Candy Mountain

Candy Mountain is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Richland, Washington that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I would call this one easy, more than moderate. Most of the elevation gain is at the end. We stayed out a little late and as the sun went down the coyotes got active. Got a little dicey out with my dog. Lots of vocalizations and only 40-50 yards from the trail. Be watchful of your fur pals as it gets late.

Pretty straight forward. Well maintained. A beginners trail for sure.

Great hike, we hiked to the summit, and I saw a GREAT view. I would go again, absolutely.

Large trailhead parking area. Trail was in excellent condition, wide with crushed gravel the entire way up. Moderately used trail. Excellent views of the Tri-Cities with stone benches at the top. Keep your eye out for snakes! I saw a large snake about 3 feet long crossing the trail (not a rattlesnake).

Easy hike, good for trail running! Pet friendly and not too steep. Good view from the top!

It was windy so we got too cold to make it to the top but the views were great! there are several well places resting areas

This is a well taken care of path and a great hike for families! I took our 6 kiddos today ( ages 13,11,9,6,5 and 3) all walked except the 3 year old I carried on my back! They all did great! My younger ones were tired by the top( it was a very windy day today too) but they were so proud they made it! Going down was a breeze!

Starter trail for bigger climbs very well kept not wide enough. of a trail for bikes

recorded Liz Mom and Ruben