Chirico Trail to Poo-Poo Point

Chirico Trail to Poo-Poo Point is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is the shorter route to Poo Poo Point, beginning at the paragliding landing field rather than the high school several miles to the north. Popular site for hiking, paragliding and hang gliding The Chirico Trail is a lovely spot located just off of I-90 in Issaquah. It is conveniently located and after about 700 feet of elevation the noise from any roads disappears. It is easy to reach and leaves the user in the forest and forgetting how close I-90 and Highway 18 are for most of the trail. The south launch area allows the users to have lovely valley views while looking out over the top of the nudist colony. The north launch area of Poo-Poo Point allows the user to have lovely views of the Lake Sammamish and Issaquah.

We really enjoyed the hike and the view from the top! And at 45 minutes to ascend its a perfect quick hike.

Great hike!

Great trail! I took my 10 month old up with me and she loved it! Great view on a clear day. I went on Halloween and the trail was dry (no mud). Parking is free. The hike was about 4 miles round trip. Only advice is bring a blanket or something to sit on at the top.

Beautiful even on an overcast misty day.

Great view. First 2/3 of trail can be hard for the beginner.

Moderate. Short but very vertical

Great trail that was moderate, but a great workout! The trail is very rocky at the beginning and constant uphill switchbacks. I would not want to do the trail when it was raining, because I think the rocks would be really slippery coming down. I did the trail in tennis shoes and was fine, but it would have been better in hiking boots of some sort. The view at the top was beautiful and we loved watching the paragliders take off! There are portapotties at the top and a few picnic tables to sit/eat at. We wished we had brought our lunch up. Would have been the perfect place to picnic and watch the paragliders take off!