Cedar Butte Trail

Cedar Butte Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 32. Right on 468th Ave for 3.5 miles to the parking area on the left side of the road

Fairly quick and pleasant hike with significantly less crowds than the people parade that is Rattlesnake Ledge trail. The view at the summit is smaller as is the space to sit and have a snack, but considering the scarcity of people this worked out fine for us.
As for the whole "easy vs moderate" debate- there are some steep spots near the top but if you have done Little Si you can easily handle this one.
I had an 8 year old and a 10 year old with me and they seemed to enjoy the hike pretty well. Autumn colors are visible and the cooler air on a sunny day like what we had 9/24 is very refreshing.

can u get down to the lake?

I would do this hike again! After driving up late in the afternoon on a Saturday and seeing how packed the rattlesnake parking lot was we decided to change hike plans and do cedar butte instead. You need a discover pass for this parking lot.

The hike itself is moderate with elevation only towards the second half of the hike. But it's a nice mix of steep and then relatively flat to catch your breath. The switch backs were short and relatively easy. The view was nice. Not as big as I expected but still lovely especially since the smoke seemed to be clearing up

** note my bf and I took the blowdown route back. Do not take this route. It's extremely over grown and the blow down is not even visible. Also there were so many fallen branches with shrubs growing over them so it was very hard to see that you could trip. Take the shorter route.

Nice steady hike up with two ways to get to the summit. I'd say it's not easy!

This is a picturesque little loop, with a decent view at the summit. Lush vegetation has converged into the path during certain stretches. So long pants might be a good idea.

Quick but awesome trail, not the best sitting places at summit but beautiful on a non cloudy day

Great hike!

Great quick hike! Elevation happens quick though! Good challenge.

Great hike. Starts out on the Iron Horse trail, watch for signs on the right 1/2 mile in.

Very nice view from the top

Very quiet hike. The trail is pretty narrow, but the view is phenomenal up top. If you take the left route at the fork it is significantly shorter but also significantly steeper. The right route at the fork is longer, but much easier. Also to access the trail, you have to take the John Wayne Pioneer Trail until you pass the creek, then the Cedar Butte trail will be on the right.

I will say that it's a moderate short one, but it's a beautiful trail, really quiet compare with the rattlesnake just in front. The view it's really nice.

Very quiet, short. Nice view.

beautiful hike but NOT easy. I would rate a moderate and the switch backs at the end are definitely a heart rate increaser.

Short hike and on nicer days with better bang for your buck than I had. Foggy view at the top but it was a really quick hike so judging from the view others had posted i will definitely be trying again on a sunny day. Took me about 40 minutes "speed walk" hiking with couple stops to the top from the base of the actual trail off the gravel road and 30 mins down without stopping. I would label it as moderate/easy and comparable to rattlesnake ridge but shorter.

First time on this trail. I have ridden past the trail head many times so it was on my list and today was the day. Takes you through beautiful lush forest with ferns and moss everywhere. Good workout depending on which part of the trail you take up. Left is much steeper where as right is longer but less incline. Really nice view of the valley and surrounding peaks at the top. I could see Si, Teneriffe and Mailbox from where I stood. Was fairly busy today but didn't pose a problem. Also it's a good alternative to the ever so busy Rattlesnake Ledge hike. Bonus too is that the John Wayne parking lot is never full. Does require a discover pass however (totally worth it!)

Friday, December 02, 2016

Decent

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Quick little hike that HS some decent sized inclines so if you are out of shape you will get your monies worth!

Monday, July 18, 2016

The trail was not heavily trafficked, I only ran into one other group hiking it. The trail is quiet, with a steady climb. I agree with the previous reviewer that this should not be categorized as an easy hike. I am an experienced hiker and this was a moderate climb to the summit. The view from the top on a clear summer day is great! I enjoyed this trail for its seclusion and tree cover for a warm day.