Bridal Veil Falls Trail

Bridal Veil Falls Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Index, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Scenic hike to Bridal Veil falls.

Hiked today (2/20/2017). Parking lot was effectively snow free, as was trail for first ½ mile. Moderate snow cover most of the way. I used snow shoes in some sections as they provided extra tread and I was carrying my daughter on my back. Micro spikes would have been the best option. About 1/6th of a mile before the falls, an avalanche has covered the trail for about 60-70 feet and the path is a bit treacherous. Refrozen snow on the steps for the last ½ mile to the falls means a slippery descent. Quite rainy today and my 21 month old didn't want to linger for long.

Great mossy forest, plenty of running streams to cross, and some decent views here and there.

Will definitely be back over the summer when conditions are better.

This was very pretty and not too strenuous to get to the falls. I've done this hike in the summer and the winter. The falls are beautiful and roaring in the summer. In the winter, you need showshoes or at the very least snow spikes. The falls are frozen and spectactar.

I would recommend hiking on to Lake Serene in the summer. Bring your sunglasses! The sun reflecting off the lake is blinding. In the winter, the lake is not Serene at all; I experienced 60mph winds and all the water in my CamelBack hose froze solid.

Awesome in the winter. Short and sweet trail, well worth the hike.

Gorgeous hike.

Definitely NOT a hike for beginners. This is NO way is a easy trail. The trail is very rocky with rooted as well as the incline working your way to the top. However, I absolutely loved it & the work out. Very populated trail and dog friendly. I was actually shocked to see little dogs & kids on this trail considering? When you finally reach the top of Bridal Vail Falls and your looking at the view with this raging waterfall behind you, you feel this sense of peace. Or as I call it, your moment in heaven..I will be back to hike Lake Serene in the near future. I've been a several trails and this by far, has to be be favorite.