Bresemann Forest Trail

Bresemann Forest Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tacoma, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice easy, flat walking trail. Beautiful creek with logs to cross. We had fun on the many off shoot trails, but the trail itself is not marked so it's easy to get turned around in there but as long as you stay on a trail you will find your way out because the trail head is also the exit. It definitely is like a "maze" as another hiker noted in their remarks. We did see a spot where it looked like someone transient had been staying out there.

First time here with the family. Right off a busy street in Parkland,WA. Easy walking trail. Half way through the walk you can see a creek, a pond and a few houses. Pretty scenery with a lot of trees. You can hear cars driving by on a few parts of the trail. I also saw pieces of clothes and a tarp scattered in the bushes. I believe transients sometimes sleep in the forest overnight. Please be aware that although there are POSTED RULES FOR KEEPING DOGS ON LEASH some dog owners let their dogs off leash here. Just walking along the trail a dog runs up to my daughter and she got nipped in the hand by a Great Dane and enough to draw blood. I regret not having my pepper spray with me. We had to call authorities for this incident. Other than that, the trail is easy, flat and somewhat scenic, but with some dogs off leash and clothing debris in the bushes we won’t be back. To those that want to try it out, my word of advice is to carry pepper spray for protection against unruly off leash dogs on the trail.

my kids, dogs, and I walk this Trail all of the time. They love to hunt for painted rocks here, and dinosaurs. ;-) there is a nice creek and waterfall. I would not recommend getting in the water. I believe they even have signs up about it. But there is a cool bridge and it is far more than a loop. It's more of a maze. Going any direction will pretty much lead you to the same place because all ends except for the front are blocked off. however, this is spanaway. So bring some sort of protection, just in case some weirdo is hiding back there. I've never had anything happen, but I've heard some stories.

Sunday was a beautiful day for a quiet low impact family walk. Breseman is just over 1 1/2miles. There's a flowing creek that we enjoyed crossing by balancing on logs and the walk is pretty shaded with a canopy of mature trees. Our 9 year old daughter enjoyed climbing the rock mountain. Parking was free and convenient to the trail at Sprinker.

Good trail that is conveniently located for a last minute afternoon walk. Easy trail.

Such a beautiful trail my girls loved wadding in the creek and it’s an easy path for toddlers. We really enjoyed this trail. There’s also some big boulders for climbing with the older kids near the entrance. A great place for a family day outdoors.

This is a great little hike on an unpaved trail. It was really beautiful, especially along side the creek. Parking lot is at Sprinker, we actually passed by it, so keep a look out as the entrance is right next to the big parking lot near the woods. We did this trail on a Sunday and it was not busy at all. There is another walking area almost right across the street at Spanaway Lake, it is a paved trail and since we were there we decided to do both. So glad we did bc I had no idea that Spanaway Lake was that big! Super fun day and do both trails!

nice walk

This is one of very few trails nearby, and one of the only unpaved trails around. There are no trail markings, but it’s small enough you won’t get lost.

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Nice little trails, if you make it to the dam, there were beavers!

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Had a fun time with the family. We took a few side trails and crossed the creek via a fallen log. My daughters had a great time. Nice and well maintained main trail. Side trails vary.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

It's good for a hike in the city, but the whole hike you can hear traffic. A good section of the hike follows a chain link fence with razor wire on top of it. The creek is nice. The trail is very wide and well maintained. For a Saturday there wasn't very many people using the trail. It's a nice getaway if you're strapped for time or can't travel far from home.

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Awesome park. Great view and the jungle gym was a hit with my boys!

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Love it! So peaceful to walk along the brook I. The morning!

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

I Take my kids every weekend they absoultley love running around. Last weekend we did a scavenger hunt and found all kinds of different things.

Monday, March 20, 2017

very cool trail, lots of stuff to see and do , forgot i was in tacoma

Monday, March 20, 2017

love this trail lots to do and see, i forgot i was in tacoma