Coal Creek Falls Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Coal Creek, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I’ve actually hiked this trail before with my niece, but didn’t record it. I’m glad I stumbled back on it because I could not remember how to get to the trail head. On the rare occasion when I hike alone, I search for medium to heavy trafficked trails. What I love about this trail is that even at 9:00am on a Saturday, the parking lot has a good number of cars. And while the hike is surrounded by lush forests, on ave. I come across people every 5 min. I will be hiking this trail for years to come.

I love that the trail is actually In Bellevue; close enough for a last minute hike or run.

It was a very enjoyable hike. I wish it was just a little better marked on where to start, but this apps trail GPS worked great.
Only down side was that the falls are pretty dry right now, but an enjoyable little climb for some adventure.
It’s down hill most of the way there, then up hill on the way back.
The ONLY way back is the way you come on the trail. Taking one of the other paths leads you off on a totally different hike.
Had a lot of fun with the family and can’t wait to take them out in the spring.

We turned around and skipped hike after I got scared away with the cougar in the area posting and then the watch out for bear posting.

This trail is kinda hard to find at first I followed the old man trail and get following the signs and eventually found it seems like all the main trails connect at some point. There are a few old mines along the way I counted about 5. You know when you are near because they post warning danger signs. This area used to be part of the Nike Missile military base, the history is on the kiosk at the start of the trail right off the parking lot.
Anyway it was a beautiful hike down to the Coal Creek falls, but there was no falls because it’s the summer months, I may come back in the fall and see if it’s a rushing fall. It was pretty easy to hike overall.

It was easy but it was beautiful by the falls. It gets better once your are off the gravel path.

should be listed as a 'easy' trail. Gorgeous waterfall. Go early. Lots of afternoon activity.

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Nice, short, mostly easy trail with a beautiful waterfall at the "end" of it as a nice payoff. Go on a rainy day if you want to see a bigger waterfall. During dry weather, it's barely a trickle.

recorded Coal Creek Falls Trail