Chehalis Western Trail

Chehalis Western Trail is a 20.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Lacey, Washington that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

rails trails

Chambers Lake Trailhead:From Seattle, S on I-5 to exit 109. Right on Martin Way E to College Street. Left for 1 mile to 14th Ave. Right for 1 mile to trailhead on left after the trestle.

Probably be a lot better without all the bike people raging all over thinking they own the joint.

I can see this trail being beneficial for cyclers not necessarily that great for walkers. Too many inconsiderate bike riders on this trail. My dogs and I stayed all the way to the right almost in the brush and they still practically plowed over us. Considering I'm an avid rider myself, that's pretty discouraging. So yes if you want to ride it you're good to go but I would hesitate if I was a pedestrian. Up side, trails are paved the entire way.

Fantastic trail. Gets better down south. Make sure to stop for the blackberries, sounds of babbling brooks, picture ops. Great variety of landscape. Unfortunately some not so attractive too but nonetheless worth doing. Make sure to save some energy for a hike along Woodard Bay.

We just did 2 miles by South Bay.
-lots of parking along the 20 miles, and a large parking lot at the start by Woodard Bay
-stroller friendly (paved with running and horse trails that branch off and re connect)
-no restrooms in the area that we went in

Biked north 5.5 miles to the northern parking lot and back. Shaded by trees the whole way. Very pleasant.

Thursday, October 06, 2016

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Nicest in the morning.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Wide paved trail that is used by horseback riders, bikers, joggers, and walkers. Trail passes a variety of areas from housing developments to farms, ponds to fields. Plenty of wildlife to catch a glimpse of. It's a great walk for kids and dogs. Benches are available every so often if you get tired. There are some racks in a few areas. One end of the trail stops at The Woodard Bay Sanctuary. It's a trail about a mile long that is closed part of the year and does not allow dogs. It is a very busy mating area for herons.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

If you ride the entire trail end to end its 40+ miles of the finest, shaded, quiet trail you can find in Washington St. Road it today and it wasn't crowded at all. Ample places to stop and use the restroom. You could connect it to the Yelm / Tenino trails and squeeze out about a very safe 70 mile ride. Minimal elevation gain of 390'.

This is definitely a new favorite.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday, April 18, 2016

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Saturday, March 19, 2016

I love this trail and our whole family has been using it frequently for several years now. We have taken our horses' on it, jogged, biked, walked with our dogs, scooters, etc. The biggest issue I have is there are no garbage cans anywhere along the trail. They want you to pick up your dog poo but then expect you to carry it the whole way......which leads to people leaving bags of dog poo along the trail. It wouldn't be that hard to provide cans, then use a little utility vehicle to empty them every so often. Otherwise, hey, if you didn't bring your dogs then enjoy!

Wednesday, March 09, 2016