Cal Magnusson Trail

Cal Magnusson Trail is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Enumclaw, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 997 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Moderate to difficult short, but steep loop with 1000+ft elevation gain within the first mile by the midway point. Please note, the trail has little to no markings and may be muddy.

It’s a great hike to just get in a quick workout before going to school. I hike it weekly and found a wash out a couple weeks ago. Went back last week and found that side is now closed. The other side is still open though. Just get on 410 and take a right shortly after passing Wallys in Buckley instead of taking the turn out past Safeway.

I went this afternoon to find signs posted that this trail is closed due to a washout. I love this trail and do it often, so hopefully it will open back up.

I love this trail and hike it every week. I was so sad to see that the part of the trail next to the “waterfall” had washed away from heavy rain this week. Currently, you are still able to walk on trail that is washed out, but I fear without man made supports, it won’t be long before you can’t get through that part safely. Like I said though, I hike this Mtn every week and love it. I love that it is a good workout and can be done in less than an hour.

One of my favorite places. Great workout, friendly trail. Steep but doable! I take my kids 2-3 times a week and never gets old. Many side trails and a rock “staircase” to keep it challenging and interesting!

Good trail for a quick work out. There isn't a peak view at the top so don't expect that and you'll be

Great go-to for a quick up and over. Fresh air and lots of fun. Wish people would be more respectful and keep their dogs leashed, don’t enjoy be repeatedly jumped on and almost tackled because you think your dog is “friendly” and is ok to be off leash.

GREAT cardio workout. You will be pushing yourself (unless use to climbing straight up hill) for a good 40 mins almost straight up hill to the top. Which for me is fun going up....but I have joint issues so coming back down such a steep incline was very challenging. One other thing.....NO SIGNAGE except one tiny sign that says "Hikers Only" so when you get to the fork in the road.....go LEFT to get to the top. If you go RIGHT at the fork you will go to the parking lot area that is 5 MILES away from where you parked your car if you parked at the trail head that says "Cal Magnusson," so please remember that because you will not want to get turned around. Other than that, it was worth the workout! Happy Hiking~!

Definitely a GREAT workout!

Great lunch break work out. A butt kicker.

Hard and fun... great workout!

Would have been really nice but too many people don't keep their dogs on leashes very disrespectful

This is our favorite trail in the area. Great nature setting with lots of trees and foliage. The views at the top are great on sunny days. There can be quite a few people on the trail. The path is steep and challenging for recreational hikers.

No really good views and lots of people. Good place if you want to get some outdoor cardio in after work.

It’s a great hike, but there is no view sadly and I’m a sucker for views.

Awesome little trail if you want to get some cardio in! It's a well-maintained trail and lots of friendly people taking advantage of the beautiful scenery. My only negative is that the summit is overgrown and there's no real view to speak of.

First time starting at pinnacle and going down to Cal Magnuson then back up to the peak and back down to parking lot. If I had to do it again I do it in reverse order of the way I did it. The decent on the west side is much harder than I’d liked. I’d rather ascend that side next time. I also tried to make it as much of a loop as possible and was happy about how it turned out. Tried to stay off the gravel road as much as possible. trail is in great condition. No bugs. Clouds obstructed the view of mt Rainier. Maybe next time.

Great hike, be prepared to bring your cardio game for these switch backs. Los of dogs and smiling faces this morning. A bit icy towards the top, be careful. Poles recommended. Someone forgot their keys they are setting safely at the top on the bench

wear traction shoes. slippery coming down whether its muddy or snowy.

It was a beautiful hike on Saturday but beware there was still a lot of snow up there!! Suggest poles or micro spikes going down was slippery.. but it was so peaceful maybe 5 other hikers the whole time!!!thats my kind of peaceful.. ❤️

Hiked this on Thursday. No blow downs...all removed! Trail in great shape. No mud or water on rail. Light traffic. Rock Hopper.

Quick, steep hill to get your heart rate up

Absolutely stunning hike! Highly recommend good shoes for this and pay attention to the terrain on the way down as much as the way up, if not more! I had an accident on the way down with a not-so-great outcome, but got some gorgeous photos on the way up, and proud to be able to say, ‘I made it to the top!’

Mon Nov 19 2018

Well maintained trail, short and sweet! Great sunny cold day with some peekaboo views.