Church Creek - Satsop Lakes Trail is a 4.9 mile out and back trail located near Grisdale, Washington and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until September.

I missed the cutoff on the road to the Church Creek trailhead as it was an unmarked intersection. Once I realized that I missed it and was able to get back on track to the trailhead. The trail is a medium rated trail and that is appropriate. The trail wilds up for 2+ miles before descending for 2+ miles. One way to the lake is almost 5 miles. The Park Service has done a good job of cutting fallen trees on the path as it is easy to navigate past/under 5 or 6 fallen trees along the way. There is a wonderful grove of huge Douglas Firs at the beginning and another grove of large Doug Firs, Western Red Cedars and Hemlocks on the way down to the lake. The lake is small but a good resting place for the 1/2 point. This is an excellent hike with few people on the trail. There was a slight breeze by the lake and there were no mosquitos or flies. August was a perfect time to visit - well worth the hike.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

The trail head is not marked but once on the trail there is a wooden sign reading Satsop Lake so I knew I was on the correct trail. Primitive trail winds around the lake then keeps climbing. Lots of blow down and the trail gets lost a few times. Beautiful weather for our hike and we saw not one person driving up or hiking. By the time we got to top and realized we still had to decend down the other side to reach the end, we turned back.
So not sure what is at the end of the trail but not much view from top, to many trees.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Awesome trail. Great condition and best views ever

Sunday, September 04, 2016