Cedar River Trail

Cedar River Trail is a 15.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Renton, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 15.9 miles Elevation Gain: 741 feet Route Type: Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

this is a nice walk

I cycled 22 miles on this trail yesterday. It is paved and mostly flat. The trail follows the river and is surrounded by lots of foliage. The only downside is the part of the trail that runs alongside a busy road. I do not care to listen to traffic. Next time I intend to cycle the entire trail out and back. ~ Sherry

It’s a great trail, and there’s a gorgeous view of the lake at the end. The city does a super job of keeping it litter free. Be careful when going under bridges as I have been harassed by people who like to loiter there as I passed through.

This is one of my go-to trails. I like taking my dog here because it goes along the river and has a dog park/regular parks along the way too! Theres not too much elevation so its pretty easy, but long enough that you'll still get a decent cardio session. I wish it was a bit more scenic, but for a trail that goes through/along the city its pretty great!

nice trail for walking and biking.very peaceful walking.

This is a bike/ walking path. some nice speed walking.

great trail. love running here with my dog

Great trail for bike rides!

I love this little trail (more of a walking path) still beautiful. Broke out my trekking poles and boots to enjoy the trail full of snow. Go if you can...totally worth it

I would recommend this trail to anyone who wants a leisurely urban hike, especially with your dog. Many walkers, bikers and runners. During the spring it is bursting with color. We went in February after about 6 inches of snow and it was a beautiful and safe retreat, as avy danger in the mountains was high. Look for Belted King Fishers along the Cedar River all year long. Typically in the fall through Jan/feb you will see bald eagles flying overhead looking for leftover salmon in the river bed.

Thu Sep 27 2018

Rode with friend yesterday. Nice peaceful.

Wed Sep 26 2018

Biking with family nice trails

Mon Sep 03 2018

Nice trail .

Mon Sep 03 2018

fun trail to walk in the summer and fall

Fri Aug 24 2018

Really nice trail for biking. One thing not so good I notice though, dog poops left on the trail!

Wed Aug 15 2018

Fun trail for walking

Mon Jul 16 2018

Good trail for easy bike ride

Wed Nov 29 2017

It's a good trail that is beautiful on a sunny day.

Sat Jul 29 2017

Live across the road, walk dogs, myself. Lovely walk any mile you want, I always try for 5. Needs more garbage and waste dumps sites for dogs, baggies.

Wed Jul 26 2017

Nice trail for walking. Traffic on the trail was light with some bike traffic. There are a few places where you are able to access the river, which is very nice. overall I really enjoyed my time here, it was the perfect morning.

Mon Jul 24 2017

I ride my bike with my brother along this trail! Great location, Cedar River is beautiful!

Sat May 06 2017

5/6/2017 (Saturday) - Easy walk from lake side to library through the heart of Renton and Boeing along the Cedar River with rushing flow after thunderstorms 2 day ago. A very pleasant walk on a sunny but cool afternoon, light traffic, good view.

Fri Dec 30 2016

I love biking this trail with my dog. We stay in the Maple Valley portion of the trail and it's a lot quieter than the Renton portion. Some areas are notorious for drug use however. Lots of high school students also go out on the trails to smoke. We still like it though.

Sat Nov 26 2016

11/26/2016 (Saturday) -- Most people use this long trail for biking, but I am not a biker, so I walked its last section between Renton Senior Center and Lake Washington. Boeing plants and airport are on both sides of the trail, which is a city park for walkers mainly. It's about 2.4 miles out and back, good for just one hour's leisure walk with or without dogs. The trail and the view are both pleasant.

Wed Jun 01 2016

smooth pavement!

Mon May 02 2016

Excellent. The pavement area begins where the cedar river trail passes the green river trail.

Thu Dec 10 2015

Its good

Wed Aug 05 2015

I do like this trail, especially because it's mainly flat and I can ride my bike from Maple Valley to Downtown Renton without being extremely tired. Beautiful views of the river, but very heavy at times with bikers. At times it's very annoying to hear "On the left" over and over by people. However, it's fun and good exercise.

Sun May 31 2015

good trail for exercise. Started at lake wilderness lodge then rode to renton community center and back. easy on the way there due to slight downhill. returning requires more work ! mainly straight and 90% paved with some round a bouts. not much to see though...

Fri Jun 06 2014

Like most trails, this one has its strengths. It also has its weaknesses. If you are riding a bike, this is an outstanding trail. If you are walking, it is paved which makes it a little hard on the joints. In addition, and because you're walking along a road it's completely boring for a walk.