Clark's Creek Trail

Clark's Creek Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Puyallup, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

Please note this trail is not well marked and crosses several other trails in the same park. Please use map and GPS along journey to avoid getting lost.

This is a very nice trail, except it's easy to get lost. I would not consider it easy with all of the steep hills. I did love it, except not knowing what direction to go.

Not sure I would call this an easy trail. It does have some long conservative inclines. Overall not bad, but if you're just starting out it might not be for you.

Good trails to walk dog after work. nice dog park too for some off leash time. recommend following app...no trails are marked.. so we found ourselves doing a couple loops.

Lower trails are nice and flat, appropriate for any age. There are several offshoots to hike in the upper trails. Nothing is marked, so I would suggest following the app. We spent hours exploring the area.

A nice park to explore while walking the dog.

More of an out and about explore, not a marked one. Beautiful little area! There are nettles along the trails so do keep an eye out.

It’s a good idea to download the trail before you go. Trail isn’t marked and even with a map I continuously went down the wrong path. As my phone battery got weaker I got more and more worried! You can easily go miles out of your way.

The main trails are well travelled, however if you take a offshoot trail you might end up down a path you really don’t want to go down. Trail could use some trail markers for sure, there are spots where there is mud and the bugs are pretty intense

wish main trail was mark, we got turned around and ended up on a detour far away from the loop. to many detour trails to have kids with.

This was my first hiking experience. I enjoyed it very much! Some of the areas are a little steep and muddy! I could go here any day!

What a gem of trails in the forest! I’ve explored some of the lower trails leading to a bridge and by the fish hatchery in the past years.
After getting a fit bit and wanting to add more steps to my day I decided to take advantage of this wonderful park just outside my home within walking distance. Just this last week I ventured up further into the park off the main trail onto many smaller, steeper trails; one hike 3.8 miles and today 5.4! I must say it’s easy to get lost —but used my GPS maps to guide myself back to the main trail. If you go to explore, start early in the day, bring water, fully charged phone with this app or use your gps on maps and have fun!

I’ve always done the flat trail from Clark’s Creek to Decoursey Park, circling the lake and heading back. Easy Peasy and was sort of what we had planned to do. Until I saw another trail head further down the parking lot. Let’s start here I said!!! Ha ha, the trail is completely unmarked, little did we know we would soon be hitting so many possible directions to go... some lead to dead ends, many with steep terrain, because of the rain there was a lot of mud, fallen logs..... where the heck are we???? Oh my Gosh! Today the weather was bi - polar, the best part was the torrential rains and one of us being dressed unprepared. It was absolutely fantastic! I cannot wait to do it again and soon!! Even though we only passed like 5 people during the first 2.5 mi trek, it felt very safe and it is very clean. It was a great “longer than expected” journey of “where the heck are we” and even if we were so tired when we finally reached the ballpark (unfortunately we did not make it for the Decoursey walk around the pond across the road) we had a blast. Next time we will bring trekking poles, wait for a sunny day and bring water. When we finally got back to our vehicle my Fitbit said we did 5.1 mi. It was a wonderful find, a true gem and gets your heart pumping!

Very beautiful trail but since it branches so often I strongly suggest someone install trail markers and a map at the parking lot. I got magnificently lost.

Mountain bikers would love the side trails

This was a beautiful hike/walk. Lots of small trails off the main trail. I got lost for a second trying to get back to the main trail but found my way back. I followed the trail map from here most of the way as not to end up on a different trail. All in all a great place to visit and i plan to go back again.

Very few people here because of the light snow flurry coming down and the cold temperature. A nice quick quiet walk on the gravel path on the way home from doing errands.

Great little network of trails!

Excellent, just a little slippery after a rain.

I only hiked the north end of the park. Because the trail isn't marked at all and there's no view out to see where you are, one could easily get off on the many side tracks. I had to carefully note things at junctions in order not to get sidetracked on the way back. There is a large parking area, picnic tables and a grass play area with bathrooms and trash bins nearby. There is a dog park to the north of the parking area accessed by 12th. In the wet season, I imagine the trails will be slick and running with water. This is a good park if you just want to get your boots in the dirt on a dry day and you happen to be nearby.

Not bike or stroller friendly

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Great paths for different terrain and views. Royal, our GSD loves it and all the water. Beautiful!

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Was not expecting this gem

Thursday, June 22, 2017

If you don't know this park it is extremely easy to take an offshoot that is not the main trail due to no trail markers at all. The main trail itself is decently maintained until the upper part of the loop where the brush badly needs to be cut back. Use the All Trails app with the map and you'll be just fine.

Monday, June 12, 2017

Nicely maintained trails but no map or signs on trails. After an hour of wandering around with kids we left to try somewhere different.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Excellent.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

run little run with the dogs. lots of friendly people. dog park part was okay.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Some good single track trails , short steep hills. Nice city park

Monday, March 13, 2017

pretty wet,but to be expected. nothing is marked.

Monday, March 06, 2017

It is a nice trail but nothing is marked and there are several different paths. If you are directionally challenged like me it is a bit confusing. The nature is beautiful tons of trees. The trail is rather muddy so I would suggest water proof shoes and a change of clothes if you have small children like me.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

I went a few times once in the summer and another time in the winter. It's much more fun in the summer and when you go off the paved trail into the wooded area.

Saturday, February 18, 2017

I went in feb/2017 and the ground was still wet in some places but for the most park it was amazing not big hills a lot of flat and there was a dog area enclosed gate for them to run around