Cal Magnusson Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Enumclaw, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Moderate to difficult short, but steep loop with 1000+ft elevation gain within the first mile by the midway point. Please note, the trail has little to no markings and may be muddy.

Absolutely stunning hike!
Highly recommend good shoes for this and pay attention to the terrain on the way down as much as the way up, if not more! I had an accident on the way down with a not-so-great outcome, but got some gorgeous photos on the way up, and proud to be able to say, ‘I made it to the top!’

Well maintained trail, short and sweet! Great sunny cold day with some peekaboo views.

Did this hike about a month ago! Definitely gets your heart pumping! The view at the top wasn’t really much of anything, however it was an awesome work out and really pretty greenery!!! ❤️

Great morning trail during the summer before it gets to hot. This is a great work out on the way up as it does get pretty step. But fun with the views and good company.

Did a quick up and down the back way from the parking lot. Cool day for hiking. No rain. No mud. Had my son Jim and April, daughter in law, in tow. Happy Trails.

Great if you want a workout. Some cool views along the way but no views at the top. Gravel pathways the whole way up with some optional traversing paths through the woods. We brought our three young kids and had to carry them pretty much the whole way up - it’s steep. You don’t need a pass and the facilities and trail are new, nice and clean!

We’ve done it a couple times.

Good workout if you have an extra hour. Not much in terms of a view once you reach the top.

This has been around for a while...I’m 71... decent difficulty... good work out. If you did this daily you would be well tuned for similar hikes with some climb to them. Good exercise...Worth your time.

great hike!

this is a great trail, rain or shine its fast makes you sweat ..

LOVE this trail! It's a tough one but so worth it!!

Come for the workout, not the views. The trail is well marked and maintained. there is a portapotty that was maintained when I was there. Scenery is nice but there weren't really any mountain views today. If you bring kids, be sure they have good shoes and can hold their footing on the way down. I'll do it again though.

Awesome Hike! not a lot of great views and the top is heavily forested with tall trees so not much to see. but the 1000 ft elevation over a mile distance is excellent for a quick hard hit hike. I did it a couple weeks ago with my 2.5 yo som and he made it all the way to the top on his own two legs. did have to be carried most of the way down though...

It is very steep! Lots of rock and roots. Very cool!

had one section washed out and little to no trail markings. took a wrong turn and got a 6 mile hike out of it

Started at dawn after some rain fell, so I donned my microspikes a short way up the goat trail since it got a little slippery. extremely difficult on the way up, but pretty short, thankfully! I didn't see any distinct trail markers, so I'm not even sure if I "completed" it or not.

Its a great trail if your looking for a workout... which I’m sure is the intention for the trail.
I’m not an experienced hiker but I scaled to the top. I was extremely winded though, I had to seriously push myself. There wasn’t too many viewpoints but it felt super cool looking down the hill and seeing how high you are. All in all I thought it was a cool hike. Heavily trafficked.

A quick short, steep work-out hike. No views at the top but on a clear day, you may be able to see the Rainier from some off trail points

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

love this train for a quick afternoon hike!

Sunday, September 10, 2017

I don't agree that it's easy, or suitable for all skill levels. I hope I can make it all the way up some day. What I saw was lovely.

Monday, August 21, 2017

Short but super steep, in less than a mile you go up 1000 feet in elevation, really tough cardio workout if you do it nonstop easy pace all the way to the top.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

very well maintained and short

Monday, July 17, 2017

good hike, no view from the top.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Loved it! Wish there was a better look out spot though. Definitely an intense hike. Great if you want something quicker but still a workout.

Monday, July 03, 2017

This was a really great hike and a really great work out. However I must say whoever rated this trail as easy or even moderate is out of their mind. This is really steep. We climbed Smith rock in Terrebone Oregon it was really difficult and this one is a lot more difficult.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

I would not consider this Trail easy for kids! The loop idea is a stretch. We turned to take the trail down the backside and it was terrible. We survived, but it was difficult with stretches that were very steep. We were grateful when we ran into a frequent hiker who told us where to turn back to meet the main trail.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Good climb & quick hike, but not much of a view at the top.

Friday, May 26, 2017

This is an awesome hike with so many different trails of all levels that you may never do the same hike twice. We hike this Mt. every Sunday, and enjoy the view from the hidden vista as people hike behind us not even knowing we are there. We prefer the Goat trail going up from the Cal Magnusson side because it is less traveled and more serene. They just put in a new parking lot on the other side with restrooms, and there are a couple offshoots that take you away from the main gravel road up and give you more peace and quiet.

Friday, May 19, 2017