Cal Magnusson Trail

Cal Magnusson Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Enumclaw, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

had one section washed out and little to no trail markings. took a wrong turn and got a 6 mile hike out of it

Started at dawn after some rain fell, so I donned my microspikes a short way up the goat trail since it got a little slippery. extremely difficult on the way up, but pretty short, thankfully! I didn't see any distinct trail markers, so I'm not even sure if I "completed" it or not.

Its a great trail if your looking for a workout... which I’m sure is the intention for the trail.
I’m not an experienced hiker but I scaled to the top. I was extremely winded though, I had to seriously push myself. There wasn’t too many viewpoints but it felt super cool looking down the hill and seeing how high you are. All in all I thought it was a cool hike. Heavily trafficked.

A quick short, steep work-out hike. No views at the top but on a clear day, you may be able to see the Rainier from some off trail points

Make sure to bring hiking poles for the goat trail. But definitely a good trail, right next to Enumclaw.

love this train for a quick afternoon hike!

I don't agree that it's easy, or suitable for all skill levels. I hope I can make it all the way up some day. What I saw was lovely.

Short but super steep, in less than a mile you go up 1000 feet in elevation, really tough cardio workout if you do it nonstop easy pace all the way to the top.

very well maintained and short

good hike, no view from the top.

Loved it! Wish there was a better look out spot though. Definitely an intense hike. Great if you want something quicker but still a workout.

This was a really great hike and a really great work out. However I must say whoever rated this trail as easy or even moderate is out of their mind. This is really steep. We climbed Smith rock in Terrebone Oregon it was really difficult and this one is a lot more difficult.

I would not consider this Trail easy for kids! The loop idea is a stretch. We turned to take the trail down the backside and it was terrible. We survived, but it was difficult with stretches that were very steep. We were grateful when we ran into a frequent hiker who told us where to turn back to meet the main trail.

Good climb & quick hike, but not much of a view at the top.

This is an awesome hike with so many different trails of all levels that you may never do the same hike twice. We hike this Mt. every Sunday, and enjoy the view from the hidden vista as people hike behind us not even knowing we are there. We prefer the Goat trail going up from the Cal Magnusson side because it is less traveled and more serene. They just put in a new parking lot on the other side with restrooms, and there are a couple offshoots that take you away from the main gravel road up and give you more peace and quiet.

It was fun!!!

This is a great conditioning/fitness hike, but it is not for those looking for a leisurely stroll. Mt. Peak goes straight up about 1000' in a mile. There are no real views, but it's perfect if you're looking for a quick hike with elevation.

Fantastic cardio that was definitely more of a moderate level due to steep incline all the way up. No real good solid views to make it worth more than just a work-out trail.

Great trail! I'd definitely give it a "moderate" it is up hill from the start, but a great hike!

Monday, April 10, 2017

We do this trail 2-3 times a week ( we live really close) ..not much for views. unless you go the other side.. but great exercise thats close

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

This is a nice trail if your just going for a good cardio hike. While our 7 and 8 year old sons did make it the entire trip up and down it is not suitable for children, at least not the trailhead where THESE directions take you. Constant incline and steep the whole way up. There is no view to see. Very busy on a Sunday as well. Lots of people let their dogs off leash so if you don't want dogs running up to you keep that in mind.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Nice trail to do quick hikes all year round. This is the North side trail, little bit harder hike then the South (Mud Mt Rd entrance). You can also access Goat trail from this side which is steep.

Friday, November 25, 2016

very pretty trail. not easy though, would consider moderate due to incline

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Great quick hike. Definitely got my cardio in on the way up! Picked a rainy day so the hike down was a bit more cautious!

Thursday, November 10, 2016

This side is a little more difficult than the other. But walking through the trees is as beautiful as can be!

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Nice trail with lots of shade and not a whole lot of traffic. There are some great viewpoints on the way up/down.

Friday, July 29, 2016

Accidentally went on the expert trail. Very difficult as I am new to hiking. But loved walking in the trees!

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Good short hike close to town.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

fun

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Mt. Peak,

Great morning cardio workout! A quick out and back with significant elevation increase. Love Beautiful Enumclaw area!