Learn more

Bethel Ridge OHV Trail is a 9.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Naches, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for camping and ohv/off road driving and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 9.5 mi Elevation gain 1,190 ft Route type Out & Back

Photos (28)
Recordings (5)
Completed (33)
Michelle Arbogast
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 17, 2020
OHV/Off Road Driving

Didn’t make it all the way to top. Still a lot of snow the last Mile

View Michelle's Recording
andrew mewshaw
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 3, 2019
HikingOff trail

Dry, dusty and clear to the top for those looking to drive. 6/1/2019 spectacular views from the top

Heather Hadley
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 16, 2019

Beautiful Trail hike, lots to see everyone I go. Easy trail to walk beautiful views

Heather Johnson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 5, 2018
OHV/Off Road Driving

Took NF-1500 up and the views were glorious. Only other vehicle we saw was a ranger near the top, and a couple of hunting camps just off of 12. It started to snow as we were leaving.

Lior Auslander
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 20, 2018
OHV/Off Road Driving

Very beautiful trail. Amazing views. Continued on 325 and then cut down to HWY 12 via NF-1400. Beyond the ridge the road becomes a bit more rugged and winding between narrow trees. Nothing too extreme just take your time slowly. It’s a fun drive.

bernice rebutiaco
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 5, 2018
OHV/Off Road Driving

Awesome views at the top of the ridge, we drove farther than the directions of where the GPS located bethel ridge and I’m glad we did. Trails are awesome for off roading with atv, bikes, and 4x4. I would say it’s an easy trail for off roading. We camped at the ridge and it was a beautiful and amazing view all throughout. Be warned, there’s A LOT of bugs and flies, bring a spray/ lotion, I wish we brought citronella with us. Camp fires are also not allowed although we’ve seen some pits made by people. All in all it was a great trip.

Myst Mcdaniels
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 29, 2017
Hiking

Beautiful day to go. Tamaracks were golden. Mountain goats were out. Along with both mountains.

Lino Martinez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 15, 2017

I've taken this drive 4 times now. I love wildlife, and this is a perfect opportunity for that. I've camp up there too. If you take it from white pass it's like 8 miles to the top, if you take it from Nile (chinook pass hw) it's double the distance, id recommend drive up from white pass hw and come down the longer way towards Nile, be careful with crazy drivers taking the downhill corners to fast... I've seen elk up there, coyotes, squires, chipmunks, pikas!!!! :) grouse, jays etc and once u up there I'd recommend adventure yourself into rd 190 all the way to the end is timberwolf mt, amazing views, and also mt goats can be seen up there, if you didn't have any luck try rd 199, I've seen them there too.

Jared Keeling
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 30, 2017
OHV/Off Road Driving

My family and I attempted this drive memorial weekend. Near the last mile or so of the drive, there was a sizeable pile of snow blocking most of the road. Our vehicle (a dually) couldn't make it past the narrow gap, but I imagine a traditional 4WD could. Within a couple of weeks we will likely try again, as I imagine it will clear up by then.

Vince Moriarty
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 21, 2016
OHV/Off Road Driving

Solid outing. Good scenery, fresh air and wild flowers. I'd rate the trail difficult as a 3.5 out if 5. We went out beyond the the route marked here and encountered some loose shale and very rutty trails. the views made it worth the effort. An average toyota tacoma should do this with no problem, but subarus will struggle. roads poorly demarcated so don't forget your compass and gps.

Tarah Zentz
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 19, 2014
First to Review

This road is fun for off roading or a nice scenic drive up in the woods. My friend and I saw some amazing photo opportunities along the way!

Sharon Jordan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 17, 2020
View Sharon's Recording
Gregory Snyder
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 27, 2019
View Gregory's Recording
Jennifer Gindt
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 12, 2018
View Jennifer's Recording