Burnt Bridge Creek Trail

Burnt Bridge Creek Trail is a 15.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Vancouver, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 15.5 miles Elevation Gain: 636 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

rails trails

city walk

From the trail's official website: "This hard-surfaced, shared-use trail offers excellent opportunities for walking, biking, jogging, commuting and viewing the Burnt Bridge Creek Greenway. The trail passes through a variety of landscapes, including open grasslands and heavily wooded areas. Most of this trail is flat with the exception of steep slopes at the Bernie Road trailhead and approaching the I-5 crossing. The trail begins (or ends) at Stewart's Glen in Fruit Valley and crosses over I-5 to Leverich Park and Arnold Park. It extends all the way to NE 90th Avenue and Burton Road. Trailheads with off-street parking and other amenities are located at the end of NW Bernie Drive and NW Fruit Valley Road in Northwest Vancouver, in Leverich Park, off of Devine Road south of NE 18th Street and off of Andersen Road south of NE 18th Street. Sections of the Burnt Bridge Creek Trail - from NW Bernie to State Highway 500 and from Fourth Plain Boulevard to Devine Road - overlap with the Discovery Trail."

There are ALWAYS off-leash dogs within the first 2 miles from the West terminus. I witnessed a repeat offender allowing his dog to attack a leashed dog belonging to a woman pushing a stroller on her morning walk. Many repeat offenders are regulars who it would seem are nearby residents favoring this portion of the trail as their own personal "dog park". The wildlife and natural beauty are astounding but the discarded hypodermic needles riddled throughout the forest trails blend in so watch your step.

Activity was walking, NOT hiking. Good exercise opportunity mid-morning, quiet, and air was fresh. Other people I encountered on the trail (east end of it) were friendly, with the exception of a mentally ill individual who was carrying a large stick and loudly half-growling/half-talking as he passed me on the trail. I reminded myself not to be fearful, to be compassionate instead. Nonetheless, I may carry mace with me the next time I exercise there.

I rode from fruit valley to the very end burton and back. Some parts of the trail are inhabited by homeless people or drugattics. so east of I-5 under all the way to 4th plain. Theres lots of garbage, and people who look like there wandering around or camping. I was riding a bike I wouldnt Jog this if I had a choice. West side of the trail From fruit valley to I-5 very pretty I would jog this. East side of trail from 4th plain to Burton very pretty would also jog that. I seen two guys pissing right on the paved trail in between these two spots felt like kicking them as I passed but resisted. Was a sunny day 4pm to 6pm.

Paved. More an exercise path than nature trail.

The section from fruit valley / 36th street to hazel dell avenue is fantastic. Wide, well paved, frequently traveled, no worries. The section from Hazel Dell Avenue to 4th Plain & Falk is sketch city. I wouldn’t recommend it unless it’s daytime and you’re a male. Females, bring the dog and your CCW. I take my dog here often. It’s very nice. Bald Eagle siting last week!

walking.

To second loop and back.

Mon Dec 10 2018

It’s okay, not a great hike but a decent place if you want a fast bike ride.

Tue Oct 23 2018

I did the section that starts at Lakeshore Ave and stopped at Hazel Dell Ave. it was a quiet and pretty little trail starting out. We did end up walking by some houses and yards towards the end though, which is to be expected with a trail in the city.

Fri Jun 08 2018

Thought this was going to be much better of a walk but once we started it was only about a mile or so before it became very unban & somewhat sketchy. Several homeless people riding around, a kind biker even stopped us to warn us that it’s a dangerous area (I had my baby with me). We did see 2 bald eagles though at the swampy part at the start so that was cool. Probably wouldn’t come back here unless on bike perhaps.

Sat Mar 10 2018

It was OK, the trail goes through neighborhoods so not lots of stop and go.

Thu Jul 13 2017

Great running trail.

Fri May 12 2017

Great for a bike ride.

Tue May 02 2017

Fairly easy trail with a few harder climbs if not in good shape. Very nice to hit after work. Well maintained.

Mon Jan 23 2017

This is a excellent black top surface to concrete. Burton to 4th plain is a flat section. Bathroom stops along the whole route. Great high speed trail. Beautiful section under the sr 500. Albeit its littered out with graffiti and trash. Its pretty cool it exists in the heart of the city. Watch out for the coyote pack around andresan ave to burton, There is a lot of them. After dark to early morning. I use this trail all the time and run across them. They will chase you. The section that crosses 4th plain to past leverick park always has your typical bum and druggie population and unsavory types. I always carry mace on this ride. If your into frizby golf leverick park is good. This is also a good trip to make with friends and hit the bars along the way. This is a great night ride with a fine mix of city and forested swamplands.

Tue Jan 03 2017

be very cautious in the early am i was attacked by very aggressive coyotes near andresen

recorded Burnt Bridge Creek Trail