Big Gulch Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mukilteo, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

Big Gulch provides ample amounts of walking trails that are well manicured and user friendly for everyone. Tall evergreen trees, lush forest floors, and a thriving ecosystem are only a few of the highlights experienced in Big Gulch. Trail heads are located at 4800 92nd Street SW, Mukilteo, WA and 4675 Harbour Point Blvd., Mukilteo, WA.

My favorite trail to run in the area. There are plenty of out and back trails to take as well as a large set of wooden stairs to climb. It does smell a bit at times because it’s near a water treatment plant. Plenty of blackberries in the summer and a lot of birds and squirrels. My dog loves walking on this trail as well. There are some people that walk their dogs off leash but they’re typically well behaved.

Great fall day...just what we needed before the rain hits ... double knot brewery nearby as well.

great, but the sewer vents smells pretty bad.

Beautiful but very stinky in parts.

Trail is well maintained. Couldn’t escape the sewage smell near the bottom of the ravine. Not likely to return.

Enjoyed this close-to-home trail, which was clean and well groomed throughout. Our dog also enjoyed herself. We did laugh at the AllTrails description that says the trail follows "a river;" the creek is likely impressive in the wet season but its bed was completely dry in late August. Yes, we noticed the smells that others mention, as well as a few awesome blackberries that hadn't been scarfed until we got there. Good outing.

Started/finished at library. Ok trail however one section has periodic sewer smells since it runs near or by the water treatment facility.

Nice easy trail. Great for kids. Our 2yr old can walk on his own in most spots and the 5yr old had no problems at all. I like all that the trail splits off in a few spots so you can explore different paths.

steep in spots. we parked at a
hotel and started there. beautiful!

Not a good trail as I hoped t would have been. Went with my fam and dog, started out beautiful. Don’t get me wrong, it’s beautiful all the way, but somewhere in between the smell of sewers stenches the air real bad in one spot that kind of ruined the normal smell of nature I usually inhale when I hike. It’s a good workout. I don’t know if I want to come back.

Great for kids, stairs that you will likely have to carry them up if they are under 5 (unless they are experienced hikers) but not too bad.

Sewage vent at one area (as other reviews mention) was very strong but only for 15 seconds or so

Trail was very well maintained with a few rest areas which was great for the kids

this our first trip of many of local hikes. this was an easy trail but it is not paved or flat. also when you get to the end and you think hey I will just take the road back. I think it was harder than the trail because of the steep incline of the road.

Confusing where official trail begins from parking lot, sketch people with tattoos on their face loitering, trail deep and winding , not for kids.

Very good nature walk with the sounds of birds and a creek pretty much throughout the entire trail. There is a portion of the trail that smells like sewage but it was pretty brief. All in all it was a great hike.

Saturday, November 04, 2017

We had a blast! The trail is well maintained. Perfect for those who (like us) enjoy more of a nature walk and are light hikers.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Mid October Sunday mid morning. Walking with our 3 dogs. Sunny and bright, temp around 60 degrees.

Trail is easy, wide with no trip hazards. Very well maintained. Mud in only one very small, easy to traverse patch. Elevation easy but our 60 year old bodies felt it at the end.

The sewer smell others have mentioned was light and only really noticeable in one small, concentrated area. There were few others on the trail, we encountered around 12 to 15 other people along the entire trail.

The woods were spectacular to walk through.

We will be back again.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Very enjoyable trail. Indeed a small part smells of sewer but not enough to ruin experience.

Monday, July 17, 2017

Along a sewage line. Smells awful. Stink with bugs but a nice walk otherwise.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Some mud today on the trail, but it was a perfect walk for myself, 2.5 yr old and 1 yr old that I wore. We started at the library, which has easy access to the trail on either side.

Monday, May 15, 2017

Was a nice hike close to the city. We took the longer Trail which brought us to a service road at the end. There is an aroma of sewer during part of the walk. The 90ish stairs in the beginning are pretty!

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Good one to do with the kids or when you just want to get out there for a quick walk. (Kids like the park too. Lol) I suggest staying on the North/South forks because it gets a little stinky on the West fork. Little muddy today, but that is to be expected this time of year and nothing that wasn't passable.

Friday, September 16, 2016

This was an okay trail, as trails go, but I will never go back for one big reason: it stunk.

Like most of the way, it stunk like sewage. And not just a little. It was bad in places and downright foul in others. Like, I had to hold my nose. Dramatically. I was breathing through my sleeve and gasping for air as if i was walking through a smoky room.

It was dangerously bad. Yucky. Blech. Ew. I can still taste it. Pheeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeew!

[insert crying children gif here]

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Great trail for a run. I was unable to find parking for the park itself but ended up finding parking at the Mukilteo Library. It ended up working out great as the lot connects to the trail. It's a good 40 minute trail run, moderately difficult to run, it would be a nice and easy hike though.

Monday, September 05, 2016

We took all 3 kids (ages 6-11) to walk this trail today. We parked at the library and hopped on the trail there. It was fab! There were quite a few people, and lots of dogs who looked very happy. The kids were griping on the way back up, but all in all it was a lovely walk in the forest!

Sunday, August 21, 2016

I WOULD RECOMMEND PARKING AT 92ND STREET PARK. I drove around the park once because my GPS didn't take me to an entrance.

Really awesome trail. There is an option to run a longer, flatter route that ends at the library or a shorter, steeper route (which is more beautiful, in my opinion). Very peaceful!!!!

There is a few meters where you can smell the sewage.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

This is a great little trail through a foresty area, with views of a little creek and a mini waterfall. At the end of the walk you end up at the public library! A very nice stroll.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Nice

Saturday, July 02, 2016

It is great for a run and will push your endurance. Great exercise!

Monday, June 27, 2016

This trail is 4-5 miles...great trail! There are a few places that you can smell sewage but honestly, it's just for a moment. This is a great little hike for kids!