Comet and Christine Falls

Comet and Christine Falls is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Rainier National Park, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from July until October.

From the Nisqually Entrance, 10.5 miles on Highway 706 to the Van Trump Park trailhead.

Amazing and Beautiful went yesterday 17JUN18 a few down trees but well maintained trail.. totally worth it!!

This was a good hike and doesn’t take too long if you’re looking for something on the shorter side later in the evening. The ascent will get the blood flowing but found the descent on the easy side. Ground is wet so be careful of slipping especially on roots. There was still a little snow on the upper sections of the path, not very long, nothing that would require special shoes, just slow your steps and be careful. The hike itself I rated a 4 but the waterfalls are gorgeous, would rate those higher. Comet was the best and is great to take video of.

It was a little more difficult than I thought it would be but totally worth it. The water falls are beautiful. My 13 and 10 year old sons complained a little but were proud of them selves when they finished.

Great trail! Highly recommend hiking it. Still quite a bit of snow up towards comet falls. Use caution folks and enjoy!

Great app

Steep trail with tricky footing. Take your time and you can make it. Recommend using poles and supportive shoes. A lot of work but really nice waterfalls at the end.

Beautiful trail!! Sooo worth trekking through the snow to get to comet falls, wouldn't recommend taking kids up while it's still really snowy. We took our five year old and he had to ride on our shoulders through the snow. We fell through the snow up to our hip a couple times on the way back down

Can't get to comet falls as of 5/18, but can get close! Fantastic trail regardless, worth it even without getting to comet for now.

was a great hike 10 + dangerous because the snow in the end but we was crazy and we made it to the falls be careful the snow

The first 1/3 of the trail was free of snow, and started to be covered by snow and muddy after passing the Christine Fall.

It was my first time doing this trail and it was pretty amazing. I got to the trailhead around 9am today (29April2018) and I never see anyone on the trail. The snow on the ground are easy to hike until you reach almost 1.5 miles out, then it gets deeper and steeper. I turned around due to low visibility (it got foggy). Will definitely going to do it again when some of the snow melts.

So much snow and only made it just over half the way. Unfortunately we were not prepared for how much snow and how deep it was! Or we would have continued on if we had some snow shoes. Definitely going to hike again at some point.

The hike is worth it. The falls are amazing.

Would not recommend as a winter hike past the first 1/2 mile. Followed footsteps about 3/4 of the way until they stopped. The second half of the hike is very exposed and on a mountainside dropping down to the river.

moderate hike. lots of switchbacks. you will climb up some smaller boulders. well maintained trail. definitely worth it. saw a goat which was pretty cool!

you took my picture....didnt get your name. South Carolina

Hard, rocky, good workout! Waterfalls are amazing. Worth it. We spent 3-4 hours there with lunch brake.

Gorgeous views and not very hard at all!

Favorite hike so far!

Good hike and beautiful falls. Pretty rocky trail but it's a good time.

It's a steep uphill climb most of the way to the falls and large sections of the trail are in full sun - but it's worth it.

This is a beautiful hike, multiple water falls and views of a river along the way. I went on a Tuesday so the traffic in the trail was very light. I must say this is the first hike I have done in a while, it was definitely a moderately difficulty hike, with areas of rocky incline.
The trail ends a little ways from Comet Falls, the real spectacle. however if you have the ability you can maneuver on down using rocks and ledges to get right under the water fall. It is worth it to go the last bit to feel the ice cold water after the hike. This hike should be on everyone's list.

Beautiful

Great trail! I totally under estimated the elevation of this trail! But it was a great workout and very beautiful!

my fav yet!! challenging but so worth it

parking can be inconvenient, but well worth the wait. excellent hike.

A casual beginning should not fool you as the next 1.5 miles will be challenging with a rocky trailer all the way to the falls. There is a fair amount of exposure to sun so be prepared. The view of the falls is totally worth the effort. Make a point to go to the base of the falls. It is worth the final few steps.
We hiked this on a day where the temp at 2:00 was 85f.
It was a hot day.

It is difficult! But totally worthwhile once you get to the top.

A little rough but worth the effort.