Clara and Marion Lakes Trail

Clara and Marion Lakes Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wenatchee, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3 minutes ago

Easy to get to and clear signage on the trail. The first mile is fairly steep with switchbacks but the trail is clear of debris and shaded by tall conifers. Both lakes are full and beautiful in color (take bug spray!). A good summer hike but I definitely want to go again during the fall while the larches are changing. Lots of people were camping, fishing, and day hiking with or without children and dogs. A good family hike!

Was a fun hike and very refreshing when you get to the lake. Beautiful!

Lake cara is bigger than lake Marion. Camped out for a day with about 8 other friends. If you’re planning on camping out make sure to take a blanket and a sleeping bag. Around this time it’s quite cold at night and the wind is a bit nippy. We did leave a bunch of gathered wood next to the campfire rocks on the northeast side of the lake.

Awesome hike, beautiful lake Clara makes the hike worth it. Perfect weather with light rain. Very popular trail, expect to see several people along the way.

good trail hike

Still some patches of ice and snow. Pretty steep hike most of the way. Took about two hours. Lake is beautiful.

went snowshoeing there today. was a great short trail with a good climb. it was pretty foggy so views weren't the greatest but I'd love to do it again. the trail was easy to follow and seems to get steady traffic

Love this hike for a quick one. Done in about 2 hours.

Great hike!

Very steep. Worth the beautiful lake

Very steep. Worth the beautiful lake

Had a lot of fun!

great little hike my toddler enjoyed it! just remeber to take the bug spray!

Beautiful hike with great wild flowers and a cute lake. Mosquitos were terrible but it was worth it :)

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Beautiful hike, so many amazing views. Bug spray absolutely needed.

Monday, May 29, 2017

excellent trail. a bit of snow still.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

It's a beautiful trail. I would wait to go until July next time. The snow that is still there in May made it a little bit difficult to hike but not impossible.

Friday, August 26, 2016

Such a beautiful hike. Easy to get to, and when you get to the lake it's so peaceful and quiet. I would definitely go back.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

we make this hike a couple times a year in the spring and fall. 3/4 of a mile of steep trail followed by 3/4 mile of semi steep trails. My son has hiked it since he was 4 so its not difficult. well maintained trail with Clara being a beutiful lake and Marion beyond being more swampy. Bring mosquito repellent and a pocket parka since sudden rain is common.

Monday, August 15, 2016

We ( husband and 6-1/2 year old ) completed this hike for the first time a few days ago, it was a great family hike for us, approximately 3 to 3-1/2 mile hike with wild flowers to enjoy along the way. Hike was a bit steep and mostly uphill but very manageable for all of us.

We found a pond of water and thought it was Clara Lake, but found the real Clara Lake down the trail a bit more, so don't fret when you first find the pond :)

Saturday, August 13, 2016

This hike was quite lovely, my dog and I very much enjoyed it. Met a chick my age up toward the top with her dog as well and we ended up finishing the trail together while our dogs ran free and enjoyed eachothers company. The lake was pristine and great in color. I will be coming back for sure.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Excellent hike. Consistently steep but not overly strenuous on the way to Marion Lake. Clara lake is nice, but not as much as the Marion.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Nice! Steep at first, but beautiful up top. A little buggy in parts. Lots of late season wild flowers.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Good hike.

Monday, June 20, 2016

good hike, lake Clara is nice.

Monday, October 26, 2015

It was great for a fall hike!

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Easy trail access without use permit. We were looking for Clara Lake, but only saw trail sign for Marion Lake. We went the opposite way and ended up on a road near Beehive. It added a couple of miles to the hike, but went back and did find Clara Lake which was pretty enough. Some loose shale, but nothing horrible.

Monday, September 21, 2015

It was a great get away for a couple of hours! We plan to do it again.

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

This is the perfect day hike! The trail winds up through beautiful old pine trees and the lake itself is clear and pretty. My boyfriend and I took our time hiking, ate lunch and relaxed by the lake, and got back down to the bottom all in about 4 hours. It's great for all ages, is dog and horse friendly, and is great anytime of year. We hiked this month (September) and the weather was cool and refreshing. Will definitely be hiking up here again!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Beautiful hike for a summer morning - we will be back! A little steep in places but nothing a 40 year old and 60 year old in average shape couldn't handle. If you aren't sure footed I'd recommend a walking stick to maintain your balance. Signage was adequate and trail was well maintained. Lots of bird song and pretty wild flowers on the way up. The lakes may be small, but they are stunning. We are absolutely looking forward to returning for our first backpacking overnight adventure!

We had the trail and the lakes to ourselves for the first half of the hike; however, the area became more populated after noon (we encountered four other groups total). We were disappointed to run into (2) separate couples who were hiking with their dogs off leash on the way down. I am a dog lover and had my beagle leashed by my side for the entire hike. I am concerned that trails like this will become closed to dogs if people continue to disregard the leash requirements. Even if you are able to maintain voice control of your dog - please don't blow it for the rest of us who haven't been able to achieve similar success. I can't imagine a hike without my best four legged pal.

Directions: Park in the Mission Ridge parking lot. Trailhead is posted. When you reach the junction with the pipeline trail, follow the directions on the next posted sign and continue forward. Near the top of the climb you will find a wood sign posted on a tree labeled "Squilchuck Trail 1200". The sign directs you left to Lake Marion or right to Liberty & Beehive Rd. Take the left to Lake Marion. Shortly you will come to a swampy marsh area - keep going, Clara Lake is just ahead and Lake Marion is not too much farther beyond.