is dropping over 2,300 feet in less than 2.5 miles. The forest and the stream are both unspoiled, and the payoff view is beautiful. My daughter and I walked the entire loop in about 4.5 hours and thoroughly enjoyed it (in January!). We only had short stretches with about 2" of snow. It's an absolute treasure.

Harder than it looks

Harder than it looks

Absolutely beautiful hike in the Olympics. A few creek crossing in the first .02 miles. After that it's up hill with switch backs to the top. Not recommended for kids under 10.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Pretty intense incline, there were a couple of cool caves to check out in the way up!

Sunday, September 04, 2016

gotta say, this one was my first WA hike. impressive, quite hike. real steep and not any problems. going down being on a serious incline was hard on the toes. it's true, 4 hrs and 30 min it took us. liked it that the wife and i went up again and brought my boys. well, needless to say, they kicked butt and breeze to it.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Up hill indeed. Great scenery the entire time. Wife and I did it in the rain and it was still awesome. Will head back again and cross the creek to explore the copper mine itself. Very fun and worth doing it over the lower and easier lake side hikes.

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Up hill the entire way great work out you get t gb e creek in your left for a nice portion before you begin to summit Lightning Peak relatively flat GO RIGHT glad we did there is a nasty grade to the left.

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Loved this hike. What a leg burner to a fabulous 360 degree view. I am new to the Gray's Harbour area and this is a close to home fabulous trail. I am really impressed. Trees, water, rocks, a great view .... a workout!
At 2400 ft. very good. If you can do Mount Si, this is easy, and again ..... pretty at the summit. I will venture out now and hike more in the area.

Monday, July 13, 2015

This was a great trail. I love steep terrains and this definitely gave my dogs and I a workout. The only reason I marked it as a 4 is because sometimes there wasn't a definitive trail to follow. I have an app that helps me keep track of my GPS trail though. Might I add this one was extremely beautiful?!

Thursday, June 04, 2015

Holy Shnikies!!! Someone hit the nail on the head when they wrote, simply, "Steep!" in the trail registration book. Unless your goal is to torture your glutes and quads for no significant pay-off, try another trail. This one is a great workout, but not much fun. However, should you get to the top of the ridge and find a black, Motorola Droid 4 in a rubberized case, please contact me through this web site.

Happy trails!

Friday, January 09, 2015

Amazing! No 360 view at the top, but the ridge was still sweet. Downhill was pretty gnarly, take your time.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The small portion of this trail I completed was amazing. It starts off at ~800' through thinly forested second growth spotted with old growth stumps then it climbs steadily and steeply to ~2500' along well maintained steps and bridges. This trail isn't on many maps yet, but this gorgeous hike along the North side of Copper Creek with it's massive boulders, fallen snags and raging waters is beautiful. Next time I plan to make the entire 3200' ascent, but it is certainly breathtaking, literally and figuratively!

Friday, July 15, 2016

6.73 miles in 4 1/2 hours. The only clear view is on the ridge line trail and it is of the backside of the mountain... gorgeous but I was really hoping for a unobstructed view of all around! it's a killer going up and down! but a good hike to test out your stamina!

Tuesday, November 08, 2016