Chain Lakes Loop Trail

Chain Lakes Loop Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Maple Falls, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Stunning!

Great view all the way. It started to snow and the trail was a bit slippery but generally good. The most jammed trail I’ve ever been.

Beautiful views of Mount Baker and Mount Shuksan and great opportunities to swim in any of the lakes. Started at Anderson Pass Parking lot and hiked the Wild Goose to Artist Point and did the trail clockwise, with a nice descent at the end.

For the full five stars you need to do another hike up at Baker, whether Table Mountain or another in the area. The terrain is incredible and one of the things that makes it so is the experience that one gets being in this are in the winter when there is 10 to 20 feet of snow that covers everything.

Great mid September hike. I did this hike clockwise from Artist Point parking lot. Nice gradual hike and the lakes were amazing. The hardest part was going up the snow goose trail back to the Artist Point parking lot. Can't wait to hike this again.

I started from Artist point on a Friday afternoon. It was a nice day and very crowded; there was even a parking lot attendant directing traffic and a ranger tent set up for questions. Artist Point itself was super scenic. Great place for tourists that want to walk around and see great scenery without having to work hard to see it. The chain lakes loop was easy to follow from Artist Point, but I turned around after reaching the last lake. Spent to much time taking pictures and eating wild huckleberries...

My daughter and I hike here over the weekend. It happened to be cloudy, windy, and rainy that particular day, so we didn't need to worry about the heat. We are dressed for the weather so it didn't bother us. We started at Artist Point and went clockwise around the loop. The first two miles were pretty easy overall and the trail was well marked. The trail is a little poorly marked as you make your way back up over the pass. We wandered off course a little but we reacquired the trail quickly.

My Garmin fenix 5 clocked the trip from Artist Point to Heather Meadows at 5.8 miles and another mile back to Artist Point along the Wild Goose Trail. (The total round trip was about 6.8 miles and a bit.) The last mile and 800 ft of vert was pretty rough after 5.7 miles of hiking in the rain.

I would def do this hike again on a clear day.

Definitely a workout! We parked at the Bagley Lakes Trailhead parking lot and walked the trail counterclockwise. Be sure and take more water than you think you'll need.

Difficult. Bring plenty of water. Scenic.