Chehalis Western Trail

Chehalis Western Trail is a 20.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Lacey, Washington that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

rails trails

Chambers Lake Trailhead:From Seattle, S on I-5 to exit 109. Right on Martin Way E to College Street. Left for 1 mile to 14th Ave. Right for 1 mile to trailhead on left after the trestle.

Biked north 5.5 miles to the northern parking lot and back. Shaded by trees the whole way. Very pleasant.

Nicest in the morning.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Wide paved trail that is used by horseback riders, bikers, joggers, and walkers. Trail passes a variety of areas from housing developments to farms, ponds to fields. Plenty of wildlife to catch a glimpse of. It's a great walk for kids and dogs. Benches are available every so often if you get tired. There are some racks in a few areas. One end of the trail stops at The Woodard Bay Sanctuary. It's a trail about a mile long that is closed part of the year and does not allow dogs. It is a very busy mating area for herons.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

If you ride the entire trail end to end its 40+ miles of the finest, shaded, quiet trail you can find in Washington St. Road it today and it wasn't crowded at all. Ample places to stop and use the restroom. You could connect it to the Yelm / Tenino trails and squeeze out about a very safe 70 mile ride. Minimal elevation gain of 390'.

This is definitely a new favorite.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday, April 18, 2016

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Saturday, March 19, 2016

I love this trail and our whole family has been using it frequently for several years now. We have taken our horses' on it, jogged, biked, walked with our dogs, scooters, etc. The biggest issue I have is there are no garbage cans anywhere along the trail. They want you to pick up your dog poo but then expect you to carry it the whole way......which leads to people leaving bags of dog poo along the trail. It wouldn't be that hard to provide cans, then use a little utility vehicle to empty them every so often. Otherwise, hey, if you didn't bring your dogs then enjoy!

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Good cycling trail that connects to Woodland. It's very convenient for commuter cyclists. I used to take this trail from my job in Lacey, to rugby practice off of Yelm highway.

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Beautiful trail, very easy did it in about 2 hours total. Well worth it.

Friday, August 14, 2015

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

When I lived in Yelm I rode this trail every weekend from Yelm to Rainier and sometimes from Yelm to Olympia and back. Its a nice smooth, level, paved trail. Sundays seem to be when most people are out with their kids and family members. I usually rode during the early afternoon to late afternoon and I met quite a few people but there's room for everyone. Biking, jogging, walking, rollerblading, you can safely do it all on this paved route and I promise you, you will enjoy every minute of it. Enjoy.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014