Cedar River Trail

Cedar River Trail is a 16 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Renton, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

Cedar River Trail and May Valley is a 29.7 mile loop trail located near Renton, Washington that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for road biking, trail running & walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It's a good trail that is beautiful on a sunny day.

Live across the road, walk dogs, myself. Lovely walk any mile you want, I always try for 5. Needs more garbage and waste dumps sites for dogs, baggies.

Nice trail for walking. Traffic on the trail was light with some bike traffic. There are a few places where you are able to access the river, which is very nice. overall I really enjoyed my time here, it was the perfect morning.

I ride my bike with my brother along this trail! Great location, Cedar River is beautiful!

I love biking this trail with my dog. We stay in the Maple Valley portion of the trail and it's a lot quieter than the Renton portion. Some areas are notorious for drug use however. Lots of high school students also go out on the trails to smoke. We still like it though.

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

smooth pavement!

Monday, May 02, 2016

Excellent. The pavement area begins where the cedar river trail passes the green river trail.

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Its good

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

I do like this trail, especially because it's mainly flat and I can ride my bike from Maple Valley to Downtown Renton without being extremely tired. Beautiful views of the river, but very heavy at times with bikers. At times it's very annoying to hear "On the left" over and over by people. However, it's fun and good exercise.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

good trail for exercise. Started at lake wilderness lodge then rode to renton community center and back. easy on the way there due to slight downhill. returning requires more work ! mainly straight and 90% paved with some round a bouts. not much to see though...

Friday, June 06, 2014

Like most trails, this one has its strengths. It also has its weaknesses. If you are riding a bike, this is an outstanding trail. If you are walking, it is paved which makes it a little hard on the joints. In addition, and because you're walking along a road it's completely boring for a walk.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Loved this trail

5/6/2017 (Saturday) - Easy walk from lake side to library through the heart of Renton and Boeing along the Cedar River with rushing flow after thunderstorms 2 day ago. A very pleasant walk on a sunny but cool afternoon, light traffic, good view.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

11/26/2016 (Saturday) -- Most people use this long trail for biking, but I am not a biker, so I walked its last section between Renton Senior Center and Lake Washington. Boeing plants and airport are on both sides of the trail, which is a city park for walkers mainly. It's about 2.4 miles out and back, good for just one hour's leisure walk with or without dogs. The trail and the view are both pleasant.