Brownie Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Montesano, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 528 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This Trail was cool until you get to the top were it turns into clear cut. Hiking through clear cut is lame.

Good hike! Would do again. Shorter than I thought though. Some steep moments but as you would expect for moderate trail.

The hill at the start is so beautiful! The ferns, the trees! Truly amazing! If you aren’t used to hills you’ll be a little winded. The clear cut is a little down but understandable for forest maintenance. We saw a lot of witches butter on the tree stumps!

flooded

Good quick morning hike did the Brownie trail to the east lake sylvia trail. Its muddy and the west side of the lake current is water logged.

flooded

Didn’t actually end up on trail sorry. So many amazing offshoots.

Good hike

Steep beginning and then clear cut areas nothing to see but thick forest and then what is left after clear cutting. Decent work out. I combined it with the Forestry Trail.

Good hiking. Only saw people when we were near the lake.

I enjoyed this trail in the first part of it was beautiful. I unfortunately didn’t get all the way to the end due to the company that I was with and the time constraints that I had, but the climb upwards at the beginning is pretty fun and moderately challenging. Kids may get tired if they are younger. Unfortunately a lot of the trail in the mid part of it was overgrown and badly needed to be cut/maintained. I plan to go out there again in the future and possibly on my own. I saw two other hikers on this trail.

This hike was really awesome. I didn't see a single person this whole hike on one of the most beautiful days of the year. Definitely a steep incline of a hike on the way out, but the hike back was lovely and mostly downhill.

pretty awesome. I'll do it again. by lake I did more then the brownie trail

Tue Feb 26 2019

thank God for the app being connected to Gps because we took a wrong turn and went way out. ended up piggy backing different trails to get back. all this with a 4 year old and a couple dogs. plenty if great scenery.

Sun Dec 09 2018

Easy trail. Very pretty.

Sun Sep 02 2018

Quiet and woodsy with some decent views at the top. Hooks up with several other trails

Sat Aug 11 2018

I found two clear cuts coming from the Lake Sylvia side. Not a bad trail but nothing really interesting about it either.

Sat May 12 2018

I liked the workout, but the trail was ugly from all the recent logging.

Tue May 08 2018

Large piece of trail destroyed by active logging last week.

Sun Oct 08 2017

A good amount of elevation gain and the trail was in good shape.

Thu May 01 2014

Pretty steep and technical but reasonable on the downhill if you go up the road along the west side of the lake and then hard left up the logging road after the lake. Great technical trail along that logging road with a teeter totter on a log. Many trails up along the lake Sylvia ridge and in the surrounding hills.

recorded Brownie Trail