Chiwaukum Creek Trail

Chiwaukum Creek Trail is a 7.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

For this section of the trail, it's in great condition and there are nice stops near the Creek for breaks. Not much to see though. My father and I continued past where this trail ends and into Chiwaukum lake. For the last two miles the trail is in horrible condition and was incredibly difficult dealing with the brush with the steep trail with full packs on.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Peaceful, no other hikers. All the trees were burned 4 miles in. Depressing. We gave up returned. Saw a rattlesnake

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

First time on this one. Trail is in great condition to my turnaround at the horse ford/foot log. My hiking partner and I both agreed that the foot log crossing was more than we bargained for. Nice wildflowers and raging creek. My GPS measured it at just shy of 12 out and back. Good family hike.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013

trail is moderately scenic, the smell of the ponderosa pines in the lower section of trail is intoxicating, the destination is worthwhile, but the trail condition is not...WARNING!!! As of 2005, the trail above Glacier Creek to Chiwaukum Lake is extremely overgrown with dense brush, and I would not recommend it unless the FS has recently brushed it out. I happened to become seriously injured there, tearing my ACL and MCL there.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Good trail, lots of variety, challenging with a backpack on.