Bethel Ridge

Bethel Ridge is a 9.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Naches, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

Beautiful day to go. Tamaracks were golden. Mountain goats were out. Along with both mountains.

I've taken this drive 4 times now. I love wildlife, and this is a perfect opportunity for that. I've camp up there too.
If you take it from white pass it's like 8 miles to the top, if you take it from Nile (chinook pass hw) it's double the distance, id recommend drive up from white pass hw and come down the longer way towards Nile, be careful with crazy drivers taking the downhill corners to fast... I've seen elk up there, coyotes, squires, chipmunks, pikas!!!! :) grouse, jays etc and once u up there I'd recommend adventure yourself into rd 190 all the way to the end is timberwolf mt, amazing views, and also mt goats can be seen up there, if you didn't have any luck try rd 199, I've seen them there too.

off road driving

My family and I attempted this drive memorial weekend. Near the last mile or so of the drive, there was a sizeable pile of snow blocking most of the road. Our vehicle (a dually) couldn't make it past the narrow gap, but I imagine a traditional 4WD could. Within a couple of weeks we will likely try again, as I imagine it will clear up by then.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Solid outing. Good scenery, fresh air and wild flowers. I'd rate the trail difficult as a 3.5 out if 5. We went out beyond the the route marked here and encountered some loose shale and very rutty trails. the views made it worth the effort. An average toyota tacoma should do this with no problem, but subarus will struggle. roads poorly demarcated so don't forget your compass and gps.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

This road is fun for off roading or a nice scenic drive up in the woods. My friend and I saw some amazing photo opportunities along the way!