Cedar Butte Trail

Cedar Butte Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 32. Right on 468th Ave for 3.5 miles to the parking area on the left side of the road

Short hike and on nicer days with better bang for your buck than I had. Foggy view at the top but it was a really quick hike so judging from the view others had posted i will definitely be trying again on a sunny day. Took me about 40 minutes "speed walk" hiking with couple stops to the top from the base of the actual trail off the gravel road and 30 mins down without stopping. I would label it as moderate/easy and comparable to rattlesnake ridge but shorter.

First time on this trail. I have ridden past the trail head many times so it was on my list and today was the day. Takes you through beautiful lush forest with ferns and moss everywhere. Good workout depending on which part of the trail you take up. Left is much steeper where as right is longer but less incline. Really nice view of the valley and surrounding peaks at the top. I could see Si, Teneriffe and Mailbox from where I stood. Was fairly busy today but didn't pose a problem. Also it's a good alternative to the ever so busy Rattlesnake Ledge hike. Bonus too is that the John Wayne parking lot is never full. Does require a discover pass however (totally worth it!)

Decent

Quick little hike that HS some decent sized inclines so if you are out of shape you will get your monies worth!

The trail was not heavily trafficked, I only ran into one other group hiking it. The trail is quiet, with a steady climb. I agree with the previous reviewer that this should not be categorized as an easy hike. I am an experienced hiker and this was a moderate climb to the summit. The view from the top on a clear summer day is great! I enjoyed this trail for its seclusion and tree cover for a warm day.

This was a lovely trail, I would definitely not call it easy though, as it is a constant ascent for between 800 900 feet. It was secluded, there are only two other cars in the parking lot, and we never saw anyone else. Lots of slugs, and a very sweet if small lookout at the top.

This way a great little day trail!!

Fantastic fun hike!