Learn more

Cable Line Trail to West Tiger #3

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(250)
Tiger Mountain State Forest

Cable Line Trail to West Tiger #3 is a 3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Seattle, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 2,001 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Horrendously steep trail for the unaccustomed. Great leg trainer, and well worth the trek.

Beautiful trail! The trees give the perfect amount of shade and sunlight. It was pretty steep, but the exercise was well worth it. The end of the hike lies a pretty rock waiting for you to sit on.

This is a very good leg burner. it’s pretty steep. Some parts especially at the top are washed out. I would not recommend taking this trail down. Probably the best option is to take this trail up and another one down that’s less steep and less slippery.

More on the harder side of moderate, but super fun!

Moderate, my ass. This trail is hard!!

unrelenting, unmaintained "shortcut" to Tiger Summit 3 with loose and embedded golf-to-softball size rocks, often in shoulder-deep erosion channels with but two brief, somewhat "level" respites great for workouts or leg strength training.

Quite steep! Very washed out and rocky, especially toward the end. I enjoyed the challenge.

About once a week, I hike this trail to train for longer and steeper trails, e.g., Mailbox. I usually do it mid week because it is relatively shorter length. It always reminds me what a workout it is to be on this trail. Every time, seem to forget once I am done. Today I went up in about one hour and fifteen minutes. On my way up, I tried to figure out a pace at which I could go steady. That was kind of fun. Some people on this trail seem regulars. They go up and come down very speedily. People practiced social distancing. It has made hiking this trail even nicer.

The trail leads you steep, straight up the hill. It's a great workout. Maybe a little too muddy for trail running today.

6:29 AM summit for Tideworks Mountaineers, Caroline Fox, Steve Albert, and Alan Lenny on Cable Line Trail (Tiger Mtn). It’s all in a days work for this team when training to climb PNW volcanoes. **My All Trails recording stopped on the downhill an I didn’t notice it until we completed the hike.