Colchuck Lake Trail

Colchuck Lake Trail is a 8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Day hike to Colchuck lake or Lake Stuart. Trail continues past Colchuck up Asgard pass to the Enchantment lakes.

Excellent, largely dry trail conditions. WTA teams out working today. Bugs were not out in force, but bug spray advised if you don't want to get nibbled on during the trip. Most elevation gain is in the second half of the hike. Lovely lake scenery. Start early to avoid the crowds. We departed the parking lot at 07:22 and returned at 11:55 (4.5 hrs) with approximately 25 minutes of rest and scenery gazing. Faster than average hikers who usually compete hikes 30 minutes ahead of rated time.

Hiked on 7/12, in the PM (starting right about noon). As others have pointed out, parking at the trailhead is very limited and always full. The earlier or later you start your hike, the better.

It's a gorgeous (and challenging) hike with lots to offer - small waterfalls, river crossings, scenic overlooks, and don't forget, the jawdropping Colchuck Lake. I've completed ~12 different hikes this summer and found this to be the most challenging yet (took ~4 hours). If you're a beginner, you may want to plan an entire day to complete.

I've seen a few comments saying that the trail gets very crowded/busy. I hiked on a Saturday and would disagree with those comments. Though parking was tough, I didn't have any problem with crowding during the hike (or at the lake). There are a few different trails here and the hikes are quite longer, so people can easily spread out.

I reapplied bug spray a few times during the hike and therefore didn't have any problems with bugs.

Great Hike. Rewarding at the top.

Hard hike if you are a beginner like me. Just go at your pace and you will make it. View is totally worth the effort. You will be sore for next few days(beginners)

Speaking as a Californian, this was the most amazing hike I've ever done ! River crossings, waterfalls, crystal clear glacier water on a majestic lake. I'm still in awe. definitely start early, as it is shaded most of the way in the morning (we started at 8 am, by the afternoon, the sun was in full force on the trail..the late starters we were passing on the way down were struggling with the heat). NOT a hike for beginners.

some of the most amazing views I have ever seen.

SO MANY PEOPLE!!! Beautiful but hard if you are a beginner. finally got to the lake and there was no place to get in because there were people everywhere. If you enjoy the peace and solitude of the wilderness then this is not the hike for you.

Omg was worth it

Definitely was a strenuous hike but the lake is so beautiful, it was worth it. Watch out for the bugs!

First thing off the bat I would suggest is getting to the trail head at or before 6:30am for good parking and a fresh hike up to the Lake just in time for the warm weather when you reach Colchuck Lake.

If you continue the trail all the way (were you are by all the rocks and right on the lake) there are some great spots to swim and jump off boulders. We hung out and climbed up the boulders for great photos.

*Bring Your Big Spay!

Overall a beautiful hike and mostly under the trees. I would definitely do this hike again and recommend it to anyone!

The time on the tracker and mileage was keep on throughout the whole day as we moved about and stopped.

Started the hike at 730 am and got to Colchuck Lake a little before 10 am. The lake is beautiful aquamarine color, clear and refreshing. We had lunch and swam for about an hour debating if we should hike up Aasgard Pass (we didn't). The water was cold but not freezing cold. It was a great reward at the end of a long hike. My GPS tracker showed 4.7 (9.4 miles RT) from the Stuart Lake/Colchuck Lake trailhead.

at 730am the lot was already full. We had to park about a quarter mile down, but when we got back to the trailhead at 1:30pm, cars were parked over a mile from the trailhead.

Bugs didn't bother us much in the morning, but when we we're hiking back, they were out! Bring bug spray!

Beautiful hike! I wanna come back to do the whole Enchantment trail....next time :)