Big Four Ice Caves Trail

Big Four Ice Caves Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Granite Falls, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 488 feet Route Type: Out & Back

cave

partially paved

Please check park website for current status of trails and roads. Roads and trails may be closed through June.

Easy and fun for the beginning of the season. I hiked this just over a year ago, sad to hear it isn't accessible at the moment because the bridge has been removed.

closed
icy

The trail up to the bridge was beautiful! Easy trail, very well maintained. Fair warning, the road was closed so it's an extra two mile walk (but still very pretty), and the bridge was out and we were unfortunately able to get across the water. The water would have been close to our knees if we would have crossed.

icy

Muy buena caminata, el puente estaba cerrado pero podías cruzar por el río. Muy recomendable :)

icy

Good little hike. The bridge is closed for repairs, but there is a solid, sturdy log that you can use to cross the stream with ease. Ice Cave is a beautiful site!

bridge out

Amazing trail, had to walk across the river but wasn't too bad walking across river in low areas.

The bridge to the cave is currently down so couldn’t get across the water to see it.

Pretty disappointed the trail wasnt updated, I looked this morning before we left. I've been here before and was taking a friend from out of state to see the caves but the bridge was taken down so we were unable to get to the caves.

Great trail! well maintained. I took my family there yesterday Oct. 22 for a hike to the caves. There is water over the trail in a few spots, but nothing terrible. We were able to make it all the way with my youngest in a jogging stroller. Views were great all along the way and the ice cave never disappoints!

Beautiful easy hike up to the amazing Ice Caves its breathtaking. We go atleast 3 times a yr.Just dont go in the ice caves its Deadly you can get a great pic a 100ft in front of it

Lovely trail with breathtaking views! It’s inspiring and jaw dropping. Pretty easy trek from the start and a short distance. It packs a lot of beauty in a short hike.

Today was a perfect day! Had a picnic with friends and family first at the picnic area. Great views of Four Mountain and the fireplace of the old inn from the 20’s. Then made the trek to the ice caves! Lots of people but most were respectful and stayed on the trail. The ice caves are awesome but I wish people wouldn’t go in them! There are warning signs everywhere!! Will definitely come back!

Well kept trail and easy to navigate. Beautiful ice cave at the end!

Pretty easy hike. The wood gets a little slick in the rain but nothing to bad. The drive there is easy and paved. It gets cold once up there so make sure you bundle up. There are signs saying they are collapsing right now. You should never enter these caves in the first place. I did the hike with my kiddos and we made it up and all the way back with only one kid five minutes from the car giving up :)

Beautiful hike the caves are too dangerous to go near and I couldn’t see inside with the binoculars the rangers had so I wasn’t impressed by the actually cave, but I did think the scenery surrounding the cave was beautiful and the hike to it was really beautiful.

Such a spectacular view, never disappoints! The ice cave is still there in it’s threatening beauty. 360 degree views of the surrounding hills and mountains as you sit there contemplating its beauty.

Sunny and dry all the way up to the cave, lots of ice collapses so seriously dangerous to enter, very easy and fun hike for everyone

recorded Big Four Ice Caves Trail

Easy walk to the ice cave. The boardwalk needs a little TLC but I had no issues with it. Had the place entirely to myself for the 30 minutes I was there with my dog. There were a few groups at the trailhead having picnics.

Quick and easy walk. Plenty of parking at trailhead (different than picnic area). No snow on ground but caves still very impressive.

Easy hike. The trail is well maintained and the cave at the end of the trail is worth of seeing. Just be mindful of going inside the cave, some ice might fall off. overall, amazing stroll!