Clara and Marion Lakes Trail

Clara and Marion Lakes Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wenatchee, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It had steep trails and was primarily shaded. The steep hike was worth it once we reached the lakes.

Fantastic and steep trail. Was a quick run. Highlight was definitely jumping in the lake as a reward!

honestly I give this hike a 5 star rating. I do agree that it ducks about the mosquitoes but it's nature! what do you expect? easy hike for anyone no matter the hiking experience in my opinion. beautiful view of the lakes. I went about two weeks ago on the 24th and the weather was just perfect. definitely recommend this if you want a nice easy hike. Little steep at the beginning but it does get a bit better.

I took my daughter and two of her friends (inexperienced backpackers) as well as two dogs. The hike in was very nice. The lake(s) are very beautiful. The campsite is nice as it overlooks the lake. We say a couple of people on day hikes, but otherwise we had the run of the place. I can't say enough how thick the mosquitoes were. They did go away after the sun went down, but otherwise they were thick and aggressive. Sometimes I would get a mouth full of them. I found myself covered in spray as well as layered up with anything that covered skin. I would give it 5 stars but for the bugs.

We were in and out in 2 hours. Pretty steep going up. Nice view at the lakes. Major down side... the mosquitoes!

Take BUG SPRAY!!

Hard hike, but worth the trip. Lakes are crystal clear! Don’t forget you bug spray, mosquitoes were thick!

Easy to get to and clear signage on the trail. The first mile is fairly steep with switchbacks but the trail is clear of debris and shaded by tall conifers. Both lakes are full and beautiful in color (take bug spray!). A good summer hike but I definitely want to go again during the fall while the larches are changing. Lots of people were camping, fishing, and day hiking with or without children and dogs. A good family hike!

Was a fun hike and very refreshing when you get to the lake. Beautiful!

Lake cara is bigger than lake Marion. Camped out for a day with about 8 other friends. If you’re planning on camping out make sure to take a blanket and a sleeping bag. Around this time it’s quite cold at night and the wind is a bit nippy. We did leave a bunch of gathered wood next to the campfire rocks on the northeast side of the lake.

Awesome hike, beautiful lake Clara makes the hike worth it. Perfect weather with light rain. Very popular trail, expect to see several people along the way.

good trail hike

Still some patches of ice and snow. Pretty steep hike most of the way. Took about two hours. Lake is beautiful.

went snowshoeing there today. was a great short trail with a good climb. it was pretty foggy so views weren't the greatest but I'd love to do it again. the trail was easy to follow and seems to get steady traffic

Love this hike for a quick one. Done in about 2 hours.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Very steep. Worth the beautiful lake

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Had a lot of fun!

Monday, July 17, 2017

great little hike my toddler enjoyed it! just remeber to take the bug spray!

Friday, July 07, 2017

Beautiful hike with great wild flowers and a cute lake. Mosquitos were terrible but it was worth it :)

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Beautiful hike, so many amazing views. Bug spray absolutely needed.

Monday, May 29, 2017

excellent trail. a bit of snow still.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

It's a beautiful trail. I would wait to go until July next time. The snow that is still there in May made it a little bit difficult to hike but not impossible.

Friday, August 26, 2016

Such a beautiful hike. Easy to get to, and when you get to the lake it's so peaceful and quiet. I would definitely go back.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

we make this hike a couple times a year in the spring and fall. 3/4 of a mile of steep trail followed by 3/4 mile of semi steep trails. My son has hiked it since he was 4 so its not difficult. well maintained trail with Clara being a beutiful lake and Marion beyond being more swampy. Bring mosquito repellent and a pocket parka since sudden rain is common.

Monday, August 15, 2016

We ( husband and 6-1/2 year old ) completed this hike for the first time a few days ago, it was a great family hike for us, approximately 3 to 3-1/2 mile hike with wild flowers to enjoy along the way. Hike was a bit steep and mostly uphill but very manageable for all of us.

We found a pond of water and thought it was Clara Lake, but found the real Clara Lake down the trail a bit more, so don't fret when you first find the pond :)

Saturday, August 13, 2016

This hike was quite lovely, my dog and I very much enjoyed it. Met a chick my age up toward the top with her dog as well and we ended up finishing the trail together while our dogs ran free and enjoyed eachothers company. The lake was pristine and great in color. I will be coming back for sure.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Excellent hike. Consistently steep but not overly strenuous on the way to Marion Lake. Clara lake is nice, but not as much as the Marion.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Nice! Steep at first, but beautiful up top. A little buggy in parts. Lots of late season wild flowers.