Cherry Creek Falls Trail

Cherry Creek Falls Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Duvall, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

PARKING NOTICE: All visitor vehicles must park off the county road (Mountain View Road). Any cars parked on the road will be ticketed and towed by the King County Sheriffs Department as the roadway needs to remain clear for emergency vehicles to pass. A hike along old logging roads to 25 foot tall waterfall on Cherry Creek just outside of Duvall, WA. From the parking area, find a concrete block at the corner of Cherry Valley Rd and Mountain View Rd. From there take a short hike to a forest road. Follow this road-turned-trail and the corresponding junctions as follows. At one mile you'll cross Margaret Creek on a bridge, shortly after stay left at the first junction and right at the second (ignoring any grassy overgrown roads). After climbing a short hill, stay right at the third junction and proceed downhill. Where the road makes a sharp hairpin to the right at 1.5 miles, head left on a muddy track through the woods. This eventually turns back into a road. Keep following straight for another mile to Hannan Creek (large washout that has been leveled by large machinery). Just after crossing Hannan Creek, head right on a muddy two-track. The branch is just off the main trail slightly hidden from view by a large dirt pile. Following the sound of the falls. Visitors will reach a fire pit area overlooking the falls, with a short path leading to its base, a total of 2.7 miles from the trailhead.

Easy and beautiful

Lots of mud. The log bridge was super slippery and the water was running deep enough it was over the top of my tall boot.

It was really good, but be ready to get wet and moody.

I did this trail this past Wednesday, 2/7/18. My friend and I started the hike around 1:30 PM, and ended up back at my car at 4:30 PM. I’m not sure if we turned off somewhere, but we ended up completely missing the falls.
The hike itself gave up a good workout, and it was a bit muddy, but the trees were beautiful and it was peaceful to get outside for a while.

Went on a sunny morning a few weeks ago. Trail was muddy in some areas. The log at the end was a little tricky to cross over but nothing to keep you from seeing the falls. My fiancé and I went on a week day and had the waterfall to ourselves. It was a perfect hike and I will for sure be back!

went on Jan 31. it had rained hard the day before. The falls were thundering.

Nice and easy hike, wide trail (road) and well groomed. The waterfall is a beautiful payoff at the end. The creek we had to cross before reaching the waterfall was running full. You could either try to cross that and soak your socks or balance across the 15 foot tree. Some people chose to crawl across the tree. It was muddy but manageable. It’s a quick and fun hike.

Very nice, great ending

Trail was easy to find and follow until the last time we had to cross the water about 2.5 miles in. More than a foot deep and strong, we climbed over the logs in the water, very unstable tho. After that we went straight ahead until we met others who couldn’t find the falls, they are at a right turn after the last part through water. Hope that helps and makes sense, if not, we checked the all trails app for directions and help. Fun and easy hike. Waterfall was beautiful.

Easy quick hike to some very pretty falls. Trail was in great shape, stay right at intersections and you'll find it easily. After last right you will see the yellow car in about 10 minutes which will let you know your on the right track. Also there are 2 wood signs up on a tree to help you navigate.

The Eve z

The family and I really enjoyed this hike. It is well maintained and had enough "points of interest" (the bridge, the crashed car, the waterfall) to keep the kids interested. Beware of the fork in the road where both directions look like they could possibly be "the way". We took the left option and went about 20 minutes out of our way. I'm not sure if that path eventually leads to the falls because we doubled back and went to the right instead. I will say that the right-hand path is way prettier and we would have missed the crashed car taking the left path, which would have led to devastated kids. We had a blast and the falls are beautiful. I really wanted to wade on in even though the water was frigid this time of year!

Easy hike in, trail was well defined

I really enjoyed this hike. Super easy and quick.

Super pleasant hike that feels shorter than it is because there isn't a lot of elevation. The Falls are lovely and there is plenty of space to sit and have a snack. Kid friendly hike for sure. I don't know that I'll go back again too many times but it's worth a visit if you haven't seen it, especially with youngsters.

Fun, short hike. I would rate it somewhere in-between easy and moderate. The pathway is wide, flat, with some small sized rocks. At the trail there are multiple points where the pathway forks into two routes. Follow what looks to be the main pathway, and where it starts to get tricky follow the rock arrows on the ground (someone kindly has left stone arrows to point out the way). When you get to the point of the falls, there is a pathway that you have to take in order to get to the bottom of the falls. That part was steep, and we very slowly went down with hiking poles. Easy to slip at this point. Would recommend hiking boots and poles just because of that part of the hike. Once there you can sit near the waterfall, and have lunch/jump in for a swim. No pestering mosquitos which was a major plus! Very crowded today because of the Labor Day holiday, but most likely less trafficked on other days of the week. Enjoy!

This is an easy hike that is family and dog friendly. The trail is mostly nice and wide, for hiking in tandem. While I haven't done it, I think it would be a great trail run with some rocks but a generally nice trail. The water was cold-even at the end of August!

5 miles round trip. great hike. bring your swimsuit for a dip in the water when you reach the falls!

This is an easy trail that feels more like a walking path if you're an avid hiker. There are two ways you can get down to the falls (where the trail forks).

Left takes you on an upper trail. You will have to cut over to the right once you get to the river bank. Turn right again at the next main trail and you'll hear the falls.

Right takes you down past the second abandoned car other people mentioned. This trail is more direct and will get you straight to the falls but is more overgrown.

Very easy, long hike..last few feet down to the falls was a decline with lose dirt, be careful & enjoy this beautiful area!