Clara Lake and Marion Lake

Clara Lake and Marion Lake is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Wenatchee, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and bird watching and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.9 miles Elevation Gain: 961 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Micro-spikes or snowshoes recommended! Trail is completely covered in snow. Lakes are frozen. Larches are turning!

The first 15 minutes are tight. After that, it is gentle until the pond. It is better not to go deep in the pond. This is the road without a road.

It’s always a good short hike just minutes out the f town. Bring Deer spray with you.

Excellent Hike! Steep incline 80% of the way up. Woodsy, Shady, 2 lakes & meadows at the top. Our mid-August 6pm ascent brought tenacious mosquitos our way that even bit through our leggings and workout jackets, so spray repellent ontop of clothes too. Overall, great hike to revisit.

This is a nice short hike to two tiny lakes. The trail is cleared, no blown down trees. It is pretty much uphill going in, not terribly steep but it got my pulse up enough. There are a few more level areas but they are short lived. There are lupine, paintbrush, lilies, forget-me-nots and some cute yellow daisy-like flowers still blooming. Not a profuse show by any means. There are no big creeks to cross, just one tiny brook with a nice short bridge maybe 4 feet long. The trail is easy to see. There are some side trails, too. There were a few bugs, not bad, probably because it was a little cooler and breezy today. Only saw one other person on the trail. There are lots of rocks here and there. The trail is dry...no mud. You go through forest the whole way, no wide open views of anything except the lakes. We were in and out in 2.5 hours but we were hiking at a slow pace.

Lovely hike through forested area. Lots of rocks in the trail at some areas so be sure to wear hiking boots. There was a trail bike race but it was easy to move over as bikers descended. Plus, they were appreciative and courteous. I’ve read many comments about the mosquito issue. We are from the Midwest Mississippi River valley and did not find the pests to be an issue comparatively. Some wildflowers were still in bloom! The lakes are wonderful spots to stop and have lunch.

Great hike, one of my local favorites- but I definitely would consider it to be on the easier side of “moderate”... if moderate at all. If you’re a regular hiker looking for a challenge, this isn’t it. However this hike is absolutely beautiful! Clara lake is crystal clear and incredible. I arrived at the trailhead around 8:45AM and didn’t have any issues with mosquitoes.

Great hike. It’s steep at times but the up and down makes it very doable. I went with my oldest daughter and carried my 15 month old in a pack. The lakes are crystal clear and makes the hike worth it! Beautiful flowers are out right now and not sure if it was just the time of day but we didn’t have many problems with mosquitoes. There were a couple of areas where I noticed them but mostly in the wetter more shaded areas. The trail is well maintained and the trailhead is easy to find.

Great hike, awesome views but bring bug spray...the mosquitoes were thick!

Trail is in great shape. Mosquitoes were awful. Even covered in bug spray they were awful.

Beautiful day for a hike. Temperatures were 20 degrees cooler than in town. Trails are well maintained, but make sure you a drenched in bug repellent. The MOSQUITOES were AWFUL!

This is a great trail! Well maintained and only a little muddy in a couple spots. It has some great elevation gain right from the beginning but definitely not too difficult. The lakes are beautiful and my lab loved swimming in both of them! No bugs and no snakes! Also trail is mostly shaded so it wasn’t too hot either!

nice hike but I wouldnt have my 2 yr old or my mom go with...pretty step for them.

Nice hike, great weather! Just a little muddy, still some snow on the trail but not too bad. Lake Clara is a beautiful turquoise!

Definitely family friendly. The lakes are pretty and the hike is not difficult. It isn't a stunning hike like the lower enchantments, but if you want a quick jaunt to some nice lakes, it's a good way to go. People need to keep their dogs leashed, though. I don't care how "nice" your dog is. It needs to be on a leash when you're on a public trail. An otherwise pleasant hike was ruined by an irresponsible dog owner whose dog advanced and chomped on my sister's dog before she could jerk her away. There were a lot of off leash dogs on this trail so if you take your dog, be aware.

went in 2018 with a bunch if friends. it was very nice and there was a couple of spots where you can camp. -1 star because we saw bear or moose shit near the camp site...

Monday, October 15, 2018

If you're looking for a close to town, family friendly hike that displays beautiful fall colors, this is the hike to do! The Larch trees are bright yellow and the lakes (although low on water) are still blue/green and beginning to freeze over. I would definitely recommend doing this hike soon before the Larch drop their needles and snow covers the trail.

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Our car was broken into while we were on the trail. We had nothing valuable in the car and they got nothing out of it but bad karma on themselves. There were also swarms of bees in the parking area that stung someone in our group. No mosquitoes on our hike on a warm dry summer afternoon. Pleasant hike, steep for the most part and moderated towards the end. The lake was small by the standards in the region but still beautiful and serene.

Monday, August 27, 2018

This is by far my favorite local hike for families. The road up to the trail head is well maintained, and the trail head is easy to find with plenty of parking. There are no restrooms, however. The trail starts out reasonably steep, but manageable for most age groups. The trail is wide, and there are no steep drop offs along the way that worry me with a 3 year old. The trail is lovely, and peaceful. Lakes Clara and Marion are beautiful. The trail is shaded for a lot of the hike, but it can still get quite warm in the middle of the day, so we prefer to go early. The mosquitos are thick, and you will absolutely need a good bug spray- no exceptions.

Sunday, August 12, 2018

It had steep trails and was primarily shaded. The steep hike was worth it once we reached the lakes.

Friday, July 13, 2018

Fantastic and steep trail. Was a quick run. Highlight was definitely jumping in the lake as a reward!

Saturday, July 07, 2018

honestly I give this hike a 5 star rating. I do agree that it ducks about the mosquitoes but it's nature! what do you expect? easy hike for anyone no matter the hiking experience in my opinion. beautiful view of the lakes. I went about two weeks ago on the 24th and the weather was just perfect. definitely recommend this if you want a nice easy hike. Little steep at the beginning but it does get a bit better.

Monday, July 02, 2018

I took my daughter and two of her friends (inexperienced backpackers) as well as two dogs. The hike in was very nice. The lake(s) are very beautiful. The campsite is nice as it overlooks the lake. We say a couple of people on day hikes, but otherwise we had the run of the place. I can't say enough how thick the mosquitoes were. They did go away after the sun went down, but otherwise they were thick and aggressive. Sometimes I would get a mouth full of them. I found myself covered in spray as well as layered up with anything that covered skin. I would give it 5 stars but for the bugs.

Monday, July 02, 2018

We were in and out in 2 hours. Pretty steep going up. Nice view at the lakes. Major down side... the mosquitoes!

Thursday, June 28, 2018