Centennial Trail

Centennial Trail is a 18.6 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Snohomish, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

30 miles of completed trail (Snohomish to Skagit County Line) 10-foot wide multi-purpose paved trail 6-foot wide natural surface parallel equestrian trail Picnic tables, benches Restrooms Permits for public events and activities on the trail

This trail is great for walking, running, biking, horse back riding, skateboarding, rollerblading and is very kid friendly. It's a paved trail with occasional side trail that parallels the trail (mainly for horse back riding). It is a very active trail with multiple places to start.

On the Snohomish side on the trial, you have a skate park, library, a boys and girls club, a soccer dome closeby and other things I may not have mentioned. As you walk North the trail crosses many busy roads with cross walks. It passes by my daughter's middle school. There are many places where the trail feels secluded between black berry bushes. There is a nice park by the Machias area where my brother and I used to play as kids. This area has grown and become quit popular. I have not traveled North of Lake Stevens but I do see it cross a busy road with a light for traffic in the Marysville area. However I do not know much more. There is many places where the trail crosses creeks and rivers. fun place to enjoy the sounds.

This trail is very kid friendly and easy for kids of all ages. Strollers are widely used. Bikers will easily sneak up if they don't announce themselves behind you (This includes rollerbladers). I've seen several people with dogs on leases and highly trained off lease dogs. I've also seen horses on the trail.

Nice and long and flat for my longboard, a little too crowded for me though, but only some parts!

One of the very well maintained trail at such height! enjoyed the trail till summit and of course descend. Its must to do .. beautiful rock garden on top and amazing shaped rocks. Don't miss it! make sure to carry insect spray as there is patch where many flies will bother you.

This is my go to trail as I live right by it. When I'm wanting some outside activity and fresh air this is a walk I can go on in between showers.

User friendly

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Easy to walk or ride your bike on this trail and dog friendly. I would recommend to anyone of all skill levels

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

We bike on this trail several times and we love it!

Friday, July 22, 2016

Wonderful place to get your 10,000 steps!

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Great for a traffic free ride.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Super flat and great for kids on bikes or blades

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

是很好的散步,慢跑及騎腳踏車(自行車)的地方。

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

This is a great trail for walking, blading and cycling.

Friday, January 08, 2016

Just a great trail for exercise, and has lots of beautiful things to see nature wise.

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Excellent trail for cycling!

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Great we are lucky to have this trail.

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

I have walked the centennial trail in several places, mostly in the Lake Stevens section, but also some Snohomish and Arlington as well. The trail is mostly flat, although you do encounter the occasional small hill. Parts go past Little Pilchuck Creek with some little trails that allow access and it goes along the Pilchuck river in areas as well. Further north it passes Lake Cassidy with a dock that you can walk out on to see the lake...idk if swimming is allowed here, but I wouldn't recommend it anyway, the lake is gross. The whole trail is paved and wide, which is nice as it can get fairly busy. I recommend the Machias trail head park if you are walking with kids because the park there is fun, especially for around toddler age. There are picnic tables and grassy areas along the trail if you want to have lunch. I don't know why this website says you can camp, I have never seen camping along the trail, but I suppose it could be in an area I haven't walked yet. Everywhere I have walked has also been very clean and well taken care of...the only section I dont particularly like is the spot that runs along Old Hartford Road in Lake Stevens because it goes next to a sanitation business and it stinks to high heaven...other than that, it's great for a daily walk so long as you be sure to keep yourself safe in the areas that are really secluded!

Sunday, May 03, 2015

It's paved, so extremely flat and easy to walk. I've taken my dog with me and he loved it. A lot of people use this trail for bicycling, so make sure you stay to the right-hand side!

Monday, February 10, 2014

Awesome trail! Just be careful of the bicyclists. Too often they think they should be the only ones on the trail. Otherwise, we loved it.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

I LOVE Centennial Trail! I go every week to bike the full 48 miles. Plenty of people cycling, skating, running, and walking. The park is nice too. My son loves it.

Friday, July 12, 2013

saw bear skat on the trail just north of stanwood -bryant road yesterday so keep your eyes peeled, cyclists reported seeing bear north of us. great trail especially when you have children!