Black Diamond Coal Mine Trail

Black Diamond Coal Mine Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Black Diamond, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

This trail is primarily used by mountain bikers.

We loved it. Well marked for the most part and easy to navigate - beautiful scenery. It's also easy to choose how long of a hike you want since there are several trail options here. Also all the trails are signed noting the level of difficulty.

A good trail. I've hiked this countless times alone when I used to live 2 min away from it.

It's a pretty trail and I had a good time but I was out of place with just my feet and my dog. Had to dodge quickly out of the way twice because the trails are narrow and the bikers come on quick -- once into a very prickly stand of bushes. I'd only recommend going with a bike!

This trail has been completely taken over by mountain bikers and is no longer safe for hiking or off leash dogs.

Fun trails . Bring pepper spray seen a black bear in the area July, 4. 2017 .

Very cool trails that wind through a lush forest over a few streams alongside a lake and by a couple ponds. Trails are marked and well maintained with a few park benches to sit and enjoy the peaceful woods. This is a great app. The trail map was spot on, and the GPS worked great in navigating the paths.

Most of the trails we found were more for biking than hiking. Still very pretty.

This is an easy hike but the pictures of coal cars, foundations and graves are not this trail. Those are from Franklin ghost town trail off Old Lawson down by the green river gorge. So don't be disappointed when you can't find them on this trail.

flat, easy to train on

This is horrible. This is first and foremost BMX Bike runs. Signs that say things like "To Coal Carts" do not go to coal carts, they are just course names...

As for the grave yard and old foundations and carts, they are not labeled, there are no clear directions too; so no way to find unless you already know the secret routes and/or want to bush wack through to them.

Waste of time.

If you want a hike with a structured end point going to a place, find something else.

We went out to see the coal mine and cars. Never found them, we hiked a nice 6 miles. It was good hiking, but some of the trails need to be labeled better. It is used mostly by mountain bikers so watch your back. If you are looking for the coal mine and ghost town, this is not the trail. The correct trail for that is Franklin coal mine and ghost town. It cost 5 dollars to park at franklin. That trail also has a cool river gorge. We can't wait until next weekend to hike that. This trail was enjoyable. We were just disappointed becuase we didn't realize it wasnt the correct trail until 3+ miles into it. It is kid friendly.

A nice pleasant walk. Mountain bikers a pleanty and well kept trails. Nice and flat. Should be considered easy for mast folks...

Went hiking/walking here yesterday. Never found the mine or cars. Disappointed in this trail. Lots of bikes and closed or one way trails. No way to find actual trail for mine. Lots of trails have been named by bike club. Wish I had chose somewhere else.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

This used to be a great place to horseback ride, but once again, the mountain bikers came in, built additional trails and then made nearly all the original ones off-limits. County records show this land was secured for multi-use, yet they have taken over virtually every trail. I've been riding in the area since the 1980's and find this recreation group very frustrating.

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Awesome lake, great park.

Thursday, August 04, 2016

was a good 3.5 hour hike.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Went for a biking adventure today with my family. Warning!!!! do not go biking there if you are not on a mountain bike! LOL. My bad though, I brought my hybrid bike (road bike/mountain bike), and it's groaning. The trail was fun for everyone else though, they also didn't have a toddler in the back on a baby seat. My bad again! Would have been even more fun if the trails were better marked but overall was awesome!

Thursday, July 21, 2016

great trails not too difficult not a simple walk, many small paths for people who like to adventure even deeper.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

lots of little trails that link together and make it really hard to get lost!you can access lake sawyer. we take our horses

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Coolest place!!!!!! The scenery is gorgeous and theirs all kinds of different routes to take some are scary as hell some are flat ground some have incline some are downhill some are bridges it varies! Best place ever especially since I live right by it!