Boardman Lake Trail

Boardman Lake Trail is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Granite Falls, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

bridge out

Directions from Verlot: Travel east on the Mt. Loop Hwy. for 4.5 miles. Turn right on Schweitzer Creek Road #4020. Continue on for 5 miles to the trailhead on the left.

Great easy little hike. I wouldn't recommend the road up without 4 wheel drive. We'll do it again!

This is always a great hike, and one you can do solo. Very beautiful through here. There is one section on the road up that is messed up, if a low clearance Audi sedan can get through it almost anyone should be able to, just stay to the right and go through the puddle. The trail has a few muddy areas. Bugs weren't to bad. The road in, and the trail are snow free.

Partly washed out road - only high clearance vehicles could make it to trailhead. I parked about 4 miles back and walked in. Super nice day out. Once I arrived at the trail, it was very muddy and 75% of the trail had snow on it - but it was manageable with a pole. Very nice hike overall!

Very very soggy trail! It was around 75-80 degrees, mid day when my boyfriend and I did this hike. There was a huge amount of mud just all over the trail, thick and sludgy. The lake, as usual, was absolutely lovely. However around 3:30-4:00 it started to get really buggy. The road up to the trail head was probably the hardest part. A little over 5 miles of gravel road filled with huge potholes. If you drive a low sitting vehicle this might not be the best trail to do. We had to get out and push some severely unprepared people in a convertible out of a rut. The lake however, if you are prepared, is worth it all. Absolutely spectacular views even on the drive up, and the first lake you pass on the trail is so serene. Great hike! We often take our 9 year old lab and she handles it great.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Hiked solo out here today. The trail is muddy in places, has puddles and streams running down parts of the trail. I had the whole place to myself which is a plus. This is a very kid and dog friendly hike, excellent for new hikers.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

short and sweet. busy but not as busy as most in the area

Saturday, April 09, 2016

short trail but nice. gets busy on weekends

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Saturday, April 02, 2016

I was with a 9&4 year old in sneakers, couldn't even make it to the trailhead due to snow. The last five miles is moderate gravel road with potholes galore. I ended up at the ranger station down the road to inquire about trails without snow. I headed to old robe. Much much easier with a nice ending at the river.

Friday, January 01, 2016

Took our little puppy up for her first hike! The trail is easygoing and the lake was a great find!

Saturday, July 18, 2015

It's an easy pretty hike. We really enjoyed it.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Very easy but a fun hike. Great place to take a swim.

Thursday, July 02, 2015

Beautiful trail, short, and the water was so warm we went swimming.

Monday, June 22, 2015

nice hike, beautiful views this is a definite go back to and visit again area!

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Nice short trip, great for kids.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

This is one of my favorite hikes for kids! Or an introduction to hiking for a new hiker. The lake is beautiful and fun to swim in!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Easy hike lots of neat things along the trail. Watch out for roots along the trial. Beautiful lake wish we would have brought a fishing pole and small boat.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Great for a short hike. Lake Evan is 0.1, and Boardman Lake is 0.8 miles from the trailhead. Very wet, muddy and slick, which is to be expected in a March hike. We were basically walking in a small creek most the way up. Lots of rocks & roots on the trail, but our 7 & 11 year olds had no problems. Didn't see ANY bugs either.

Monday, August 18, 2014