Cedar Falls Trail

Cedar Falls Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Winthrop, Washington that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 613 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Trail easy to follow in the snow. Waterfall partially frozen with an ice bridge over the pool at the bottom. Really beautiful. would be tough with deeper snow as the trail is very narrow in spots. Snow shoes would be awkward. KEEP HIKING!

Trail was easy and well kept. Steep at parts but nothing scary. Waterfalls were super cool, numerous tiers of falls.

Awesome little hike with beautiful views of the waterfall. Getting down to the base of the largest waterfall is a little tricky, but doable. Lots of people on the trail today, but it didn’t feel crowded.

Lovely hike through the forest to a tiered waterfall My puppy enjoyed the cool dip Bonus was a swarm of butterflies. One butterfly buddy landed on my hand and stayed for quite a visit! Like our adventures on Facebook, “Apackof2 for the Road. Follow us on Twitter, “Apackof2fortheRd”

Nice easy trail to finish out the evening

The falls are beautiful, the trail getting there is unremarkable, mostly overgrown with dead brush everywhere. Not much to see and enjoy until the falls.

A nice hike. We had our dog with us and had the whole trail to ourselves. Only drawback is there are lots of rocks, roots and stumps so you have to constantly watch where you put your feet. The falls are magnificent

Took my 6 year old. We both had fun hiking this trail. Not too hard of a hike, trail kept up very well. Waterfall was gorgeous!

Great beginner trail. The falls are very pretty. trail is in good shape.

Absolutely gorgeous! The waterfalls were breathtaking and we had the whole trail to ourselves! Will definitely come back someday :)

Gradual climb that meanders alongside tree covered hillsides with a few narrow spots. Great overlook right near the top of the falls is a nice cooling spot before heading back. Easy hike back to the trailhead.

This was a beautiful hike! Wildflowers dotting the paths (did the hike during May) and the falls were gorgeous! The only reason I gave 4 stars was because the hike seems more moderate than easy. That also could have been because I was carrying a 16 pound baby

recorded Cedar Falls Trail

Great hike to the falls and a little further. Some fallen trees along the way but easy enough to get around of under. Beautiful wild flowers along the way. I really enjoyed this trail.

Great trail. Encountered four downed trees, pretty easy to climb over top, but nothing major. Some snow on the trail, but again, nothing major. I hiked in tennis shoes and my feet stayed dry. Some areas, of course, are a bit slippery on the snow. 80 percent of the trail is dry and free of obstacles though. A great day for a hike. Sunny, warm and just enough shade from the trees.

Easy hike uphill to some great falls. Some snow on the trail, narrower parts. Can't go much farther past the falls, deep snow.

The trail was easy to see and recognize. There was some snow still in patches but that didn’t take away from any of it, a couple trees were down but again, that just made it more natural or a journey. The falls were beautiful, was told there was a couple more falls further down the trail but we didn’t go to find out. Overall it was a great experience and a beautiful afternoon.(Mid April)

Mon Aug 06 2018

Really enjoyed this hike. There was a lot of smoke from the fires, but down by the falls was clear.

Fri Aug 03 2018

Did this hike yesterday. All downed trees have been cleared. Nice easy hike. The falls are incredible. Perfect time of year for this hike.

Sat Jul 28 2018

Great hike through the trees with beautiful falls at the end.

Tue Jul 10 2018

Great little hike but lots of trees down blocking the path.

Sun Jun 17 2018

It was a great little hike. My 4 year hiked in and out, he had no problem. I definitely recommend this hike. We hiked it May 2nd.

Fri Jun 08 2018

Great hike not long or very steep Wild flowers and butterflies along the path The falls is nice !

Tue Sep 12 2017

A quick walk. Mostly uphill to the falls. On the return we had some awesome and scary views of the smoke plumes from the nearby Diamond Creek fire.

Tue Aug 29 2017

Nice, shaded trail and surprisingly vacant for a Saturday in August. A few moments of good open views and charming accessible waterfall. Feels like a "real" trail, (not a graded road or boardwalk), but still easily attainable by even this out-of-practice hiker.

Sat Aug 13 2016

My dad and I were going for a drive today, we live in Chelan and needed to get away from all the tourists! We ended up here and it was a nice overcast day. We all headed up but do to dad's hips he only made it about a mile, so the dog and I continued up past the falls a bit then turned around. Stopped at the falls, pup went swimming and I took some great pics. Ran pretty much all the way up and down, the trail was easy and a quick lil trip to some BEAUTIFUL falls. Happy Trails.

Sat Aug 08 2015

Hiked this trail 8/7/15. Having never been here before I was surprised by how much water was still coming over the falls since it has been so dry. The path is clear, easy to follow but the view of the falls is a bit over grown. I hiked past the falls to get in a little more hiking time.

Tue Aug 19 2014

We were staying in Chelan, so it was a bit of a drive, but we were looking for something with cool falls, and relatively easy grade since our smallest hiker had just turned 4. he made it out and back easily. as someone else noted, this trail is pretty much in the forest the whole way. if you like exploring "the woods" and like pointing out different things under the canopy to your kids this is great. That said - the falls were amazing. 2 large drops of 30' each, and you can walk down to the 100' long shelf between those two for some amazing pictures. take the time to walk up the trail another 100-200yds and there is a post-card picture waiting of a small upper cascade surrounded by trees and foliage.

Sat Nov 16 2013

Nice walk, easy climbing, falls are gorgeous. Not a lot of open views, so don't pick this one if that's what you're after. Good for late season, as the bottom of the trail was snow-free and only a bit up by the falls.

Thu Aug 23 2012

The trial is good for early season. The falls are impressive with 3 tiers of falls.