Boulder Garden Loop Trail

Boulder Garden Loop Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near North Bend, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Quick, pleasant loop - an alternative to doing Little Si

It's a great shorter hike for after class but it is a little challenging depending on which side you start at. For more of a challenge I recommend starting at the second entrance but if you want something easier start at the first entrance.

Hiked this trail after coming down Little Si. The loop entrance closer to Little Si is steep, the part towards the trail head is a pleasant grade. I recommend starting closer to Little Si, and finishing closer to the trail head. Not much to see on this trail, it's quiet and has lots of trees and moss. Links to Old Mount Si Trail.

Nice loop.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Absolutely gorgeous forest hike, lots of huge boulders. The beginning of the hike shares the trail with Little Si. We were the only ones that turned onto this route. I'll tell you - I'm a city girl and the fact that we were completely alone in the middle of the woods freaked me out a bit. No sound from all the people going up to Mt Si, no traffic noise. But the scariest wildlife we came across were slugs, ha ha. We ran across one guy at the very top who was running! It's a fairly steep incline all the way up on a dirt path. The whole way back was all rocks. There were several times I could have snagged my ankle or slid down a sharp hill, but we made it out unscathed. WEAR HIKING BOOTS. Regular shoes won't cut it. Unless you're like that guy that can run up a mountain...

Saturday, July 02, 2016