Colchuck Lake Trail

Colchuck Lake Trail is a 8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Day hike to Colchuck lake or Lake Stuart. Trail continues past Colchuck up Asgard pass to the Enchantment lakes.

pretty dang long but so insanely rewarding- the water at the top is unreal and there's nothing better than taking a dip and eating lunch after the long hot trek up!

This is best hike we have done so far and it is so gorgeous and blue. I would recommend this hike to anyone. It is a bit tough, and we wanted to give up a couple times, but the view is so worth it at the end. We didn't come prepared with food, so definitely pack a lunch for your travels. We will definitely go back to this one, for sure. Maybe even try Lake Stuart or backpacking in and staying one night then continue to the Enchantment Lakes.

Got to the trailhead at 8am the parking lot was packed but I was pleasantly surprised to not have heavy traffic on the trail. Kept to myself for most of it. Took two hours to reach the lake. It was quite a trek but the payoff was well worth it! Gorgeous turquoise alpine lake. Perfect rock to jump off into! Would definitely come back!

Hike kicked my butt on the way up! Especially the last few miles but the view was totally worth it. We got to the trailhead at 8am on a Saturday.... we were lucky that there was only a handful of people up there when we were. But on the way down there was TONS of people coming up and about 1 mile of parked cars along side the road! So the earlier you get there the better.

Excellent, largely dry trail conditions. WTA teams out working today. Bugs were not out in force, but bug spray advised if you don't want to get nibbled on during the trip. Most elevation gain is in the second half of the hike. Lovely lake scenery. Start early to avoid the crowds. We departed the parking lot at 07:22 and returned at 11:55 (4.5 hrs) with approximately 25 minutes of rest and scenery gazing. Faster than average hikers who usually compete hikes 30 minutes ahead of rated time.

Hiked on 7/12, in the PM (starting right about noon). As others have pointed out, parking at the trailhead is very limited and always full. The earlier or later you start your hike, the better.

It's a gorgeous (and challenging) hike with lots to offer - small waterfalls, river crossings, scenic overlooks, and don't forget, the jawdropping Colchuck Lake. I've completed ~12 different hikes this summer and found this to be the most challenging yet (took ~4 hours). If you're a beginner, you may want to plan an entire day to complete.

I've seen a few comments saying that the trail gets very crowded/busy. I hiked on a Saturday and would disagree with those comments. Though parking was tough, I didn't have any problem with crowding during the hike (or at the lake). There are a few different trails here and the hikes are quite longer, so people can easily spread out.

I reapplied bug spray a few times during the hike and therefore didn't have any problems with bugs.

Great Hike. Rewarding at the top.

Hard hike if you are a beginner like me. Just go at your pace and you will make it. View is totally worth the effort. You will be sore for next few days(beginners)

Speaking as a Californian, this was the most amazing hike I've ever done ! River crossings, waterfalls, crystal clear glacier water on a majestic lake. I'm still in awe. definitely start early, as it is shaded most of the way in the morning (we started at 8 am, by the afternoon, the sun was in full force on the trail..the late starters we were passing on the way down were struggling with the heat). NOT a hike for beginners.

some of the most amazing views I have ever seen.

SO MANY PEOPLE!!! Beautiful but hard if you are a beginner. finally got to the lake and there was no place to get in because there were people everywhere. If you enjoy the peace and solitude of the wilderness then this is not the hike for you.

Omg was worth it