Boulder River Trail

Boulder River Trail is a 8.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Arlington, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

The waterfall is unnamed, which is surprising considering its height and beauty. The trail up to the falls is an easy hike, but once at the falls, if you want to get down to the base of the falls, there is a bit of a scramble down (and up).

Super easy but immensely enjoyable trail with options to venture into mildly more demanding actions, like going down the the shore of the falls. I took two kids; 10 and 8 years old with me and they loved the Falls and seemed to find the difficulty of the trail in line with their desires.
Tried to go nearly a year ago and got stuck in snow on the slightly perilous drive to the trail head. So it was nice to finally see this one today.
Population traffic was healthy but not Rattlesnake Ledge absurd.

nice hike, awesome falls....especially in a downpour. worth going for a rainy easy hike.

Great easy walk. The falls are nice and are pretty early on. Light crampons would have been helpful for several slick spots but mostly easily doable in regular snow boots. Lots of potholes on the road leading to the trailhead.

One of the easiest longest hikes I've done. Thought that there was going to be more to see at the top but the elevation gain wasn't rough. It was more of a good nice walk in nature. Easy for families, pets, and friends. Alot of room to walk. Once you hit the lake with the big boulders you're at the destination. I've hiked 9 miles on this going off trail just to explore and look for more excitement but didn't seem to see much. it's an easy shot straight there and back. camping is permitted as well.

I love this trail. It's always in good shape and it's a great quick and easy hike for kids :)

Beautiful

This is the best rainy day hike ever! It gets five stars only when its wet and rainy and you really need to hike somewhere. Nice trail along the river with all sorts of water falls and lush green colors. The trail just ends as it goes no where so turning around early is not a big deal. Save this one for a wet day

Excellent trail for toddlers. Wide trail with plenty of shade. Although wide, the trail does have a steep drop off the side in many areas so we just kept our 2 year old on the inside. It's a bit of a scramble with toddlers down to the water but manageable, in particular with a hiking pole. Traffic on the trail was not much, we only encountered a handful of other hikers.

To the first set of water falls is definitely easy! I would recommend for younger kids and families. Which is about 1.5 miles in. I understand the rating of easy with that. Anything beyond that though definitely gets harder!

Definitely wouldn't rate this Trail as "easy" compared to most of the trails rated as the same on here. Best part of the trail is the falls but that's only 1.5 miles in, the rest of the trail past a certain point was overgrown and there was no definitive end but did lead to the river which I can assume was the end as we had walked way past the 4.4 miles point for the out and back trek.

We drove 2 hours to get here and it was worth it!! What a beautiful place! We took 4 kids ranging from 7-13. They all loved it! It took us about 3 hours to hike. It was a little much for my 62 year old dad but he accomplished it and feels great about it! We will definitely be back!

Warning: several car windows were smashed in at the trailhead. We decided not to stay because of it. Very disappointing because we planned to backpack in and stay the night. I did call the police to report. So sad for the 5 or so cars that were vandalized.

fyi there are 4 cars with Windows smashed out at the trailhead parking, we opted to not stay

Rad trail. Perfect weather. Double waterfall. Got here with my dogs around 330, everyone was coming down for the day, so it was perfect! Didn't do the whole trail but made it to the most important part! We well be back to conquer the whole trail next time! :)

It's so beautiful here! If you're looking for a challenge then look elsewhere, but if you just want to see a couple pretty waterfalls and have a nice walk this is a good spot.

Loved it!

kid friendly. my two year old had a blast.

Super easy day hike. The best part is the first set of waterfalls about a mile in (be sure to take the path down). The only down side was the last .6 miles were so overgrown we didn't make it to Boulder Ford Campsite. The 3+ mile dirt/gravel road to the trailhead is very pot hole ridden so drive slow. If you have kids or older dogs, it's a great hike.

We loved it. Beautiful hike and easy for the kids. There is a tree down in one spot that you have to climb over to get to the falls. The waterfall area is gorgeous!

Very easy and flat trail for kids. Can be difficult with kids in carriers if you hike past the waterfall for 3.5 more miles. Great place to wade in on a sunny day!