Bill Chipman Palouse Trail: Pullman to Moscow

Bill Chipman Palouse Trail: Pullman to Moscow is a 15 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pullman, Washington and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and road biking and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 15.0 miles Elevation Gain: 262 feet Route Type: Out & Back

paved

rails trails

This was the first time ever on this trail for me. also the first time with our 4to on a trail-a-bike. once he stopped trying to tip us over by looking behind it was great. this was truly an easy ride, even from a very occasional rider standpoint. our middle child was on a bike without any gearing and while she was tired, she did really well. we had a friend come pick us up from Moscow to go back to Pullman but after refueling we may have been good to ride back.

Not much of trail. Paved and runs next to a highway so the sound of cars and trucks flying is not so appealing. Not much to look at while walking.

Easy but busy. I do this one a lot with my pup during the week and you’ll see tons of people on it. It’s well kept but noisy since it’s right next to a major road. Not a hike, just a place to go for an everyday walk.

I love to cycle on this trail - it's a great and EASY ride out to Moscow. I'm confused how some of these trails get their difficulty levels, but this trail is fairly flat. There's some elevation gain and some wind but it's certainly not moderate in difficulty. It's well maintained and wide. Most of the time you'll run into some folks but I've never experienced overcrowding.

Saturday, May 05, 2018

Easy select your mileage walk when you are over visiting WSU.

Thursday, April 05, 2018

I like this trail to trail skate on. I personally like jogging the Moscow to Troy side as there's more to look at and has some pretty good views. However Moscow to Pullman is flatter so it makes it easier to have speed control when there are 8 wheels strapped to my feet.

Monday, June 29, 2015

This is such a great example of the Rails to Trails program! My husband and I used this trail to train for my first half marathon, running year-round there, four times per week. There is always parking near the trailhead on the Pullman end, and if you need even more length, you can incorporate the Pullman Loop trail, which adds another 6-7 miles on. Anyway, the Bill Chipman Trail affords lots of great sight-seeing opportunities of the local farmland (pretty sure there's a mini-horse or pony out there). Only thing to really keep in mind is that there is not much shade, and you'll really want to take water with you. Go and enjoy it for me, as I have since moved away!

Thursday, March 06, 2014

Great paved trail system connection Pullman, WA and Moscow ID. The trail gets plenty of traffic with all types of activities from biking, walking, running, and roller blading. Take a detour about a mile outside of Pullman and follow the trail along the airport road to the WSU grizzly bear research center to view the grizzly bears.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Love this trail! Perfect for roller skating, biking, running, walking, walking the dogs, skateboarding -- everything! The trail has a series of scenic stops that feature information on the historical and ecological past of the area, as well as benches, bike racks, restrooms and an emergency phone. Perfect way to spend a few hours. Plus, it goes right into Pullman.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

This is a great paved trail between moscow and pullman. Follows a stream. Passes farms. Lovely in spring and summer. Relaxing.good fit a quick workout.

Friday, June 29, 2018