Bowman Bay via Rosario Head Trail

Bowman Bay via Rosario Head Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Anacortes, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

Beautiful. Lots of roots and rocks to trip but well worth the walk.

so... I totally got off the trail, ended up climbing down and back up a cliff, was by myself and feared for my life for a second.. but aside from that it was beautiful. The weather was perfect and the views were breathtaking.

Easy hike. Family and dog friendly. Breathtaking views. Quite busy over the Labor Day Weekend.

Most of this trail was great. However, for those never been here, beware of the last .5 mile between light house point and bowman bay. It was like climbing in steep hills and felt like creating your own trail in the bushes. When checked against google maps, it looked like the person who created this trail took the scenic and uncommon route.

Beautiful!
I took my 3 year old Grandson. He loved it all

Beautiful views!

Wow! The views are spectacular.

Gorgeous views on a moderately-easy hike. This is one of our favorite hikes!

Beautiful views, nice and easy distance. It's a fabulous hike and we highly recommend it.

Such a beautiful state park and great hikes with pull out points that are breathtaking. I spent hours just gazing upon the sea. The rangers at the research center have interpreted nature hikes at low tide. I was able to see sea stars, crabs, cucumbers and more! You can also rent kayaks and paddle boards.

Found this hike on this app and I would have to say it was fantastic!!! It was an easy to moderate hike in some spots but definitely not bad! Really enjoyed all the views! Really thought it was a great hike for a beginner!

An unbelievably scenic hike the whole route. Some brief climbs up and down, but quite easy overall. Lots of lovely spots for a picnic by the water.

Monday, January 23, 2017

Beautiful trail, well maintained, parking area and bathroom facilities. Great for all skill levels. Breathtaking views of the San Juan Islands.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Beautiful hike! Scenic views and fairly flat easy hiking!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

We walked from the Bowman parking lot to Rosario Beach for the tide pools-- WOW! The hike was mostly flat and smooth-- some great views and beautiful madrona trees. There's a rope that guides you through the tide pools to minimize foot trafftic through a delicate ecosystem. We saw all manner of sea vegetables and lots of urchins, tiny crabs, etc. The tide was coming in, so we didn't stay as long as we might have liked-- check the tide schedule online to plan your trip. What a treat for landlubbers like me!

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Amazing!! Great hike, perfect on a beautiful day for those that like to meditate. The views are stunning! I will go back many times, I'm sure of it..

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Beautiful beautiful beautiful!

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Has some great views along the trail. Very busy in the summer. When the trail is rated easy, it is a little bit of a higher end easy, not just a little stroll. We took our Boston Terrier and Dachshund on the trail, some parts were a touch harder for them. This is a great trail to get started with if you are new to hiking or are a flatlander. A great view of Deception Pass. We saw a sea lion in a little cove, eagles, and a kite.

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Right by the ocean, minimal incline, and a bunch of really beautiful places to sit and enjoy the beach and the forrest at the same time. If you're looking for privacy this isn't the place but that doesn't take anything away from what it has to offer in my opinion.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Spectacular views, and one of my favorite hikes. Having a said that I'm surprised by the the rating of easy! We cut through the middle of Rosario ducked south for the point(Amazing), and then took the trail to the north side of Rosario head. This part was a tiny trail that was exceptionally difficult for our kids and dog. Several areas where we thought we were lost because the trail was so tiny. Checked gps and we were o the right trail, but I would rate this portion as hard.

Amazing views makes this a must,but don't expect a flat easy path!