Chirico Trail to Poo-Poo Point

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(2527)
Tiger Mountain State Forest

Chirico Trail to Poo-Poo Point is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and horses and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,650 feet Route Type: Out & Back

The Chirico Trail is a lovely spot conveniently located just off I-90 in Issaquah. After about 700 feet elevation, the noise from any roads nearly disappears and nothing but forest remains. The south launch area allows the users to have lovely valley views while looking out over the top of the nudist colony. The north launch area of Poo-Poo Point allows the user to have lovely views of the Lake Sammamish and Issaquah. This is a popular site for hiking, paragliding and hang gliding. This is the shorter route to Poo Poo Point, beginning at the paragliding landing field rather than the high school several miles to the north.

Trail was great! It was our first time yesterday. Hadn’t hiked or did much activity for a year so it kicked my butt but we made it! Was very muddy so wear appropriate shoes.

Wonderful little trail, we really enjoyed it. Muddy -but what of it? And a bit of an incline but so amazing. Wonderful views of Mount Rainier and super cool to see the Paragliders! And sadly for as many dogs we saw on a leash we saw the same amount not leached. Please leash your dogs, this for some reason is a problem for people to to almost everywhere. People doing their best to social distance on the trail which is hard in many points but everyone was polite and 90% of the people we saw wore masks when passing. Get there early for parking. Beautiful hike!

A couple small overgrown spots. Lots of mud. The mud makes the rocks quite slick so be careful on your decent down.

Pretty busy hike on memorial day weekend parking was all taken up paid five dollars for parking. Very high traffic. Pretty good hike once you get up to the top good views. This hike is doable for children And dogs on leash.

Lots of dogs off leash. Huge rains last night made it muddy and slippery on the steep rocks. Parking was full, we parked 1/2 mi away at an Issaquah city park and by the time we came back that lot was almost full too. Under 3 hours taking into account extra walk to and from parking.

Beautiful hike with awesome views at the top. I arrived before 8am and the parking lot was full, if you wanted you could pay 5 dollars to park in a neighboring private property. As I was coming down it was even more crowded, and some people did not maintain social distance, getting really close. Good trail conditions, just arrive early.

Go early to get free parking, the lot gets full fast. Got there at 9am and had to park down the street for $5. Super muddy today, but a good workout for a beginner like me! Lots of rocky incline.

5.21.20 Cougar at the top by the launch in the morning. Listen and turn back if you hear it. It gave lots of warning. Unfortunately, my husband didn't realize what it was and got surprised.

Got to trailhead at around 5:30 Wednesday morning. There were two cars already there. It was drizzling and very foggy—when I made it to the top, it was raining pretty hard and the view was completely obscured by the thick fog. It took me almost exactly two hours out and back (including frequent breaks). I saw about 20 people on the way down. For me, it was a very challenging hike because you’re gaining so much elevation so quickly. On a sunny day the view is spectacular, but even on a rainy day, it’s a good hike, just be careful on the slippery rocks!

Great hike where you don’t need to get up early to get it done. I arrived at 1pm when the first wave of hikers left and got a spot in the parking lot. The hike itself is uphill the whole way, so be prepared for a workout. The views at the top were pretty great but bring a jacket, because it’s chilly up there!

Great hike, moderate traffic today. Just a tad muddy, but worth it! Yeah

Beautiful hike ! And a great workout!

Such a beautiful hike. Go early in the morning if you’re going on the weekend!

This trail was great! Very rocky and steep on the way up and would not recommend for beginners. But a great short hike with an amazing view!

This trail is super busy, even on a Tuesday morning I had to wait for people to either pass or let me pass multiple times. If you are unfit I would rank this hike on the higher side of moderate.

The way up was a continuous climb... I’m sure that seems self explanatory haha, but there is not a lot of room for leisure; if you’re not a regular hiker, you may struggle. Totally worth it and absolutely beautiful!!

I use this trail every other day and now after the reopening of trails it’s very busy all hours of the day which is a bummer. Hard to park and big groups you have maneuver around :( Also this is not an easy for the average person, it’s steep and is straight up the entire way. Many ppl turn around bc it’s not as easy as it may look from this listing.