Chirico Trail to Poo-Poo Point

Chirico Trail to Poo-Poo Point is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is the shorter route to Poo Poo Point, beginning at the paragliding landing field rather than the high school several miles to the north. Popular site for hiking, paragliding and hang gliding The Chirico Trail is a lovely spot located just off of I-90 in Issaquah. It is conveniently located and after about 700 feet of elevation the noise from any roads disappears. It is easy to reach and leaves the user in the forest and forgetting how close I-90 and Highway 18 are for most of the trail. The south launch area allows the users to have lovely valley views while looking out over the top of the nudist colony. The north launch area of Poo-Poo Point allows the user to have lovely views of the Lake Sammamish and Issaquah.

Incredible views of Rainier at the top! Great hike, great workout, fun to see the paragliders launch at the top!

Awesome trail. Great rewarding view at top. A little bit crowded during midday. Lots of unleashed dogs.

Nice hike through the woods, steep grade, but not too difficult. Beautiful View at the top. Well worth the effort.

Great hike and an even better workout w/ spectacular views.

Great sunset hike. Feel comfortable hiking alone as you are never really alone.

opened our season with this trail 2 weeks ago and unfortunately everybody else had the same idea. the trail does not have the capacity to safely handle hundreds of people at a time. we had to stop and wait for groups of 10+ often enough that the 3 kids with us did not need breaks up or down. pretty view but not good for the first few nice days in WA

Great hike! The views are amazing and it is fun to watch the paraglider.

It has a new entrance since the last time we were there. Cold at the top, a little foggy but great view and we did it in record time...for us...after a knee injury and a few years removed.

Took my High School girls lacrosse team there for a team bonding event. Great switchbacks, great views, and super friendly people on the hike. Highly recommended, for all ages.

Beautiful greenery this time of year rush hike 95% is snow free

Even on a weekday the parking lot was almost full. Pretty neat the whole way except at the top where i used microspikes.

The trail was clear of snow but had frozen water in spots. nice view from the top although Rainer was hidden today.

Unbelievable views! The bottom portion of the trail is incredibly rocky and narrow. It opens up a bit near the top but you won’t be running much until then. There is lots of steep elevation gain and I would rate this as challenging for someone like myself who doesn’t have a lot of experience with trial running. There was lots of traffic but getting to the top on a sunny day and seeing Rainer makes it all worth it. A few paragliders were taking off from the point when I was there as well which was exciting.

Whew! Great workout and the views are amazing. My 10-year old did great, but I'm not so sure my 7-year old would have made it (he stayed home). Will definitely go again.

Great hike! Very good trail in good shape and the views are awesome. The paragliders take off from the top and it's cool to watch them float and the up drafts. The only issue is all the people, the crowds are ridicules. Makes it difficult to keep moving on the trail.

Beautiful views, saw lots of paragliders today, which was fun to watch. Pretty busy, but understandable given it was a beautiful, sunny, Saturday.

Took about 2.5 hours roundtrip and saw para-gilders descend from the top.

Great for training

Hiked today, hike in a good condition, slippery, free of snow or obstacles.

Hiked this yesterday (Jan 20th): I’m a newbie hiker trying to build up my trail legs and this was a good hike for me to grow on. Three main take aways I’d like to share for anyone considering the hike:

1. The elevation gain is a challenge but doable, it evens out after the first 1.5 miles
2. The first clearing you come to IS NOT the summit 
3. Even if it’s raining the tree canopy protects you pretty well for 99% of the hike

Trail is in great condition but rocks were a little slippery so I recommend wearing real hiking shoes.

my favorite spot!

Today scenery was beautiful and greenery and a lot people and view was best. Snow free and real great hike January. Inclined is lesson to lean as I stop many time but worth every step

I loved & hated this trail. Loved the scenery and views, but hated the incline. Lol. It was a great workout tho! I’d do it again, but with walking sticks. Lol

One of the BEST short trails in the Northwest, great workout and fantastic views on sunny days.

Moderately tough hike with the reward of some great views. Didn't see any hang gliding while we hiked, but I can only imagine that is cool. Plan to come back in the future.

Awesome workout on a Sunday morning with so many inspiring gliders.

Slightly steep but nice views at the top

Hike on a rainy day. But the view is great. 2.5 hours to complete.

Good hike! Great view!